The Motyer-Fancy Theatre is where classroom meets stage for Mount Allison’s Drama Studies program.
This is where drama students put into practice what they have learned in their studies and where members of the Mount Allison community who are not studying drama formally come to unleash their creativity.
Guided by two professional staff, students can try their hand at every aspect of their craft — directing; acting; stage managing; set, lighting, and sound design; and more.
The Motyer-Fancy Theatre stages about 10 productions each year. Check out what’s playing next under “current season.”
Submit a show proposal
Current Drama Studies program staff and faculty who wish to submit a show proposal for the upcoming season should follow the selection procedures.
Season selection procedure
- All Drama Studies faculty and staff will have the opportunity to apply for a spot in each Motyer-Fancy Theatre season. (Mount Allison faculty are also welcome to submit a proposal).
- Applications using the Motyer-Fancy Theatre proposals form.
- Application deadline is Jan. 31. All applications should be sent to the director of drama, Dr. Sarah Fanning, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All applications will be adjudicated by the Drama Studies Advisory Group/Theatre Advisory Group at a special meeting following the Jan. 31 deadline.
- The upcoming season will be announced by mid-to-late February.