Mount Allison offers a number of services and programs to support safety on campus.
In addition to resources like security officers, residence staff, and event security staff, Mount Allison has extensive programming each year aimed at building awareness of sexual harassment, assault, discrimination, and consent and provides regular training for residence staff members, all with the goal of developing a culture of respect and reporting on our campus.
Security officers and safety patrols
Security officers patrol campus regularly and are available to assist you 24-7.
- To contact the Security Office: 506-364-2228
- If you have an emergency, please call 911
Walk Home Service
The Walk Home Service is available during major student-run events in residence and the Student Centre or upon request.
- To set up a walk home time: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (506) 224-0269
Sexual assault support
Crossroads for Women, an independent organization based in Moncton, provides support for survivors of sexual assault or partner violence.
- Services are available in person and through the centre's 24-hour crisis line: 1-844-853-0811
Find out more about sexual assault and harassment support and counselling at Mount Allison.
Event services staff (ESS)
ESS are students who provide security for all events that sell or serve alcohol. ESS are trained in first aid and can provide quick help when needed.
- For more information regarding ESS, please e-mail email@example.com.
Security Matters Committee
The Security Matters Committee serves as the primary mechanism for Mount Allison students to ask questions, raise concerns, and share information about personal safety and security on campus. The committee is comprised of those directly responsible for personal safety and security on campus and can be reached by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of the Security Matters Committee:
- Adam Christie — director of student life (chair)
- Neil MacEachern — director of facilities management
- Melody Petlock — harassment advisor
- Andy Hebert — manager of ancillary operations
- Karen Geldart — residence life manager
- Elise Vaillancourt — vice-president, student life (MASU)
- Donna Hurley — manager of campus services