The President’s Task Force on Diversity and Inclusion was established in September 2020.
It was tasked with reviewing and assessing the University’s support for diversity and inclusion across a range of current practices and policies, including educational resources, training, and support, and identifying systemic barriers.
The Committee will bring forward recommendations for actions to help the University become a more diverse and inclusive community.
» President's Task Force on Diversity and Inclusion established at Mount Allison (Oct. 20, 2020)
Members of the Task Force
- Ivan Okello (Black Students Advisor and Diversity Educator) — co-chair
- Dr. Vicki St. Pierre (Dean of Arts) — co-chair
- Sabine Beisser (Human Resources)
- Dr. Amatoritsero Ede (Department of English)
- Dr. Lisa Dawn Hamilton (Department of Psychology)
- Rachael Hanakowski (Student, representative from ACID)
- Dr. Karl Hele (Canadian Studies and Indigenous Studies)
- Hope Salmonson (Student, representative from Catalyst)
- Dr. Greg Sandala (Research Services)
- Neil Silcox (Drama Studies)
- Elizabeth Stregger (Libraries and Archives)
- Yukun (Eva) Zhou (Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry)
Report of the President's Task Force on Diversity and Inclusion
The Task Force report was completed in July 2021.
The recommendations reflect a broad scope of review and touch on many aspects of student diversity, inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility, as manifested through the University's policies and administration, education, campus infrastructure and physical accessibility, research and teaching, and student life and health.
- Final report (pdf)
- Community update — July 29, 2021 (includes information on University commitments and next steps)