Subject: categories: Quasi-categories

From: Andree Ehresmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 18:42:05 +0100

In answer to Carl Futia

Charles Ehresmann has called such "gadgets" quasi-categories in
"Introduction to the theory of structured categories" (Kansas 1966) reprinted in
"Charles Ehresmann: Oeuvres completes et commentees" Part III-2.

Sincerely
Andree C. Ehresmann

---

From: Philippe Gaucher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:06:08 +0100

Le samedi 26 Novembre 2005 18:42, vous avez écrit :
> "Introduction to the theory of structured categories" (Kansas 1966)
> reprinted in "Charles Ehresmann: Oeuvres completes et commentees" Part
> III-2.
>
> Sincerely
> Andree C. Ehresmann

Dear All,

One told me very recently that Joyal is writting a book about 
"quasi-categories". But with a different meaning. A quasi-category is a 
simplicial set satisfying a condition a little bit weaker than the Kan 
condition. Morally speaking, two composable arrows have several possible 
compositions, up to homotopy. I dont know whether Joyal reads this 
mailing-list ? 

pg.