Subject: categories: MPC/AMAST 2006 Call for Participation

From: Tarmo Uustalu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:20:16 +0300

NEWS: 

- Registration is now open.

- Early registration is until 15 May 2006.
  Accommodation in the conference hotels is only guaranteed until this 
  date.

                    CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

               8th International Conference on 
             Mathematics of Program Construction
                           MPC '06

              11th International Conference on 
        Algebraic Methodology and Software Technology
                          AMAST '06

             Kuressaare, Estonia,  2-8 July 2006

                http://cs.ioc.ee/mpc-amast06/

Following on from the successful joint conference AMAST/MPC 2004 at
Stirling, UK, 2004, the two biennial conferences on mathematical
methods in software technology are colocating also in 2006.

The joint event will take place in Kuressaare, Estonia, in early
July. A perfect place and time to enjoy the Nordic white nights - at
58° N in the midsummer season.

MPC will be held 3-5 July, followed by AMAST 5-8 July. 

Two satellite workshops of MPC, the 5th International Workshop on
Contructive Methods for Parallel Programming, CMPP 2006, and Workshop
on Mathematically Structured Functional Programming, MSFP 2006 
will take place 2 July.

Important dates 

Early registration:  15 May 2006
Late registration:   5 June 2006

MPC invited speakers

Robin Cockett, University of Calgary
Olivier Danvy, Aarhus Universitet
Oege de Moor, University of Oxford

AMAST invited speakers

Ralph-Johan Back, Åbo Akademi University
Lawrence S. Moss, Indiana University
Till Mossakowski, Universität Bremen

MPC and AMAST accepted paper lists appear on the conference website.

PC lists appear on the conference website.

Important dates 

    * Early registration:  15 May 2006
    * Late registration:   5 June 2006

Registration

Registration is now open. Registration, accommodation and travel
information are available on the conference website. To register,
please fill out the online registration form. 

Booking of accommodation at Kuressaare is handled by the local
organization. Accommodation in one of the conference hotels is 
only guaranteed until the early registration deadline of 15 May.  
After this date, we will do what we can, but Kuressaare is a small 
town and July is in the peak season.

Venue

Kuressaare (pop. 16000) is the main town on Saaremaa (Ösel), the
second-largest island of the Baltic Sea. Kuressaare is a charming
seaside resort on the shores of the Gulf of Riga highly popular with
Estonians as well as visitors to Estonia.

The scientific sessions of MPC/AMAST 2006 will take place at Saaremaa
Spa Hotel Meri, one among the several new spa hotels in the town. The
social events will involve a number of sites, including the
14th-century episcopal castle and the impact craters of
Kaali. Accommodation will be at Saaremaa Spa Hotels Meri and Rüütli.

To get to Kuressaare, one normally passes through Tallinn
(pop. 402000), Estonia's capital city. Tallinn is famous for its
picturesque medieval Old Town, inscribed on UNESCO's World Heritage
List.

From Tallinn, Kuressaare is easily reached by scheduled coach
(incl. a ferry ride). We may arrange chartered coaches from Tallinn to
Kuressaare and back both for MPC and AMAST, but this depends on the
demand.

There are also twice-daily flights to Kuressaare from Tallinn and
twice-weekly direct flights from Helsinki and Stockholm.

Local organizers

MPC/AMAST 2006 is organized by Institute of Cybernetics, a research
institute of Tallinn University of Technology.

Contact email address: mpc06(at)cs.ioc.ee.