Subject: categories: Glasgow PSSL

From: Tom Leinster <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 16:54:02 +0100

Dear All,

This is a reminder that the 83rd PSSL will take place in Glasgow one
month from now, Sat 6th and Sun 7th May.

Special attractions:

* Jon Woolf will give an introduction to derived categories.  In the
last decade or so, derived categories have become very important in
certain parts of geometry; they now seem to be a standard part of a
modern algebraic geometer's toolkit.  Jon's introduction will be
tailored to category theorists, and won't assume any specialist
knowledge.

* (an attraction for most): thanks to a brand new law, all of Scotland's
pubs, cafes, restaurants, bars, etc are now smoke-free.

For information, including the current list of participants and talks,
see

http://www.maths.gla.ac.uk/~tl/pssl

There's no pressing need to register, unless (a) you want to give a
talk, or (b) you want to be in the same hotel as other participants.

Best wishes,

Tom Leinster
Richard Steiner