Declaration of major/minor form

Use this form to declare, add, or change your major or minor.

If you are applying to transfer from your current degree program to a new degree program, please complete the change of degree program form and indicate your declaration of major/minor on that form.

Please note

  • BA and BSc students must formally declare a major area of study and a minor by the end of their second year (or upon completion of 54 credits)
  • BA and BSc students opting to do a double major or a triple minor must declare their intention by the end of their second year
  • Direct approval of the academic dean is required for specially approved majors/minors — please complete the dean's permission request form
  • BComm students must formally declare either a general BComm with a minor or a major area of study by the end of their second year

Before you begin to fill in this form, make sure you have:

  • student ID number
  • your majors/minors

* Indicates required field

Current degree program (as listed in Connect):

Which academic calendar are you following to complete your degree requirements?

20 to
Unless otherwise requested, it is assumed students are following the calendar under which they entered or were re-admitted to Mount Allison.

Declare your major and minor programs below as you would like them to be officially recorded

Please ensure that your major is chosen from the list of majors for your degree program, as listed in section 11 of the academic calendar.