Subject: categories: Postdoctoral Research Positions

From: Maria Manuel Clementino <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:46:10 +0000

Postdoctoral Research Positions for 2006/2007

The Centre for Mathematics of the University of Coimbra (CMUC)
accepts applications for one-year postdoctoral positions in
all areas of Mathematics. CMUC has been recently classified as
a research unit of excellence by an international funding panel.

In particular, the Centre welcomes applications in the following
areas:

   Computational Mathematics & Scientific Computing.
   Integer Programming & Combinatorial Optimization.

   Group and Algebras Representations. Category Theory.
   Multilinear Algebra, Matrix Theory & Combinatorics.

   Nonparametric Statistics. Nonlinear Time-Series Modelling.

   Partial Differential Equations.
   Free Boundary Problems and Nonlinear Applied Problems.

   Quantum Groups. Symplectic and Poisson Geometry.

The positions obey to the portuguese scholarship system
(http://www.fct.mces.pt). The salary will be determined by the
candidate's qualifications and experience and can vary between
17940 and 24720 EUR a year (tax free). The positions include
benefits and a professional travel allowance. There are no
teaching duties associated to the positions, which should start
by September/October 2006.

Applicants must have (or soon have) a Ph. D. in Mathematics,
preferably obtained after January 1, 2003, and a good command
of English.

Applications will be accepted until January 31, 2006.

Applicants should send a curriculum vitae (publication list
included), a statement of research interests (one page maximum),
and at least two letters of recommendation by regular mail or
e-mail to:

     Centre for Mathematics - University of Coimbra
     Apartado 3008, 3001-454 Coimbra, Portugal

     [email-masked]
     http://www.mat.uc.pt/~cmuc