Application deadline: Feb. 15
Applying to the Fine Arts program requires submitting a separate application package to the Fine Arts department in addition to your application for admission to the University.
In your application, you must declare which degree you intend to pursue:
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Arts with a major in Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Arts with a minor in Fine Arts
Steps to apply to study Fine Arts
Step 1: Apply to Mount Allison
Apply for general admission to Mount Allison. To be considered for scholarships and bursaries, apply by March 1.
Step 2: Submit the Fine Arts Application
Submit the Fine Arts Application form by Feb. 15.
On the Fine Arts Application, you will be asked a series of questions. This is your chance to tell us about yourself and your interest in studying Fine Arts at Mount Allison.
You will be notified of your acceptance within six weeks.
Step 3: Submit your digital portfolio
To submit a digital portfolio of your work, send a link (WeTransfer, Google Drive, or Dropbox) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to read the digital portfolio guidelines before sending your submission.
Digital portfolio guidelines
Depending on the nature of your work, submit one of the following combinations of images and/or videos:
- 15 digital images, for works that lend themselves to still documentation (drawings, paintings, photographs, prints, sculptures, ceramics, graphics, zines, or textiles including weaving, knitting and sewing); as well as up to 10 images of pages from sketchbooks (list as one image on the image sheet)
- 10 digital images and one video (maximum three minutes) for works that require both still and video documentation (theatre, music, performing arts, or animation)
Specifications for image files
Image files must conform to the following specifications:
- PC and MAC compatible files
- .jpg file format
- Maximum 1 MB file size
- Maximum resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels
- Resolution 72–300 dpi
- RGB or grayscale colour mode files only (no CMYK)
File names must be in the following format: 01initials.jpg (image number, applicant’s initials).
Description of visual support materials
The image number of your files must correspond to the number provided in the Description of Visual Support Material form (.doc).
Please include a copy of this form as a PDF. If further descriptive information is necessary, include details on a separate page (one page maximum.)
Every precaution is taken by Mount Allison University to ensure that portfolios are handled carefully. Mount Allison University does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to materials submitted.
Questions? We're here to help! Please let us know if you have any questions about the program or the application process. If you are able to visit us, we would welcome the chance to meet you. Contact us at email@example.com.
Applying in person
If you can come to visit Mount Allison, we would like to meet you. We encourage prospective students, whenever possible, to come meet the head of the department (bring examples of your work if you can.)
Visiting campus gives you the opportunity to:
- ask us about our courses
- visit the Purdy Crawford Centre for the Arts
- talk to current students about their experience in the program
- visit the Owens Art Gallery, Struts Gallery (an artist-run centre) and START Gallery (a student-run gallery)