Subject: categories: MFPS 23 Preliminary Announcement

From: Michael Mislove <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 03:58:43 -0500

MFPS 23 Preliminary Announcement

The 23rd Conference on the Mathematical Foundations of Programming
Semantics (MFPS 23) will take place in New Orleans, LA USA from April
11 to April 14, 2007. The Conference will be held on the campus of
Tulane University, as has been the case with previous MFPS meetings
in New Orleans. This is a preliminary announcement to provide
important dates for submissions to the conference.

MFPS 23 will feature six invited addresses by programming semantics,
its mathematical and logical underpinnings, and in related areas.
There also will be a number of special sessions, and a Tutorial Day
on April 10 will precede the meeting. Among the special sessions will
be one honoring Gordon Plotkin on his many contributions to the area.
This session will be organized by Samson Abramsky (Oxford).

The MFPS 23 Program Committee will be chaired by Marcelo Fiore
(Cambridge). The important dates are:
   Friday, December 15 - Deadline for submission of titles and short
abstracts of intended submissions
   Friday, December 22 - Deadline for submission of full papers
   Friday, February 9 - Announcement of accepted papers
   Friday, March 2 - Deadline for submission of accepted papers in
final form
As was done this year, the Proceedings of the meeting will be
published in final form at the time of the meeting, in hard copy and
online in the ENTCS series. In addition, there will be a special
journal issue composed of selected papers from the meeting, compiled
after the meeting takes place.

A full Call for Papers will be forthcoming around September 15,
including the list of PC members, the names of the invited speakers,
the full list of special sessions and their organizers, and specifics
about the Tutorial Day activities. More information about the MFPS
series can be found at its web site http://www.math.tulane/edu/~mfps/
mfps.html

===============================================
Professor Michael Mislove        Phone: +1 504 862-3441
Department of Mathematics      FAX:     +1 504 865-5063
Tulane University       URL: http://www.math.tulane.edu/~mwm
New Orleans, LA 70118 USA
===============================================