Subject: categories: Mac Lane volume

From: Hvedri Inassaridze <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:16:17 -0400 (GMT)

Dear Colleagues,

  The journal "Journal of Homotopy and Related Structures"
(http://jhrs.rmi.acnet.ge) intends to publish a volume (maybe with two
issues) dedicated to the memory of Saunders Mac Lane who died 14 April
2005 in San Francisco. He was one of the most influential mathematicians
of the 20th century and he created a new way of thinking about
mathematics.
  The editors of Mac Lane volume are: Michael Barr ([email-masked]),
Ronald Brown ([email-masked]), Peter Freyd ([email-masked]) and
George Janelidze as executive editor ([email-masked]).
  Have promised to contribute Peter May and William Lawvere.
  We hereby invite you to make a contribution. We are interested in
mathematical papers satisfying high standards appropriate for such a
volume and related to Mac Lane's interests, but also in papers related to
areas of mathematics covered by the scope of JHRS. The submission deadline
is end of August 2006. Papers should be submitted to any editor of Mac
Lane volume, where they will have the usual refereeing process according
to the submission policy of JHRS.
  The editors of Mac Lane volume could invite other mathematicians as
contributers.
  It would be a great honour for our Editorial Board to contribute and
edit a volume dedicated to the memory of Saunders Mac lane.

  Sincerely yours

  Hvedri Inassaridze
  Editor-in-Chief of JHRS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professor Hvedri Inassaridze,              Tel.: 995 32 334728 (work)
Head of the Department of Algebra,               995 32 230852 (home)
A.Razmadze Mathematical Institute,               995 99 157836 (mobile)
Georgian Academy of Sciences,              Fax:  995 32 001153
M.Alexidze Str.1,
Tbilisi 0193, Georgia               email: [email-masked]
                                           [email-masked]
                                    http://www.rmi.acnet.ge/~hvedri