Subject: categories: First Announcement and Call for Papers for MFPS 22

From: Michael Mislove <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:33:22 -0600

Dear Colleagues,
 Below is the First Announcement and Call for Papers for MFPS 22,
which will take place at the University of Genoa, IT from Wednesday,
May 24 through Saturday, May 27, 2006.
 Best regards,
 Mike Mislove

Professor Michael Mislove Phone: +1 504 862-3441
Department of Mathematics FAX: +1 504 865-5063
Tulane University URL: http://www.math.tulane.edu/~mwm
New Orleans, LA 70118 USA

         First Announcement and Call for Papers
                          MFPS XXII

             Twenty-second Conference on the
    Mathematical Foundations of Programming Semantics
                    University of Genoa
                         Genova Italy
                 May 24 - May 27, 2006

    Partially Supported by US Office of Naval Research

The Twenty-second Conference on the Mathematical Foundations of
Programming Semantics will take place at the University of Genoa,
Italy from Wednesday, May 24 through Saturday, May 27, 2006. The
invited speakers for MFPS XXII are

Marcelo Fiore, Cambridge
Eugenio Moggi, Genova
Prakash Panangaden, McGill
Davide Sangiorgi, Bologna
Peter Selinger, Dalhousie
Steve Zdancewic, Penn

In addition to the invited addresses, there will be a Special Session
on Security organized by Catherine Meadows. Other special sessions
also are planned, and details will be announced as they are available.
There also will be a Tutorial Day on May 23 devoted to Separation
Logic. Details about this event also will be forthcoming later.

The remainder of the program will be composed of papers selected by
the Program Committee from submissions received in response to this
Call for Papers. The Program Committee is being chaired by Stephen
Brookes (CMU) and Michael Mislove (Tulane). It also includes:

o Mariangiola Dezani-Ciancaglini   (Torino)
o Martin Escardo                           (Birmingham)
o Joshua Guttman                         (Mitre)
o Cedric Fournet                           (Microsoft)
o Radha Jagadeesan                    (DePaul)
o Achim Jung                                (Birmingham)
o Peeter Laud                               (Tartu)
o Catherine Meadows                  (NRL)
o Catuscia Palamidessi               (INRIA)
o Prakash Panangaden               (McGill)
o Roberto Segala                         (Vernoa)
o Phil Scott                                   (Ottawa)
o Simona Ronchi della Rocha      (Torino)
o Alex Simpson                            (Edinburgh)

Submissions should consist of original work that has not been
published elsewhere. Submissions should be no longer than 12 pages,
and they should be in the form of either PostScript or pdf files that
can be printed on a standard printer. They can be made using the link
that will be available on the MFPS 22 Home Page
http://www.math.tulane.edu/~mfps/mfps22.htm - submissions will open in
early January.

Submissions must be received by midnight, Pacific Standard Time on
Friday, February 15, 2005. Authors will be notified of acceptance by
March 25, 2005.

The MFPS conferences are devoted to those areas of mathematics, logic
and computer science which are related to the semantics of programming
languages. The series particularly has stressed providing a forum
where both mathematicians and computer scientists can meet and
exchange ideas about problems of common interest. We also encourage
participation by researchers in neighboring areas, since we strive to
maintain breadth in the scope of the series.

The Organizing Committee for MFPS consists of Stephen Brookes (CMU),
Achim Jung (Birmingham), Catherine Meadows (NRL), Michael Mislove
(Tulane) and Prakash Panangaden (McGill). The local arrangements for
MFPS XXI are being overseen by Giuseppe Rosolini (Genova).

In addition to supporting the conference overall, the support we
anticipate from the Office of Naval Research makes funds available to
help offset expenses of graduate students. Women and minorities also
are encouraged to inquire about possible support to attend the
meeting.

Participation Information

Information about MFPS XXII can be found at the URL
http://www.math.tulane.edu/~mfps/mfps22.htm Registration information
will be available at this site shortly after the New Year. If you have
problems accessing the link above, then send email to
[email-masked].