Subject: categories: RTA'06: 1st Call for Papers

From: Ralf Treinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 13:47:36 +0100

************************************
                  *                                  *
                  *  RTA'06   FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS  *
                  *                                  *
                  ************************************

                       http://rta06.csl.sri.com/

                           Seattle, WA, USA
                          August 12-14, 2006
	            Affiliated workshops Aug 11 & 15

The 17th International Conference on Rewriting Techniques and Applications
(RTA'06) is organized as part of the Federated Logic Conference (FLoC),
collocated with CAV, ICLP, IJCAR, LICS, SAT, and several affiliated workshops.

IMPORTANT DATES:
 Feb 15, 2006: Deadline for electronic submission of title and abstract
 Feb 22, 2006: Deadline for electronic submission of papers
 May 01, 2006: Notification of acceptance of papers
 Jun 01, 2006: Deadline for final versions of accepted papers

RTA is the major forum for the presentation of research on all aspects of
rewriting. Typical areas of interest include (but are not limited to):

 * Applications: case studies; rule-based (functional and logic) programming;
   symbolic and algebraic computation; theorem proving; system synthesis and
   verification; proof checking; reasoning about programming languages and
   logics;

 * Foundations: matching and unification; narrowing; completion techniques;
   strategies; constraint solving; explicit substitutions; tree automata;
   termination;

 * Frameworks: string, term, graph, and proof rewriting; lambda-calculus and
   higher-order rewriting; proof nets; constrained rewriting/deduction;
   categorical and infinitary rewriting;

 * Implementation: compilation techniques; parallel execution; rewrite tools;
   termination checking;

 * Semantics: equational logic; rewriting logic.

The following workshops are affiliated with RTA'06:

 * HOR'06: 3rd International Workshop on Higher-Order Rewriting

 * RULE'06: 7th International Workshop on Rule-Based Programming

 * UNIF'06: 20th International Workshop on Unification

 * WG1.6: Annual meeting of the IFIP Working Group 1.6 on Term Rewriting.

 * WRS'06: 6th International Workshop on Reduction Strategies in Rewriting
    and Programming

 * WST'06: 8th International Workshop on Termination

Please refer to the RTA'06 web site for further information on the workshops.

INVITED SPEAKERS:
Randy Bryant will be the joint plenary speaker of LICS, RTA and SAT. More
RTA invited speakers will be announced later.

BEST PAPER AWARDS AND TRAVEL GRANTS: An award is given to the best paper or
papers as decided by the program committee. A limited number of travel grants
may be available for students who are (co-)authors of RTA-papers. To apply for
grants, students should send an e-mail to the PC chair together with their
submission.

RTA'06 PROGRAM COMMITTEE CHAIR:
  * Frank Pfenning, Carnegie Mellon University

RTA'06 PROGRAM COMMITTEE:
 * Zena Ariola, University of Oregon
 * Franz Baader, Technical University Dresden
 * Gilles Dowek, Ecole Polytechnique and INRIA
 * Guillem Godoy, Technical University of Catalonia
 * Deepak Kapur, University of New Mexico
 * Delia Kesner, University Paris 7
 * Denis Lugiez, University of Provence
 * Claude Marche, University Paris-Sud
 * Jose Meseguer, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
 * Frank Pfenning, Carnegie Mellon University (Chair)
 * Ashish Tiwari, SRI International
 * Yoshihito Toyama, Tohoku University
 * Eelco Visser, Utrecht University
 * Hans Zantema, Eindhoven University of Technology

RTA'06 CONFERENCE CHAIR:
  * Ashish Tiwari, SRI International

RTA'06 SUBMISSIONS:

Submissions must be original and not submitted for publication elsewhere.
Submission categories include regular research papers and system descriptions.
Problem sets and submissions describing interesting applications of rewriting
techniques are also welcome. The page limit for submissions is 15 pages in
Springer Verlag LNCS style (10 pages for system descriptions).

Please consult http://rta06.csl.sri.com/ for further instructions.

LOCATION, TRAVEL, ACCOMMODATION, AND REGISTRATION:

RTA'06 will be part of the 2006 Federated Logic Conference (FLoC 2006) which
will be held August 10-22, 2006, at the Seattle Sheraton Hotel and Towers,
in Seattle, Washington state, USA. Further information will be made available
at the FLoC 2006 home page http://research.microsoft.com/floc06/index.htm.