New for 2018: Information around cannabis legalization and related resources and regulations at Mount Allison University — www.mta.ca/codeofconduct/cannabis
For information about cannabis harms reduction visit: www.mta.ca/studentwellness/cannabis
Student Code of Conduct
Mount Allison is a close-knit community of learners where respectful living and inquiry are valued and upheld. The University uses policies to set forth its expectations for acceptable student conduct in both academic and non-academic matters.
- Academic Integrity Policy (2016) sets the University's standard for student conduct in academic matters
- Student Code of Conduct (2016) sets the University's standard for student conduct in non-academic matters
Other policies that speak specifically to student conduct in other areas that overlap with the Student Code of Conduct:
- Residence Life Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Sexual Violence Prevention & Response Policy
- Liquor Policy
- Racism and Racial Harassment Prevention and Response Policy
Where standards are not met – and the rights, safety, and dignity of students are infringed upon – University policies are employed to provide a framework for review, sanction, and resolution. As an institution of higher learning, Mount Allison desires for educative outcomes that promote personal accountability and restoration of/within the community. Where this is not possible or appropriate, more directed and sometimes punitive measures are applied.
In all things, administration of these policies seeks to be clear, fair, and timely. To this end, the information on this page is designed to help students understand and navigate the various policies that apply to their conduct in and out of the classroom.