Subject: categories: research positions

From: Jiri Rosicky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:52:14 +0100

Eduard Cech center had been established in 2005 as the national research
center focusing its attention to interactions between algebra, geometry, and
logic (and their applications in cryptology, computer science, etc.). It
is jointly operated by mathematicians from Masaryk University in Brno,
Charles University in Prague and Academy of Sciences of the Czech
Republic, with offices both in Brno and Prague.

The Center invites applications for several research positions commencing
during the year 2006 at the date depending on mutual agreement. The positions
are initially for one year with a possibility of extension for another year.
The candidates must be recent PhD's that obtained their degree not
earlier than 2 years before the beginning of their contract with the
Eduard Cech Center.

Candidates should submit a letter of application accompanied by a CV,
list of publications and an outline of their research project to
Professor Jan Slovak ([email-masked]) not later than March 15, 2006.
They should also arrange for at least 2 letters of recommendation (one can
be from a Czech mathematician) to be mailed directly to [email-masked]
before March 15, 2006. The successful applicants will be notified as soon
as possible but not later than April 15, 2006.

Further information about the Eduard Cech Center can be found at
http://ecc.sci.muni.cz