Subject: categories: [3WFTop] Third Workshop on Formal Topology. First Announcement.

From: Peter Schuster <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:05:16 +0200 (CEST)

3WFTop First Announcement:

THIRD WORKSHOP ON FORMAL TOPOLOGY

Accademia Galileiana, Padua (Italy)

9-12 May 2007 workshop
7-8 May 2007 tutorials

This is the third of a series of successful meetings on the
development of Formal Topology and its connections with
related approaches. The first two have been held in Padua,
1997, and Venice, 2002.

For more information on 3WFTop see
http://www.3wftop.math.unipd.it/

What is formal topology
When topology is developed in a strictly constructive way,
for instance over Martin-Loef's type theory, points cannot be
given primitively and the pointfree approach is fundamental.
This is the reason why it is called formal. Formal topology
has now become an important tool in constructive mathematics.
More on formal topology:
http://www.3wftop.math.unipd.it/formal-topology.html

Invited speakers
Invited speakers include Andre' Joyal, Per Martin-Loef and
many other prominent scholars:
http://www.3wftop.math.unipd.it/invited-speakers.html

Tutorials
Before the workshop, two days of extensive and coordinated
tutorials are planned, given by Bernhard Banaschewski and
other pioneers: http://www.3wftop.math.unipd.it/tutorials.html

Contacts
If you wish to be kept updated with information about 3WFTop,
please send an e-mail to:  [email-masked]  with
KEEP ME UPDATED in the subject.

the Scientific Committee
Thierry Coquand  Giovanni Sambin  Peter Schuster