Tuition and fees for the 2020-21 academic year
» Fall payment calculation template (pdf)
Students can view their account statement using Connect. Please print the information from Connect if an invoice is required. Account statements for Fall term are available beginning in late August and Winter term account statements are updated in late December. Previously paid registration and housing deposits are included on the Winter term statement. Payment due dates are listed under Financial deadlines here.
The fees below are for a full academic year, and are mandatory, except where indicated otherwise.
Students enrolled in 9 or more credits in the Fall or Winter terms pay full-time tuition for that term. Students enrolled in 3 or 6 credits during the Fall or Winter terms pay tuition per course. During the Spring/Summer term all students pay tuition per course.
Tuition Full-time Canadian (Fall and Winter)
- Full-time students $9,165
- Full-time NB Resident with a start date before September 2019 (includes full year discount) $8,250
- Full-time NB Resident with a start date of September 2019 (includes full year discount) $8,755
- Full-time (Aviation see below)
Tuition Per 3-credit Course Canadian (Fall, Winter, Spring/Summer)
- Incoming first-year students (21/SS term only) $616.50
- NB Resident with a start date before September 2019 $825
- NB Resident with a start date of September 2019 $875.50
Tuition Full-time International (Fall and Winter)
- Full-time students $18,490
- Full-time students (Aviation see below)
Tuition Per 3-credit Course International (Fall, Winter, Spring/Summer)
- Incoming first year students (21/SS term only) $1,549
- see note below
- Single private ensuite $8,014
- Single shared ensuite $7,249
- Single $6,375
Other residence fees
- Residence services $638
- Unlimited Access Meal plan for residence students (includes $100 Mountie Money) $4,731
- 10/Week meal plan (limited to senior students Anchorage, Bermuda & Carriage houses only and includes $100 Mountie Money) $3,012
- House executive residence dues $65
Student organization fees
- Full-time MASU (student union) membership, and extended health & dental coverage $630.50
- Part-time MASU (student union) membership $124
- International student basic medical coverage $745
- Library contribution $15
- Argosy (student newspaper) $33
- CHMA (student radio) $40
- Orientation program for full-time new students $70
- Mail service fee* $25
- McConnell Fitness Centre fee* $150
- Technology & Service fee $200
*If students are not taking any on-campus courses during the term the Mail Service and Fitness Facility Fee will be waived.
New Brunswick students who are a resident of New Brunswick and had a start date of Sept 2019 or earlier and will be full time or part time at Mount Allison will receive a rebate. This will be applied to their student account as a NB discount in the fall and winter term. Note: the amount above is net of the rebate.
Aviation students: The first year of study, tuition fee is the Mount Allison full-time undergraduate tuition. Second, third and fourth years of study, tuition fee is a blend of Mount Allison tuition and Moncton Flight College tuition:
- Canadian Students: $28,196 (MtA tuition $6,416 plus MFC Tuition $21,780)
- International Students: $34,723 (MtA tuition $12,943 plus MFC Tuition $21,780)
- NB Resident with a start date before Sept 2019: $27,555.00 (MTA tuition $5,775.00 and MFC $21,780.00)
- NB Resident with a start date of Sept 2019: $27,909.00 (MTA tuition $6,129.00 and MFC $21,780.00)
All ground school and flight training is included, as are Mount Allison courses taken in these years. Tuition fees do not include residence accommodation or travel between campuses. Note that tuition amounts are reviewed annually and are subject to change.
Master of Science: Tuition for new incoming students effective September 2019:
- First six terms - $1,670 per term
- Remainder terms - $670 per term
The Residence Services fee is mandatory for all students living in residence and covers local phone, cable TV, Internet connection, a mini fridge and access to the laundry room.
Mountie Money is included with your meal plan. A $100 amount will be loaded onto your student card as part of your full year meal plan charge and can be used to purchase food and other services on campus.
House Executive Residence Dues are mandatory for all students living in residence. The House Executive Residence Dues are collected by the University on behalf of the residence hall student executive teams. Dues are used for student-led programming in residence over the course of the academic year. Only students who live in residence are subject to residence dues.
MASU, membership and extended health and dental coverage, includes the full time Student Union fee and extended health and dental plan. This plan is administered and managed by the Mount Allison Students’ Union (MASU). Full-time students can opt out of this plan if they can provide proof of equivalent coverage and receive a refund of the fee paid from the MASU office. The plan can be purchased by part-time students upon request. If you would like more information please go to the MASU website at www.masu.ca or email email@example.com.
International students will be charged for an international student basic medical plan. This plan is administered and managed by the Mount Allison Students’ Union (MASU). Students may opt out of this plan if they can provide proof of equivalent coverage and receive a refund of the fee paid from the MASU office. If you would like more information please go to the MASU website at www.masu.ca or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
New student orientation is a multi-day collaboration between the Mount Allison Students' Union and the University's Student Life Office. It is designed to be a fun, informative, and inclusive introduction to university life at Mount Allison. All new students are encouraged to attend. Register at www.mta.ca/orientation. The fee covers the cost of all Orientation events, entertainment, and programming. It also includes a well-stocked welcome pack which is made available to new students on Move-in Day. Full-time students are charged automatically. Part-time students can opt-in by contacting the Students' Union at email@example.com or (506) 364-2231.