1 — PURPOSE
The purpose of this policy is to manage the risks for students and trip leaders on University-approved international travel.
2 — APPLICATION
This policy applies to:
- a) students participating in exchange or study abroad programs;
- b) students participating in University-approved international travel; and
- c) employees and volunteers traveling internationally as trip leaders or coordinators.
3 — POLICY
All persons covered by this policy must complete the CURIE modules on Traveler's Risks, Security Solutions and Institutional/Personal Liability before traveling internationally.
All students covered by this policy must also take the following four steps before traveling internationally:
- a) contact the International Affairs Coordinator in the International Centre to register for the CURIE modules;
- b) complete the International Travel Form and deliver it to the International Centre;
- c) read the International Travel check list; and
- d) sign the International Travel Waiver and deliver it to the International Centre.
4 — RECORDS
The International Centre will maintain a list or students who are covered by this policy and all completed forms and waivers. All information will be maintained in confidence.
5 — FORMS AND INFORMATION
Forms and information can be found on the Financial Services website (Faculty & Staff Gateway).