Subject: categories: CATS call for papers

From: Barry Jay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:44:23 +1000

The CATS call for papers is at www-staff.it.uts.edu.au/~cbj/cats07
Papers on applicaitons of categories in computing are most welcome.

Regards,
Barry

 Computing: The Australasian Theory Symposium

/Computing: The Australasian Theory Symposium/ (CATS) in 2007 will be
held in Ballarat in 2007. CATS is the premier theoretical computer
science conference in Australasia. It is held annually as part of
/Australasian Computer Science Week/ <http://www.ballarat.edu.au/acsw>
(ACSW) which comprises many other conferences and is overseen by the
Computer Research and Education Association (CORE - previously CSA).

CATS 2007 will be the thirteenth time that CATS has been held. The
symposium will consist of invited talks and formal paper presentations.
All papers will be fully refereed with proceedings published by CRPIT
<http://crpit.com/>.

   Our invited speaker is

   Professor Jens Palsberg <http://www.cs.ucla.edu/%7Epalsberg/>

   UCLA

   Call for papers

Papers are invited on all aspects of Theoretical Computer Science. Some
representative, but not exclusive, topics include the following:

   * logic and type systems
   * semantics of programming languages
   * formal program specification and transformation
   * concurrent, parallel and distributed systems
   * algorithms and data structures
   * automata theory and formal languages
   * computational complexity
   * applications of discrete mathematics and optimisation

Full papers for CATS 2007 should be submitted electronically
<http://cats07.it.uts.edu.au/> no later than Friday August 11 2006.
Submissions must be original work, not published or submitted elsewhere.
All submissions will be refereed. Accepted papers will appear in the
published proceedings.

   Important Dates

   * Submission of abstracts Thursday July 27 2006
   * Submission of full papers Friday August 11 2006
   * Notification of authors Tuesday September 26 2006
   * Final version due Friday October 20 2006
   * Author registration Friday October 20 2006

   Program Chairs

Barry Jay <http://www-staff.it.uts.edu.au/%7Ecbj/>
University of Technology, Sydney <http://www.it.uts.edu.au>
Email: [email-masked]| <mailto:[email-masked]>     Joachim
Gudmundsson
<http://nicta.com.au/director/research/programs/imagen/people/joachim_gudmundsson.cfm>

National ICT Australia <http://nicta.com.au>
Email: [email-masked]|
<mailto:[email-masked]>

-- 
Associate Professor C.Barry Jay,      Phone: (61 2) 9514 1814
Faculty of IT                    www-staff.it.uts.edu.au/~cbj
University of Technology, Sydney.      CRICOS Provider 00099F

   CATS07 homepage: www-staff.it.uts.edu.au/~cbj/cats07

-- 
 Associate Professor C.Barry Jay,      Phone: (61 2) 9514 1814
 Faculty of IT                    www-staff.it.uts.edu.au/~cbj
 University of Technology, Sydney.      CRICOS Provider 00099F

    CATS07 homepage: www-staff.it.uts.edu.au/~cbj/cats07