Subject: categories: Symposium for Gordon Plotkin: Call for Participation

From: Alex Simpson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 14:23:06 +0100

SYMPOSIUM FOR GORDON PLOTKIN

                         7-8 September, 2006
          LFCS, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

     A symposium to celebrate the 60th birthday of Gordon Plotkin

          http://www.lfcs.ed.ac.uk/events/plotkin-symposium/

                       CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

PROGRAMME: Two days of invited talks on 7th and 8th September, with a
banquet on the evening of Thursday 7th September.

INVITED SPEAKERS: Martin Abadi (UC Santa Cruz); Samson Abramsky
(University of Oxford); Rod Burstall (University of Edinburgh,
Emeritus); Luca Cardelli (Microsoft Research, Cambridge); Marcelo Fiore
(University of Cambridge); Philippa Gardner (Imperial College);
Matthew Hennessy (University of Sussex); Robin Milner (Univerity of
Cambridge, Emeritus); Eugenio Moggi (Universita` di Genova);
John Power (University of Edinburgh); David Pym (Hewlett-Packard
Laboratories, Bristol); Dana Scott (Carnegie Mellon University,
Emeritus); Colin Stirling (University of Edinburgh); Glynn Winskel
(University of Cambridge).

SUPPORT FOR PHD STUDENTS: Financial assistance is available for
UK-based PhD students who wish to attend the symposium. This will
be issued on a first-come first-served basis.

REGISTRATION: is now open. For more information see webpage.