Subject: categories: CFP: FCS-ARSPA'06 (Workshop on Foundations of Computer Security and Automated Reasoning for Security Protocol Analysis)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 19:48:09 +0100

apologies for
multiple copies

			************************
			****                ****
			****  FCS-ARSPA'06  ****
			****                ****
			************************

	    A LICS'06  (and FLoC'06) Affiliated Workshop on

		    FOUNDATIONS OF COMPUTER SECURITY
				  and
	   AUTOMATED REASONING FOR SECURITY PROTOCOL ANALYSIS

		Seattle, Washington, August 15-16, 2006

	       http://www.inf.ethz.ch/~vigano/fcs-arspa06

                        ***********************
                        *** CALL FOR PAPERS ***
                        ***********************

		   Submission deadline: May 10, 2006

BACKGROUND, AIM AND SCOPE
=========================

Computer security is an established field of computer science of both
theoretical and practical significance. In recent years, there has been
increasing interest in logic-based foundations for various methods in
computer security, including the formal specification, analysis and
design of security protocols and their applications, the formal
definition of various aspects of security such as access control
mechanisms, mobile code security and denial-of-service attacks, and the
modeling of information flow and its application to confidentiality
policies, system composition, and covert channel analysis.

The workshop FCS-ARSPA'06 is the fusion of two workshops. The workshop
FCS continues a tradition, initiated with the Workshops on Formal
Methods and Security Protocols (FMSP) in 1998 and 1999, then with the
Workshop on Formal Methods and Computer Security (FMCS) in 2000, and
finally with the LICS satellite Workshop on Foundations of Computer
Security (FCS) in 2002 through 2005, of bringing together formal methods
and the security community.

The ARSPA workshop is the third in a series of workshops on Automated
Reasoning for Security Protocol Analysis, bringing together researchers
and practitioners from both the security and the formal methods
communities, from academia and industry, who are working on developing
and applying automated reasoning techniques and tools for the formal
specification and analysis of security protocols. The first two ARSPA
workshops were held as satellite events of IJCAR'04 and of ICALP'05,
respectively.

The aim of the joint workshop FCS-ARSPA'06 is to provide a forum for
continued activity in these areas, to bring computer security
researchers in closer contact with the LICS community, and to give LICS
attendees an opportunity to talk to experts in computer security. We
thus solicit submissions of papers both on mature work and on work in
progress.

We are interested both in new results in theories of computer security
and also in more exploratory presentations that examine open questions
and raise fundamental concerns about existing theories, as well as in
new results on developing and applying automated reasoning techniques
and tools for the formal specification and analysis of security
protocols.

Possible topics include, but are not limited to:

Automated reasoning techniques       Access control and resource usage control
Composition issues                   Authentication
Formal specification                 Availability and denial of service
Foundations of verification          Covert channels
Information flow analysis            Confidentiality
Language-based security              Integrity and privacy
Logic-based design              for  Intrusion detection
Program transformation               Malicious code
Security models                      Mobile code
Static analysis                      Mutual distrust
Statistical methods                  Privacy
Tools                                Security policies
Trust management                     Security protocols

All submissions will be peer-reviewed. Authors of accepted papers must
guarantee that their paper will be presented at the workshop.

SUBMISSION
==========

Submissions should be at most 15 pages (a4paper, 11pt), including
references, in the Springer LNCS style available at the URL
	     http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html
The cover page should include title, names of authors, co-ordinates of
the corresponding author, an abstract, and a list of keywords.
It is recommended that submissions adhere to the specified format and
length. Submissions that are clearly too long may be rejected
immediately.
Additional material intended for the referees but not for publication in
the final version - for example details of proofs - may be placed in a
clearly marked appendix that is not included in the page limit.
Simultaneous submissions to a journal or another conference are accepted.

Authors are invited to submit their papers electronically, as portable
document format (pdf) or postscript (ps); please, do not send files
formatted for work processing packages (e.g., Microsoft Word or
Wordperfect files).

The only mechanism for paper submissions is via the electronic
submission web-site (which will soon be available).

IMPORTANT DATES
===============

Papers due: 	                May  10, 2006
Notification of acceptance: 	June 16, 2006
Final paper versions due:       July 14, 2006
Workshop: 	                August 15-16, 2006

PUBLICATION
===========
Informal proceedings will be made available in electronic format and
they will be distributed to all participants of the workshop.
The authors of the best papers might be invited to submit an extended
revision for inclusion in a special issue of a journal, with an
additional reviewing process.

INVITED TALKS
=============
To be announced

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
=================

* Alessandro Armando (Universita` di Genova, Italy)
* Jorge R. Cuellar (SIEMENS AG, Munich, Germany)
* Anupam Datta (Stanford University, USA)
* Pierpaolo Degano (Universita` di Pisa, Italy; co-chair)
* Pablo Giambiagi (Swedish Institute of Computer Science, Sweden)
* Virgil Gligor (University of Maryland, USA)
* Roberto Gorrieri (Universita` di Bologna, Italy)
* Carl A. Gunter (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA)
* Joshua Guttman (Mitre, USA)
* Ralf Kuesters (Christian-Albrechts-Universitaet zu Kiel, Germany; co-chair)
* Ninghui Li (Purdue University, USA)
* Sjouke Mauw (University of Eindhoven, The Netherlands)
* Peter Ryan (University of Newcastle, UK)
* Luca Vigano` (ETH Zurich, Switzerland; co-chair)
* Laurent Vigneron (INRIA-LORRAINE, Nancy, France)
* Bogdan Warinschi (INRIA-LORRAINE, Nancy, France)
* Steve Zdancewic (University of Pennsylvania, USA; co-chair)

FCS Steering Committee:
* Martin Abadi (University of California at Santa Cruz, USA)
* Joshua Guttman (MITRE, USA)
* John Mitchell (Stanford University, USA)
* Andrei Sabelfeld (Chalmers, Sweden; chair)
* Andre Scedrov (University of Pennsylvania, USA)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
======================

Information about registration, travel, and venue can be found at the
LICS'06 and FLoC'06 web-sites.

For further information send an email to the workshop co-chairs at

		   fcs-arspa06 -at- lists.inf.ethz.ch