All members of the University community are expected to conduct themselves in an ethical manner, demonstrating a commitment to academic integrity, honesty, fairness, respect, and responsibility.
Academic misconduct, which includes any act or behaviour, intentional or not, that contravenes the ethical standards and values of honesty in academic work, will not be tolerated.
Mount Allison’s policy on academic integrity outlines the University’s approach to academic integrity and provides guidelines for appropriate academic conduct.
- Take the Academic Integrity Quiz (Moodle)
Further information on the policy and related materials:
- Academic integrity policy
- Examples of academic misconduct (section 3 of policy and Appendix C)
- Reporting academic misconduct (section 3.2 of policy and Appendix A)
- Report of Academic Misconduct form (fillable PDF form)
- Step-by-step outline of academic misconduct procedures (Appendix D)
- Notification of academic misconduct (section 7.2)
- Process for determining whether an offence has occurred (Appendix A, section 7.3)
- Student rights throughout the process (Appendix B)
- Penalties and sanctions for academic misconduct (section 4)
- Records kept after an allegation of academic misconduct (section 5)
- Appealing an allegation of academic misconduct (policy section 6 and Appendix A section 8)
Mount Allison has a number of resources in place to help you understand what plagiarism is and to assist you in avoiding dishonesty in your academic work.
Academic support services