Subject: categories: Games for logic an programming languages workshop : CFP

From: Dan Ghica <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:35:42 +0100

GAMES FOR LOGIC AND PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES 2006
	GALOP II -- A FLOC 2006 WORKSHOP
	http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/galop
	Seattle, Washington, USA,
	August 10 - 22, 2006
	CALL FOR PAPERS

TOPIC

Game semantics has emerged as a successful paradigm in the field of  
semantics of logics and programming languages. Game-semantic  
techniques led to the development of the first syntax-independent  
fully-abstract models for a variety of programming languages, ranging  
from the purely functional to languages with imperative features such  
as control, references or concurrency.  There are also connections  
between game semantics and other semantic theories, including the the  
pi-calculus and domain theory. In addition to semantic analysis, an  
algorithmic approach to game semantics has recently been developed,  
with a view to applications in computer assisted verification and  
program analysis.

SUBMISSIONS

* Submission: May 19
* Notification: June 9

This is intended to be an informal workshop. Participants are  
encouraged to present work in progress, overviews of more extensive  
work, and programmatic/position papers, as well as completed  
projects. We therefore ask for submission both of short abstracts  
outlining what will be presented at the workshop and of longer papers  
describing completed work, either published or unpublished, in the  
following areas:

	* Game theory and interaction models in semantics
	* Games-based design and verification
	* Logics for games and games for logics
	* Algorithmic aspects of games

To submit please follow the EasyChair link http://www.easychair.org/ 
GALOP2/.

A special journal issue associated with the workshop is being  
considered; this will be discussed at the workshop.

INVITED SPEAKERS
Luke Ong, Oxford
Madhusudan Parthasarathy, UIUC

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Samson Abramsky, Oxford
Pierre-Louis Curien, Paris VII
Claudia Faggian, Padova
Dan Ghica, Birmingham
Radha Jagadeesan, DePaul (Chair)
Paul-André Melliès, Paris VII
Guy McCusker, Sussex
Olivier Laurent, Paris VII
Andrea Schalk, Manchester

---
Dr. Dan Ghica, Lecturer
School of Computer Science
University of Birmingham
Birmingham B15 2TT
tel: +44 121 414 8819
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~drg