Entrepreneurship is not an all or nothing commitment.
A great way to dip your toe into the water is to start a side hustle, a part-time business or social initiative.
In this module, you’ll learn how to:
- Set goals for starting a side hustle
- Generate a viable idea for your side hustle
- Create a pitch to sell your side hustle
- Develop a step-by-step plan for launching your side hustle
Start your side hustle
Introduction: what can a side hustle do for you?
Get clear on your goals
Set your side hustle goals (pdf).
Choose your idea
Evaluate three of your side hustle ideas (pdf).
Develop your offer
Develop your offer and prepare your pitch (pdf).
Identify the legal and financial requirements
Use this resource planner (pdf) to prepare your side hustle.
Create and execute your launch plan
Create your own side hustle syllabus (pdf) to help avoid becoming overwhelmed in your start up process.
Take entrepreneurial action(required activity)
1. Generate a viable idea for your side hustle and create a pitch for your product or service.
2. Try your pitch out on at least three people who are either in your target market or can role-play your ideal customer.
When you think about launching your side hustle, what thoughts and feelings come up for you?
What experiences and skills do you already have that can help make you successful as a side hustler?
What kind of support would help build up your confidence and achieve success through your side hustle?
Benefits of side hustles (Tedx Talks)