Subject: categories: CONCUR 2006 Call for Papers

From: Frank Ciesinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 16:10:34 +0100

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Apologies if you received multiple copies of this announcement.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

                           CALL FOR PAPERS
                              CONCUR'06
          17th International Conference on Concurrency Theory
                       August 27th - 30th, 2006
                           Bonn, Germany

                 http://depend.cs.uni-sb.de/concur06

CONCUR 2006, the  17th International Conference on Concurrency Theory,
will take place in Bonn, Germany, August 27 - 30, 2006. The purpose of
the CONCUR conferences is to bring together researchers working on the
theory of concurrency and its applications.

Submissions  are  solicited in  all  areas  of  semantics, logics, and
verification techniques  for  concurrent systems. The principal topics
include (but are not limited to):

* Basic  models  and  logics of concurrent and distributed computation
  (such as process  algebras,  Petri  nets, domain  theoretic  or game
  theoretic models, modal and temporal logics).

* Specialized models or classes of systems (such as circuits, synchro-
  nous systems, real time and hybrid systems, stochastic systems, data
  bases, mobile and  migrating systems, parametric protocols, security
  protocols).

* Related  verification  techniques and tools (such as state-space ex-
  ploration,  model-checking,  synthesis,  abstraction,  automated de-
  duction, testing).

* Related programming models  (such as distributed, constraints or ob-
  ject oriented,  graph rewriting, as well as associated type systems,
  static analyses, abstract machines, and environments).

Authors  are  invited to submit an extended abstract; submissions will
be  evaluated  by  the  program  committee  for  inclusion in the pro-
ceedings,  which  will be published by Springer-Verlag  in the Lecture
Notes  in  Computer Science series. Papers must  contain original con-
tributions, be clearly  written, and  include appropriate reference to
and comparison with related work. Simultaneous  submission to journals
or other conferences with published proceedings is not allowed.

Authors are required to submit a paper title  and a short abstract be-
fore submitting  the extended abstract. The short abstract  should not
exceed 200 words, and it should be entered  in ASCII at the conference
web site.  The extended abstract  should not  exceed 15 pages,  and it
should be  formatted according  to Springer-Verlag LNCS guidelines. If
necessary, the  extended abstract  may be  supplemented with a clearly
marked appendix,  which will be reviewed at the discretion of the pro-
gram committee. The link for submission will be  available at the web-
site: http://depend.cs.uni-sb.de/concur06

Invited Speakers
================
* Jan-Willem Klop, Free University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
* Orna Kupferman, Hebrew University, Israel
* Edward A. Lee, University of California at Berkeley, USA

Invited Tutorials by
====================
* Uwe Nestmann, Technical University of Berlin, Germany
* Roberto Segala, University of Verona, Italy

Important Dates
===============
Abstract Submission: March 23, 2006
Paper Submission: April 3, 2006 (STRICT)
Notification: May 20, 2006
Final version due: June 9, 2006.

Affiliated Workshops
====================
Eleven workshops will be affiliated with CONCUR 2006:
FMICS, INFINITY, EXPRESS, SOS, GETCO, GVD,
FOCLASA, PDMC, SecCo, CORTOS, GT-VC.

CONCUR Steering Committee
=========================
Roberto Amadio, University of Paris 7, France,
Jos Baeten,     Eindhoven University of Technology, the Netherlands,
Eike Best,      University of Oldenburg University, Germany,
Kim Larsen,     Aalborg University, Denmark,
Ugo Montanari,  University of di Pisa, Italy,
Scott Smolka,   SUNY Stony Brook, USA.

Program Committee Chairs
========================
Christel Baier,  University of Bonn, Germany,
Holger Hermanns, University of Saarland, Germany

Program Committee
=================
Parosh Abdulla        Uppsala University, Sweden
Luca Aceto            Reykjavik University, Iceland
Luca de Alfaro        University of California, Santa Cruz, USA
Roberto Amadio        University of Paris 7, France
Jos Baeten            Eindhoven University of Technology, the Nether-
                      lands
Christel Baier        University of Bonn, Germany
Patricia Bouyer       Ecole Normale Superieure de Cachan, France
Franck van Breugel    York University, Canada
Kousha Etessami       University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Wan Fokkink           Free University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Philippa Gardner      Imperial College London, United Kingdom
Rob van Glabbeek      The University of New South Wales, Australia
Holger Hermanns       University of Saarland, Germany
Barbara Koenig        University of Stuttgart, Germany
Antonin Kucera        Masaryk University in Brno, Czeck Republic
Kim Larsen            Aalborg University, Denmark
Gerald Luettgen       University of York, United Kingdom
Nancy Lynch           Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
Massimo Merro         University of Verona, Italy
Ugo Montanari         University of Pisa, Italy
Anca Muscholl         University of Paris 7, France
Catuscia Palamidessi  INRIA Futurs Saclay, France
Woijtek Penczek       University of Podlasie, Poland
Corrado Priami        University of Trento, Italy
Jean-Francois Raskin  Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Jan Rutten            CWI, The Netherlands
PS Thiagarajan        National University of Singapore, Singapore