The leave of absence application form is for international students.
A leave of absence is as an approved temporary absence from studies, normally for one regular academic term. Leave requests will only be considered for international students for immigration purposes. For more information, please visit the International Centre website.
- International students considering a leave of absence must consult with the International Student Advisor (email@example.com) to discuss the immigration implications of their leave request in advance of submitting the application form.
- If your leave request is approved, you will be reported to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) as being on an authorized leave from study.
- Leaves can only be requested for one academic term at a time, up to a maximum of two approved leaves within one academic year (May 1 to April 30).
- Applications for a leave in the fall term (September to December) or winter term (January to April) must be submitted by the deadline for registration changes in that term, normally the second Friday of the term.
- Formal approval is not typically required for students who choose not to study during the spring/summer term (May 1 to Aug. 30).
Before you begin to fill in this form, make sure you have:
- student ID number
- study permit expiry date