- You must not have an outstanding balance owing on your Mount Allison account.
- You must be in good academic standing.
- You must not exceed the total allowable course load, including both LOP courses and Mount Allison courses.
- You must not exceed the limit on transfer credits listed in the academic calendar.
- There is a $50 fee for processing a letter of permission application. Payment needs to be received by the registrar’s office prior to processing. This payment can be made by cash, debit, cheque, money order or VISA/Mastercard payment. Cash/debit payments can be made in the registrar’s office, cheques can be forwarded to the registrar’s office at 62 York St., Sackville, NB, E4L 1E2. Note: The processing fee for LOP applications is waived for Maple League Host Institutions (Acadia, Bishop's, St. Fx).
- If you wish to apply for a letter of permission for more than one university, a separate form and fee are required for each institution. You cannot place courses from different institutions on the same application.
- Letters of Permission are only issued on a retroactive basis if the application is made before the end of the academic term following completion of the course. Exceptions must be approved by an academic dean. A late application fee of $25 will be charged.
- A printed calendar syllabus or web-based source (URL) which describes the course and its content must accompany your application. Printed course descriptions can be mailed, delivered, or faxed to the registrar’s office.
- Please allow at least five to 10 working days (from date of payment receipt) to process your complete application.
- If you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (506) 364-2269.
Before you begin to fill in this form, make sure you have:
- student ID number
- course title, course number, and a link to a course description for each course you would like assessed for credit transfer