Subject: categories: Midlands Graduate School

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Jan 2006 11:12:57 +0000

[Apologies for multiple copies]

*************************************************************
Midlands Graduate School 2006 in the Foundations of Computing
*************************************************************

   http://www.cs.le.ac.uk/~mgs2006

The Midlands Graduate School is taking place

  8 - 12 April 2006 at the University of Leicester, UK.

The School provides an intensive course of lectures on the Foundations
of Computing. It is very well established, having run annually for the
past six years, and has always proved a popular and successful event.
This year we have Luke Ong, Oxford University and Thomas Streicher,
Darmstadt University as guest lecturers.

The lectures are aimed at graduate students, typically in their first
or second year of study for a PhD. However, the school is open to
anyone who is interested in learning more about mathematical computing
foundations, and we especially invite participants from UK
universities and from sites participating in the APPSEM working group.

Foundational courses:

R Crole         Leicester       Operational Semantics 	
P Levy          Birmingham      Typed Lambda Calculus  	
D Pattinson     Leicester       Category Theory 	

Advanced courses:

T Altenkirch    Nottingham      Quantum Programming
M Escardo       Birmingham      Operational Domain Theory & Topology
H Nilsson       Nottingham      Advanced Functional Programming
L Ong           Oxford          Game Semantics
T Streicher     Darmstadt       Constructive Logic
E Tuosto        Leicester       Concurrency

We expect to have some grants for UK students, while APPSEM funds can
be used to support students from APPSEM affiliated sites.

For further details and registration please visit

   http://www.cs.le.ac.uk/~mgs2006

Please register soon! Places and accommodation will be allocated on a
first-come, first-serve basis.

Roy Crole
Alexander Kurz
Dirk Pattinson