Subject: categories: MGS 2006

From: Alexander Kurz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:58:49 +0000

*************************************************************
Midlands Graduate School 2006 in the Foundations of Computing

                           and

                    MGS Workshop 2006
*************************************************************

                  2nd Call for Participation

The Midlands Graduate School is taking place

     8 - 12 April 2006 at the University of Leicester, UK.

A timetable is now available at our updated website

               http://www.cs.le.ac.uk/~mgs2006

The School finishes on Wednesday at lunch time. Afterwards a small
workshop will be held to give PhD students the opportunity to present
their own work. If you are interested send a title and abstract to
mgs2006 at mcs.le.ac.uk.

The School provides an intensive course of lectures on the Foundations
of Computing. It is very well established, having run annually for the
past six years, and has always proved a popular and successful event.
This year we have Luke Ong, Oxford University and Thomas Streicher,
Darmstadt University as guest lecturers.

The lectures are aimed at graduate students, typically in their first
or second year of study for a PhD. However, the school is open to
anyone who is interested in learning more about mathematical computing
foundations, and we especially invite participants from UK
universities and from sites participating in the APPSEM working group.

Foundational courses:

R Crole         Leicester       Operational Semantics
P Levy          Birmingham      Typed Lambda Calculus
D Pattinson     Leicester       Category Theory

Advanced courses:

T Altenkirch    Nottingham      Quantum Programming
M Escardo       Birmingham      Operational Domain Theory & Topology
H Nilsson       Nottingham      Advanced Functional Programming
L Ong           Oxford          Game Semantics
T Streicher     Darmstadt       Constructive Logic
E Tuosto        Leicester       Concurrency and Mobility

We still have a small number grants for students resident in the UK,
while APPSEM funds can be used to support students from APPSEM
affiliated sites.

For further details and registration please visit

   http://www.cs.le.ac.uk/~mgs2006