Subject: categories: Algebraic Theory of Automata and Logic Workshop CALL FOR PAPERS

From: Computer Science Logic '06 Conference <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:15:36 +0200

**********************************************************************
*                Algebraic Theory of Automata and Logic              *
*                Satellite workshop of the conference CSL 06         *
*             September 30 -- October 1, 2006, Szeged, Hungary       *
*                Supported by the AUTOMATHA project of ESF           *
*                http://www.inf.u-szeged.hu/~csl06/ws.php            *
*                         CALL FOR PAPERS                            *
**********************************************************************

Organizers: Z. Ésik, H. Straubing, P. Weil, Th. Wilke

The aim of the workshop is to provide a forum for researchers interested
in the structure theory of automata and/or the application of the
algebraic approach to logic to present their results and to combine
their efforts in the further development of the structure theory of
finite automata, tree automata and related structures in connection with
formal logic.

The scientific program will consist of invited lectures and contributed
talks. It is also intend to leave some room for discussions (open
problem session, etc.). It is expected that some Ph. D. students will
also attend the meeting.

Abstracts of contributed talks must be sent by e-mail to Prof. Zoltan
Esik, [email-masked] The abstract should be of no more than two 
pages. The submission deadline is 20 July, 2006. Notifications of
acceptance will be sent by 30 July, 2006. We will announce the titles of
the talks.

A limited number of participants from ESF member countries will receive
free registration. Applications for free registration  must be sent by
e-mail to Prof. Zoltan Esik, [email-masked] by 30 July, 2006. For
details regarding applications refer to the URL given above.

If after the meeting there will be interest in publishing either a
proceedings or a special journal issue, then the organizers will take
responsibility of finding a suitable forum and will act as editors.