The Faculty Council serves as a forum and mechanism for faculty and librarians to discuss issues of relevance to them.
Faculty Council may advise the Senate on all matters within the Senate's competence and in particular shall recommend policy related to:
- terms of admission
- credits granted beyond admission requirements
- requirements for degrees
- authorization of degrees earned in course
The Faculty Council may advise the President on all matters of policy and of procedures relating to policy that are within the competence of the Board of Regents and the President.
Secretary of Faculty Council: David Fleming (2022-24)
The membership of the Faculty Council shall consist of:
- all professional librarians and full-time faculty, including those on leave, all persons teaching at least six credits in the regular academic session of the University
- the director of athletics
- senior administrators of the University (as from time to time defined by the Faculty Council Executive Committee)
- other such groups of persons with the University as the Faculty Council shall decide on the recommendation of its Executive Committee
The chair of the Faculty Council shall be elected by ballot for a term of two years from among the members of Faculty Council.
Faculty Council Executive Committee
Terms of reference
The Faculty Council Executive Committee shall prepare the work of Faculty Council, receive reports, make recommendations, and have general supervision of the affairs of Faculty Council between meetings.
The Faculty Council Executive has five members.
The chair of Faculty Council; two elected members, at least one of whom should hold a full-teaching position or librarian position in the University; a secretary; and the academic vice-president and provost:
- David Fleming (secretary) (2022-24)
- Andrea Beverley (chair) (2021- 2023)
- Andrea Morash (2022- 2025)
- Krista Johnston (2021 - 2024)
- Provost and vice-president, academic and research
The two elected members of the Faculty Council Executive Committee shall hold ex-officio seats on the Senate and shall not sit on Senate in any other capacity during their term of tenure on the Faculty Council Executive Committee.
Three, one of who shall be the chair of Faculty Council or in their absence a member of the Executive Committee nominated by the chair.
Scheduled meeting dates for fall 2022
(to be held via Teams)
Tuesday, Oct. 25 – 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 15 – 4:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Minutes from previous years can be accessed in the University Archives.