Subject: categories: CT 2006 announcement

From: [email-masked] (Peter Selinger)
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:33:55 -0400 (AST)

International Category Theory Conference
			       CT 2006

			June 25 - July 1, 2006
		       White Point, Nova Scotia

	     http://www.mathstat.dal.ca/~selinger/ct2006/

				* * *

 The International Category Theory Conference (CT) covers all areas of
 pure and applied category theory. Topics of interest include, but are
 not limited to: higher dimensional categories, categorical logic,
 applications of categories in algebra, topology, combinatorics, and
 other areas of mathematics, applications of category theory to
 computer science, physics and other mathematical sciences. Previous
 meetings in this series were held in Vancouver (2004), Como (2000),
 Coimbra (1999), Vancouver (1997), Halifax (1995), Tours (1994), Isle
 of Thorns (1992), Montreal (1991), and Como (1990).

 CT 2006 will be an active research-oriented conference, in something
 of an "Oberwolfach style". The seaside setting will offer more
 opportunities for informal discussion and collaboration in the
 evenings than might be the case in an urban setting. There will also
 be many opportunities for recreational activities.

 All those interested in category theory and its applications are
 welcome.

LOCATION:

 The CT 2006 conference will be held at the White Point Beach Resort
 (http://www.whitepoint.com/). White Point is a seaside resort in Nova
 Scotia (Canada), about 100 minutes' drive from Halifax.

 The conference venue offers a choice of accommodation, both in
 comfortable finished cabins and in "hotel-style" rooms. All meals are
 included in the price of the rooms. (There will be a moderate
 registration fee to cover other conference costs.)

 For more details on accommodations and reservations, as well as
 details of how to get there, please see the conference web page.

TO GIVE A TALK:

 Prospective speakers should submit an abstract of up to one page.
 Abstracts should be sufficiently detailed to allow the scientific
 committee to assess the merits of the work.  Submissions should be in
 plain text, Postscript, or PDF format, and must be sent to
 [email-masked] by February 27. Receipt of all submissions will
 be acknowledged by return email. Authors will be notified by March 30
 of the acceptance of their talks.

BOOKING YOUR ROOM

 We would like to stress that, due to the secluded rural location of
 the conference, there are no convenient alternative accommodations.
 White Point Beach Resort has reserved a large block of rooms and
 cottages for us, but cannot hold them indefinitely; if numbers are
 below expectation by late January, they may have to reduce the number
 of rooms reserved. While all the rooms at White Point are very nice,
 there are various different styles; booking early will assure you the
 best choice of accommodation. (Should unforeseen circumstances make
 it impossible for you to attend, you can cancel for a $5 processing
 fee.)

IMPORTANT DEADLINES:

 Feb 27, 2006: submission of abstracts
 Mar 1, 2006: early registration
 Mar 30, 2006: notification of authors
 Apr 20, 2006: registration

SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE:

 Jiri Adamek
 John Baez
 Michael Barr
 Eugenia Cheng
 Maria Manuel Clementino
 Marcelo Fiore
 Peter Freyd
 Jonathon Funk
 Peter Johnstone
 Steve Lack
 Susan Niefield
 Phil Scott
 Ross Street
 Walter Tholen (chair)
 Enrico Vitale

ORGANIZERS:

 Robert Dawson ([email-masked])
 Dorette Pronk ([email-masked])
 Peter Selinger ([email-masked])

CONFERENCE EMAIL AND WEBSITE:

 [email-masked]
 http://www.mathstat.dal.ca/~selinger/ct2006/