Subject: categories: algebra and coalgebra: positions for 3 PhDs and 1 postdoc

From: "Yde Venema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 10:30:14 +0200 (CEST)

-----------------------------------------------------
ALGEBRA & COALGEBRA: POSITIONS FOR 3 PhDs & 1 POSTDOC
-----------------------------------------------------

As of September 2006, funding for 3 PhD  studants and 1 postdoc  will be
available at the Universiteit van Amsterdam in the area of Logic and
Theoretical Computer Science. The appointees will join the NWO sponsored
research project

    ALGEBRA AND COALGEBRA
    (the mathematical environments of modal logic)

which is funded by the Dutch research organisation NWO and directed by
Dr. Yde Venema. Successful candidates will be working at the Institute for
Logic, Language and Computation.

The PhD students will concentrate on one of the following projects:
• Modal fixpoint logic
• Partially ordered algebra
• Universal coalgebra

The post-doc will perform research preferably in the following area:
• Coalgebra automata.

More information on the positions is available on
   http://www.uva.nl/vacatures/object.cfm/objectid=A44F58E5-560B-489C-B1DCE7856F46F88B
or via the web page of Dr. Venema:
   http://staff.science.uva.nl/~yde
------------------------------------------------------------------------------