Physics student Teaching Assistant job application
Register for all your required classes on Connect before applying for these jobs.
All jobs are tentative depending on enrolment, funding etc. and specific to a time-slot.
Fall Physics TA job Applications:
Application Deadline is August 15th, 2022
List of TA jobs anticipated for the 2022 Fall Term
Physics 1031 Astronomy: Stars, Galaxies, Universe
- Weekly Assignment Marker (Job Code A1*) not required
- Lab TA with Marking
Tuesday 2:30-5:30pm (Job Code A2+3)
Wednesday 2:30-4pm (Job Code A4*)
Physics 1051: Intro Physics
- Markers for online weekly assignments are not needed this fall. (GPA 3.5+ Experience) (Job Code B1*-not required)
- In-person Lab TAs
Tuesday 2:30-5:30pm (Job Code B2+3)
(Code B2 is 2:30-4pm)
Wednesday 2:30-4pm (Job Code B4)
Wednesday 4-5:30pm (Job Code B5*)
Thursday 2:30-5:30pm (Job Code B6+7)
Friday 2:30-4pm (Job Code B8)
Friday 4-5:30pm (Job Code B9*)**Enrolment Dependant
- Overflow Marker/Float TBA (Job Code B10*)
- Setup TA* (TBA Mon-Wed ) (Job Code B11*)
- Online 1051 Physics Help Center TA 7pm-8:30pm Wed +Sun (Job Code B12+13*)
Physics 2251 Waves
- TA Thursday 2:30-5:30pm (Job code C1) ***not required
Physics 2801 Data Acquisition and Analysis
- TA Monday 2:30-5pm (Job code D1*) hired
Physics 3361 Digital
- TA Friday 2:30-5:30pm (Job code E1+2*)
Physics 3581 Medical Physics
- TA/Marker Casual M W or F 8:30am-9:30am (Job code F1*) hired
Physics 3701 Thermodynamics
- TA Tuesday 2:30-5:30pm (Job code G1*) ***not required
- Hours for a Physics TA vary from 30 to 50 per term and normally include some marking. If 30 hours or less are expected a * indicates a smaller work load. Experienced TAs may request to combine smaller jobs, for example, Setup and Float marking could be combined.
- Marking must be done in a timely manner and in particular undergraduate TAs must complete marking before the exam period.
- Marking Only and Help Centre jobs are more independent so a higher a GPA and experience is normally required.
- Job offers are schedule specific so e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you discover a conflict after you have applied or if you have questions.
Before you begin to fill in this form, make sure you have:
- student ID number
- a list of physics courses completed with a grade of B- or above
- your completed timetable for the term you are applying to TA
- previous TA experience or other relevant experience
- cumulative GPA