Subject: categories: Position preannoucement in Paris 7 (in ** mathematics **)

From: Curien Pierre-Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 21:32:14 +0200

POSITION PRE-ANNOUNCEMENT

A  position of Maitre de Conferences (permanent position)  in
mathematics is likely to be opened next year at Paris 7 University.
The hired candidate will work in the laboratory   PPS (Preuves,
Programmes et Systemes), which spreads its interests on both sides of
the correspondence between proofs and programs, covering work on
language design and implementation, rewriting, semantics (and game
semantics in particular), categories, linear logic, realizability,
probabilistic  and topological methods, etc...  See www.pps.jussieu.fr.

The position will be opened around February 2007, with decisions taken
around May 2007, and job starting in September 2007.

But there is a preliminary phase called  ** qualification **, through
which all candidates to academic positions in France have to go.
This procedure consists of an evaluation of both research and teaching
experience of candidates in view of their potential application to a
position in a French university. The first phase of this (rather light)
procedure is opened on September 11, 2006, and

*** closes on October 16, 2006 ***

and is entirely electronical
(http://www.education.gouv.fr/personnel/enseignant_superieur/
enseignant_chercheur/calendrier_qualification.htm).  The section of
qualification should be preferably number 25 (mathe'matiques), but
candidates interested in multiple applications in France, including in
CS departments, may also apply for qualification in section 27
(informatique) simultaneously.

This approaching first deadline is the main reason for the present
early announcement.

A certain fluency in French is required for the position. The teaching
will be in the mathematics department, so some experience in teaching
mathematics (rather than computer science) is welcome  Teaching is in
French.

I invite potential candidates to contact me, and I also encourage
colleagues to point me to interesting potential candidates fitting the
criteria.

Best regards,

Pierre=Louis Curien

[email-masked]