1 — POLICY
Some benefits of employment at Mount Allison University make provision for, or in respect of, spouses of employees. For the purpose of eligibility for those benefits, subject to any contract the University has with an insurance or other company, and subject to the terms of any pension plan or other plan or policy already in place, two persons, not being married to each other, will be treated as spouses if they meet the following conditions:
1. They are cohabiting in a conjugal relationship in which they have mutually agreed to support each other, and
- a. have so cohabited continuously for a period of not less than one year, or
- b. have custody of a child of whom they are the natural parents, or the parents as a result of a legal adoption.
2. The employee is not married.
3. The employee satisfies the Director of Human Resources in writing that the foregoing conditions are met.