Subject: categories: Milano 2006 - WORKSHOP in CATEGORICAL ALGEBRA

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 16:13:17 +0200

#####################################################
#                                                   #
#      INTERNAL ACTIONS and INTERNAL STRUCTURES     #
#                                                   #
#          WORKSHOP in CATEGORICAL ALGEBRA          #
#                                                   #
#     26th-27th-28th october 2006, Milano, Italy    #
#                                                   #
#####################################################

The purpose of the workshop is to consider the notion of internal action in
different categorical contexts and to relate it with internal structures
defined thereby.

In particular, the well established context of semiabelian categories provides a
natural setting for studying  the interplay between categorical and algebraic
aspects of actions, with respect to internal structures that may be defined.
Nevertheless, more general  settings are worth to be considered ( lex pointed
categories with sums, protomodular categories...)

Keywords of the meeting are: the representability of actions, sufficient
conditions for their existence,  universal actions, categorical semi-direct
product and constructions, internal groupoids and internal crossed modules,
internal commutator theory, cohomological implications.

The workshop is intended to reflect its etymology, in order to give the
participants a fruitful opportunity of debate and exchange experiences about
the subject.
That is the reason why after every lecture there will be time for informal
discussions.

The backbone of the meeting are the lectures of the invited speakers: Dominique
Bourn (Université du Littoral), Marino Gran (Université du Littoral) and Enrico
Vitale (Université Catholique LLN).  Lectures are scheduled on Thursday 26th
and Friday 27th (morning and afternoon), and on Saturday 28th (only morning).

Attendance is open to everyone and other contributions on related topics will be
considered with pleasure.

The workshop will take place at the Math Department of Università degli Studi,
Milan, Italy.
Detailed program, logistic and further information will follow.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Organizing committee: Stefano Kasangian, Sandra Mantovani, Giuseppe Metere.

For info, please contact the organizing committee to

[email-masked]

webpage: http://users.mat.unimi.it/users/mantovani/workshopMi06.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------