Subject: categories: PSSL84, first announcement

From: J=FCrgen Koslowski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:32:06 +0200 (CEST)

PERIPATETIC SEMINAR ON SHEAVES AND LOGIC

        84th meeting - first announcement

Dear Colleagues,

The 84th meeting of the seminar will be held at the Department of
Theoretical Computer Science of the Technical University Braunschweig,
Germany, over the weekend of October 14-15, 2006.  As always, he
seminar welcomes talks using or addressing category theory or logic,
either explicitly or implicitly, in the study of any aspect of
mathematics or science.

Following the positive experience at PSSL83 in Glasgow earlier this
year, Samson Abramsky and Bob Coecke have agreed to jointly give a
three talk overview of recent developments in the categorical approach
to quantum informatics.  We hope that professor Reinhard Werner,
mathematical physicist at the TU Braunschweig with special interest in
quantum informatics, can be present as well.

Braunschweig is located about 60 km East of Hannover and about 200 km
West of Berlin.  It can easily be reached by car or train.  The
closest airport is in Hannover; the airport bus to the Hannover train
station takes about 20 minutes, and the train from there to
Braunschweig takes about 40 minutes or less.

Further information on the location of the seminar, along with details
on local travel and accommodation together with an online registration
form can be found at

	http://www.iti.cs.tu-bs.de/TI-INFO/koslowj/PSSL84.html

Best regards,

Jiri Adamek
J=FCrgen Koslowski
Stefan Milius

--=20
Juergen Koslowski               If I don't see you no more on this world
ITI, TU Braunschweig               I'll meet you on the next one
[email-masked]               and don't be late!
http://www.iti.cs.tu-bs.de/~koslowj      Jimi Hendrix (Voodoo Child, SR)