Subject: categories: CT06: Deadlines approaching!

From: "Robert J. MacG. Dawson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:04:43 -0400

To all planning to attend CT06:

     Please note that the general deadline for abstracts, February 27th,
is almost here.  There appears to be a significant number of people
intending to speak who have not yet submitted their abstracts.

     Legitimate submissions for the Eilenberg-Mac Lane commemorative
session are welcome up to March 15th. However, we would ask people
wishing to talk on a topic without particularly strong "Eilenberg-Mac
Lane" connections (and category theory has taken many new directions
since the heyday of our founders) not to use this as an excuse for late
submission; it is not fair to the hard-worked scientific committee.

     Also, while the list of participants who have already booked at
White Point has gratifyingly many familiar names (thank you!), we  have
noted that many who we expect to see in June have _not_ yet booked.  The
management at White Point may not be as used as we are to the
categorical habit of leaving these things till the last minute, and are
starting to get a little concerned, wondering if they will have to
release some of the rooms in our block booking to the general public.
Remember, the earlier you book, the better the choice of rooms/cabins;
this will be especially true if White Point do have to release some
units, when the choice available may drop sharply.

     With apologies,

         The Organizing Committee