Subject: categories: Funding for attending CiE 2006

From: [email-masked] (Arnold Beckmann)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:07:18 +0000

Please forward this to interested researchers and students.

*****************************************************************
FUNDING OPPORTUNITIES TO ATTEND COMPUTABILITY IN EUROPE 2006

This is just to clarify the various opportunities offered
throught the organisers of CiE 2006 for PhD students and
researchers from the Former Soviet Union to obtain funding to
attend the conference.

The deadline for all the funding schemes has been fixed for
MARCH 31, 2006

Full details of how to apply are available via the webpage:

http://www.cs.swan.ac.uk/cie06/give-page.php?14

ASL FUNDING:

CiE 2006 is an ASL sponsored meeting, so PhD students who have
taken advantage of the ASL very favourable membership terms (or
intend to do so soon), will be able to apply direct to them for a
grant to attend. See:

http://www.aslonline.org/studenttravelawards.html

EPSRC FUNDING FOR UK-BASED PhD STUDENTS:

CiE 2006 has obtained generous support from the UK Engineering
and Physical Sciences Research Council for UK-based PhD students.
For these grants, application is direct to the conference
organisers at [email-masked] - see the website for details.

LMS FUNDING FOR UK-BASED PhD STUDENTS, AND fSU RESEARCHERS:

The London Mathematical Society funding for students is similar
to that from EPSRC. In addition, there is funding for researchers
from the Former Soviet Union, including some support for travel,
as well as for accommodation, registration, etc. Again -
application is direct to the organisers.

PRESENTERS OF PAPERS AT CiE 2006:

It is important to note that in allocating funding, the
organisers will prioritise presenters of papers at CiE 2006. The
deadline for submission for the LNCS Proceedings volume is:

THURSDAY FEBRUARY 9th, 2006

For details of the submission procedure, see:

http://www.cs.swan.ac.uk/cie06/give-page.php?12

Similarly, giving a talk at CiE 2006 will improve the chances of
getting funding through the ASL scheme.

*****************************************************************