Subject: categories: CMCS 06 Short Contributions final CFP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 15:41:42 +0000

This is the FINAL CALL for submissions to the Short Contributions
section of CMCS 06, as advertised below. People are free to submit at
any time; and if they need a prompt answer in order to apply for visas
or accommodation or the like, please ask.

**********************************************************************
                           CMCS 2006

8th International Workshop on Coalgebraic Methods in Computer Science
        http://conferences.inf.ed.ac.uk/cmcs06/cmcs06.html

                         Vienna, Austria                        March
25-27, 2006

The workshop will be held in conjunction with the 9th European Joint
Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software ETAPS 2006
          March 25 - April 2, 2006

Aims and Scope

During the last few years, it has become increasingly clear that a
great variety of state-based dynamical systems, like transition
systems, automata, process calculi and class-based systems, can be
captured uniformly as coalgebras.  Coalgebra is developing into a
field of its own interest presenting a deep mathematical foundation, a
growing field of applications and interactions with various other
fields such as reactive and interactive system theory, object oriented
and concurrent programming, formal system specification, modal logic,
dynamical systems, control systems, category theory, algebra,
analysis, etc. The aim of the workshop is to bring together
researchers with a common interest in the theory of coalgebras and its
applications.

The topics of the workshop include, but are not limited to:

      the theory of coalgebras (including set theoretic and
      categorical approaches);
      coalgebras as computational and semantical models (for
      programming languages, dynamical systems, etc.);
      coalgebras in (functional, object-oriented, concurrent)
programming;      coalgebras and data types;      (coinductive)
definition and proof principles for coalgebras
      (with bisimulations or invariants);
      coalgebras and algebras;      coalgebraic specification and
verification;      coalgebras and (modal) logic;      coalgebra and
control theory (notably of discrete event and
hybrid systems).

The workshop will provide an opportunity to present recent and ongoing
work, to meet colleagues, and to discuss new ideas and future trends.

Previous workshops of the same series have been organized in Lisbon,
Amsterdam, Berlin, Genova, Grenoble, Warsaw and Barcelona. The
proceedings appeared as Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer
Science (ENTCS) Volumes 11,19, 33, 41, 65.1, 82.1 and 106. You can get
an idea of the types of papers presented at the meeting by looking at
the tables of contents of the ENTCS volumes from those workshops ENTCS

Location

CMCS 2006 will be held in Vienna on March 25-27, 2006. It will be a
satellite workshop of ETAPS 2006, the European Joint Conferences on
Theory and Practice of Software.

Programme Committee

John Power (chair,Edinburgh), Luis Barbosa (Minho), Neil Ghani
(Nottingham), H. Peter Gumm (Marburg), Marina Lenisa (Udine), Stefan
Milius (Braunschweig), Larry Moss (Bloomington), Jan Rutten
(Amsterdam), Hendrik Tews (Dresden), Tarmo Uustalu (Tallinn), Hiroshi
Watanabe (Osaka).

Keynote Speaker:       Peter O'Hearn (Queen Mary, University of London)

Invited Speakers:      Corina Cirstea (University of Southampton)
                 Alexander Kurz (University of Leicester)

Submissions

Two sorts of submissions will be possible this year:

Papers to be evaluated by the programme committee for inclusion in the
ENTCS proceedings:
            These papers must be written using ENTCS style files and be
of length
no greater than 20 pages. They must contain original contributions, be
clearly written, and include appropriate reference to and comparison
with related work. If a submission describes software, software tools,
or their use, it should include all source code that is needed to
reproduce the results but is not publicly available. If the additional
material exceeds 5 MB, URL's of publicly available sites should be
provided in the paper.

Short contributions:            These will not be published but will be
compiled into a technical
report of the University of Nottingham. They should be no more than
two pages and may describe work in progress, summarise work submitted
to a conference or workshop elsewhere, or in some other way appeal to
the CMCS audience.

Both sorts of submission should be submitted in postscript or pdf form
as attachments to an email to [email-masked].  The email should
include the title, corresponding author, and, for the first kind of
submission, a text-only one-page abstract.

After the workshop, we expect to produce a journal proceedings of
extended versions of selected papers to appear in Theoretical Computer
Science.

Important Dates

Deadline for submission of regular papers:     January 8, 2006.
Notification of acceptance of regular papers:  February 6, 2006. Final
version for the preliminary proceedings: February 13, 2006.

Deadline for submission of short contributions:      February 28, 2006.
Notification of acceptance of short contributions:   March 6, 2006.

For more information, please write to [email-masked].