Mount Allison University has an established network of strong collaborative international partner universities based on a common vision and shared goals.
Students from Mount Allison's partner institutions are eligible to come to Mount Allison as an exchange student for a semester or a full academic year.
List of international partner universities
- BI Norwegian Business School
- Bilkent University
- Bowling Green State University
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- City University Hong Kong
- Dongguk University
- Ewha Womans University
- Ferris University
- Fudan University
- Georgia Southern University
- Karls Eberhard Universität Tübingen
- Killam Fellowship
- Kwansei Gakuin University
- Mid-Sweden University
- Minzu University
- Philips Universitat Marburg
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso
- The Hague Univeristy of Applied Sciences (IB)
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences (ES)
- Universidad de Extremadura
- Universidad de San Fransicso de Quite (USFQ)
- Université Angers
- Université de Strasbourg (IEP) Sciences Po
- University of Bahamas
- University of Kent
- University of Limerick
- University of Newcastle
- University of Otago
- University of Southern Denmark
- University of Stirling
- University of Tasmania
- Waseda University
Nominating exchange students through a bilateral exchange agreement
If you would like to nominate one or more of your students to study at Mount Allison University through a bilateral exchange agreement, please submit the nomination for exchange or study abroad form.
Please note that nomination deadlines are as follows:
- For the fall term (September-December) or the full academic year (September-April), the nomination deadline is April 15
- For the winter term (January-April) the nomination deadline is September 15
For information for your students, including our fact sheet, go to our Visiting Exchange Student information site.
Interested in becoming a partner university with Mount Allison?
In most cases, our International Centre is responsible for the establishment, management and development of strategic international partnerships that include exchange agreements.
If you are interested in establishing a collaborative international partnership with Mount Allison University, contact our International Centre staff at email@example.com.
University-wide exchange agreements information
Mount Allison generally signs university-wide exchange agreements with international partner universities. University-wide exchange agreements are meant to be reciprocal in nature and meant to be seen as umbrella agreements for most undergraduate student programs at both universities. We understand there are some exceptions at partner universities and that there are restricted programs for exchange students.
Here are some criteria we look for in new partner universities hoping to establish a university-wide exchange agreement:
- Internationally recognized and accredited institutions at the University level with academic programs which align well with Mount Allison University’s academic programs
- Courses at the upper undergraduate (3rd and 4th year) level which are taught in English
- Partners who are located in a region covered by a Global Affairs Canadian without Level 3 travel warning
- Partner institutions with a reciprocal interest in exchange such that it may be reasonable to assume that equal numbers of students will be able to be exchanged in each direction
- Partner universities must be able to offer an official transcript of the students' academic performance in perpetuity (i.e. students should be able to obtain a transcript of their exchange courses several years after their time at the host University is completed)
Please note, all university-wide exchange agreements will be vetted and approved by the International Programs Committee (a senate sub-committee) and then must be approved by University Senate for approval. Both an Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and a Student Exchange Agreement (SEA) will be required to be signed by both parties before becoming official partners.
Other international partners agreements
If you are interested in collaborating in other ways with Mount Allison University such as setting up:
- Double degree programs
- Pathway programs such as 1+3 or 2+2 degree programs
- Customized Group Study Programs
- Short-term English language programs
- Research or internship programs for undergraduate students
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.