Mount Allison offers research-based Master of Science (MSc) degrees in biology and chemistry.
Specially approved graduate programs are also possible in other disciplines of science.
Applications for graduate studies at Mount Allison are evaluated by the Dean of Graduate Studies.
Steps to apply to the MSc:
Check our admission requirements
Admission requirements for the Master of Science:
- A four-year Bachelor of Science degree with minimum CGPA of 3.0 or the equivalent with research experience in your intended field of study or its equivalent from a University of recognized standing.
- Students with relevant professional experience and international students from institutions with different academic norms will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- As English is the primary language of instruction at Mount Allison, students must meet our English language requirements.
Contact an individual faculty member
Interested candidates must contact individual faculty regarding supervision and support before submitting an application.
Faculty members may or may not be taking on graduate students at the time of application.
Applicants who have not identified a supervisor prior to submitting an application are unlikely to be admitted.
Submit your graduate studies application and supporting documents
- Submit a graduate studies application form
- Send your curriculum vitae and a statement of interest to: email@example.com
If your primary language is not English and you graduated from a university where the language of instruction was not English, you must also provide proof of English proficiency.
The following supporting documents must be sent to Graduate Studies directly from the individual or institution supplying the document.
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary education
- Two letters of reference
- A letter of support from your proposed Mount Allison supervisor including the duration, amount, and source of financial support offered
Supporting documents should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If sending by mail:
Office of the Dean of Graduate Studies
Mount Allison University
65 York St.
Sackville, NB E4L 1E4
Questions? Contact email@example.com.