To work in Canada after you graduate, you may apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP).

The PGWPP allows students who have graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution (including Mount Allison) to gain valuable Canadian work experience. Skilled Canadian work experience gained through the PGWPP helps graduates qualify for permanent residence in Canada through the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

A work permit under the PGWPP may be issued for the length of the study program, up to a maximum of three years. For example, if you graduate from a four-year degree program at Mount Allison, you could be eligible for a three-year work permit if you meet the criteria.  

For full details on the post-graduation work permit, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website: