Subject: categories: Mac Lane Conference: second announcement

From: Eugenia Cheng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 22:51:35 -0600 (CST)

Dear all,

This is the second announcement for the conference
in memory of Saunders Mac Lane, at the University of
Chicago, April 7 through April 11 2006. The conference
will be on "Category Theory and its Applications".

NEW: NSF funding is now available for students and postdocs.
See below for details.

For the text of the first announcement, and further details,
including the schedule of speakers and travel information,
please see

http://www.math.uchicago.edu/~may/MACLANE
or
http://www.math.uchicago.edu/~eugenia/maclane.

This will be an informal conference with no registration fee.
Talks will take place in the Mathematics Department building
(Eckhart Hall).  There will be an informal lunch and reception
arranged after the memorial service on Friday, April 7; for
other meals, attendees can choose from a variety of options on
and around campus.

Accommodation near campus is limited.  We have reserved a block
of rooms at the Ramada Inn at a special conference rate of $95
per night (plus tax).  To reserve one of these rooms please call
+1-773-288-5000 during CST office hours, and mention the Mac Lane
Memorial Conference.  Please note that these rooms will be released
to the general public on March 6.  The hotel website is at
http://www.ramada-chicago.com.

FUNDING FOR STUDENTS AND POSTDOCS

Funding for this conference has been made available by the NSF.
If you are a student or postdoc and would like to be considered
for financial support, please send your name, institution, and,
if you are a student, the name of your advisor to Eugenia Cheng
by February 28.

GENERAL REGISTRATION

If you plan to attend this conference or have any further
questions, please e-mail Eugenia Cheng at the above address
([email-masked]).

We look forward to seeing you in April.

With best regards,

The organisers

Peter May
Eugenia Cheng