Pierre Lassonde School of Fine Arts officially opens
The Pierre Lassonde School of Fine Arts was officially celebrated this fall. Housed in the Purdy Crawford Centre for the Arts, the School builds on and enriches student artist opportunities in Canada’s first Bachelor of Fine Arts program, which marked its 80th anniversary this year.
The new naming was made in recognition and appreciation of the Lassonde family who donated $5 million in support of arts education and artistic practice at Mount Allison. This includes the funding of several new scholarships, performance awards, student internships as well as an Artist-in-Residence program.
Photo caption: from left to right
- Nasya Owens (Gibbens Lassonde First-Year Performance Award);
- Laika Pollock (Gibbens Lassonde Performance Award: Art History and Museum and Curatorial Studies Award);
- Annabel Carnero (Claudette MacKay Lassonde Scholarship); Evelynne Marchand (Gibbens Lassonde Entrance Scholarship);
- Pierre Lassonde;
- Nora Livesey (Gibbens Lassonde Third-Year Performance Award);
- Jasmine Vautour (Gibbens Lassonde Third-Year Performance Award);
- Elizabeth Farrell (Gibbens Lassonde Second-Year Performance Award).
- Missing from the photo are the Lassonde Summer Interns: Daisy Graham (Research Intern) and Sophia Patrell (Owens Leadership Intern)