Subject: categories: Goedel Young Scholars' Competition - deadline 24 February, 2006

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:28:23 +0100

Call for Participation
Young Scholars' Competition
The Kurt G=F6del Centenary: Horizons of Truth organizers and sponsors
invite young scholars in logic, mathematics, physics, philosophy,
computer science and theology to
submit project proposals for young scholars' competition honoring Kurt
G=F6dels hundredth birthday.
Web: http://www.logic.at/goedel2006/index.php?students

Project Proposal Description
Submitted project proposals should be strongly connected to the
scientific achievements including recent applications and/or life of
Kurt G=F6del. The proposals can cover any of
the following disciplines: logic, mathematics, physics, computer
science, theology or philosophy.
Participation Criteria
In order to participate in this competition, you must be born on or
after January 1, 1970.
Required documents
1.=09Project proposal
2.=09Curriculum vitae
3.=09List of bibliographic references
Important note: Submissions should contain a description of the future
research project,
its relation to the fields of research as mentioned above, and to Kurt
G=F6del's life or work, and possible applications. Including the list of
references, and the CV it should not exceed six (6) pages in PDF
format.
Prizes
Ten chosen projects will compete for three top prizes.
1st prize: 20 000 EUR
2nd and 3rd prize: 5000 EUR each
Deadlines
Submission deadline: Monday, 24. February 2006. 6 p.m. CET
Notifications: Monday, 15. March 2006.
Submissions
For submission software and instructions, see:
http://www.logic.at/goedel2006/index.php?submissions