The annual President's Speakers Series brings noted speakers from across Canada and around the globe to campus to address issues of current interest or importance.
2021-22 — Moving Forward, Together
Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2021
Mi’kmaw Ceremonial Elder
Wu Centre, Sir James Dunn Building
Masks required for audience members.
A cultural counselor, Sundance Chief, and Traditional Ceremonial Elder, role model, mentor, and knowledge keeper, Elder Nevin has been instrumental in bringing back the sacred Sundance ceremony to the Mi’kmaq people. He is currently the Sundance Chief of the eastern tribes of Canada and works as a counsellor with the Lone Eagle Treatment Centre at Elsipogtog First Nation.
President's Speaker Series Committee members
- Dr. Jennifer Tomes, chair (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Emily Austen, Department of Biology
- Hannah Crouse, student representative
- Dr. James Devine, Department of Politics and International Relations
- Laura Dillman, Marketing and Communications
- Dr. Drew Inkpen, Department of Philosophy
- Barb MacIntosh, Financial Services
- Rohin Minocha-McKenney, MASU VP, Academic Affairs