The Elevate Program is designed to help students be more prepared for the future through workshops, guest speakers, and one-on-one support to help you develop your career interests and skills.
Details about the 2021-2022 Elevate Program will be available in September.
Our top skill development themes for Winter 2021:
- Communicating in the 21st Century
- Virtual Career Readiness
- Personal Branding
Past live events
Elevate Skills: Communicating in the 21st Century
Saturday, January 23, 2021
Hear from experts in the field of communications. Develop competencies in communicating on a variety of platforms, and in a variety of mediums. The lessons in these sessions will help you stand out from the crowd as the workforce continues to shift online. Note: these three sessions will run together, one after the other, with a short break in between. Please commit to the whole 3 hr session.
- 1 p.m. — Social Media Marketing and Brand - How do we communicate effectively, which sticking to a brand but still making it engaging? Being skilled at using social media well is in huge demand.
- 2 p.m. — Videography - Communicating with Video - learn tips and tricks on creating, editing, and messaging to produce quality videos for clients, or for yourself.
- 3 p.m. — Personal Branding & Storytelling - how to stick to your personal brand and messaging to land the next great opportunity. Be confident, clear, and professional.
Personalized career support
Students who enroll in the Elevate Program will receive a one-on-one meeting with a member of the Career Services Team. This includes:
- Intro to the Experiential Learning and Career Development office
- Career goals
- Resume review
- Career Cruising and other self-assessments
- Ambassadors will have a list of people they can refer the student to for more support, if needed