Find a work experience that fits your degree and career interests
***Currently accepting applications for Summer 2021 placements***
What is Future NB?
Thanks to the dedicated work by representatives from each of New Brunswick’s four universities, a collaborative program called Future NB is helping support experiential education for all university students in New Brunswick.
Thanks to Future NB funding, you can design your own full-time summer or part-time academic year internship getting a professional experience in your field of interest!
What kinds of work experiences are eligible for funding?
To qualify for Future NB funding, your work experience must:
- Enhance your educational experience
- Be offered off campus
- Be located in New Brunswick
- Be with a host organization that is either a non-profit or a small-to-medium-sized business
Am I eligible for Future NB funding?
- You must be registered as full-time student, or have exceptional circumstances
- For summer funding, you must be returning to Mount Allison as a full-time student in the Fall
What does the funding cover?
- Part or all of your wages
- *Note that Design-Your-Own Internships through Future NB are paid as a grant.
- Summer: funding for a 15-week internship
- The maximum grant available for summer internships is $7,400
- If you are working with a small-to-medium sized business, we ask that your employer contribute 50% of your grant (=$3,700). If you are working with a non-profit, we can still fund up to 100% of your grant
- Fall or Winter: funding for a 12-week internship
- The maximum grant available for part-time academic-year internships is $1,700
- If you are working with a small-to-medium sized business, we ask that your employer contribute 50% of your grant. If you are working with a non-profit, we can fund up to 100% of your grant
Ready to apply?
The Summer 2021 application is available HERE. Deadline January 31, 2021.
If you have any questions, contact the Office of Experiential Learning and Career Development at email@example.com
How will my application be evaluated? Based on the following criteria:
- Your description of meaningful work
- How well your meaningful learning experience connects classroom learning to life
- How well your experience encourages the development of core competencies articulated and supported by ELCD (e.g., communication, digital literacy, etc.)
- How well your employer demonstrates a commitment to student success by providing coaching and mentoring
- Whether your employer contributes to intern wages (at least 50% for businesses)
- Whether your employer provides opportunities for equity-seeking groups
- Provide opportunities in areas of study that are not usually supported (e.g., arts and social sciences)
- Whether this experience provides a gateway to postgraduate employment
- Is this a new project?
- Does this provide us with a new partnership?