Subject: categories: ICGT 2004: call for participation

From: Simeoni Marta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 18:20:00 +0200 (CEST)

[Apologies for multiple copies of this announcement]

                   CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                         ICGT 2004

                 2nd International Conference
                   on Graph Transformation

           Roma (Italy), September 28 - October 2, 2004

The second International Conference on Graph Transformation ICGT 2004,
along with several satellite events, will be held in Roma at the end
of September 2004. It follows the first ICGT 2002 (Barcelona, October
2002) and a series of six international workshops on graph
transformation with applications in computer science held from 1978 to
1998 in Europe and the USA. The conference takes place under the
auspices of EATCS, EASST, and IFIP WG 1.3.
The proceedings will appear in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science
series by Springer-Verlag.
The conference is co-located with IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages
and Human Centric Computing (VL/HCC), September 26-29, 2004, allowing
its participants to have a closer look at this important, related
field.

Scope.

Graphical structures of various kinds (like graphs, diagrams, visual
sentences and others) are very useful to describe complex structures
and systems in a direct and intuitive way. These structures are often
augmented by formalisms which add to the static description a further
dimension modelling the evolution of systems via any kind of
transformation of such graphical structures. The field of Graph
Transformation is concerned with the theory, applications and
implementation issues of all these formalisms.
The theory is strongly related to areas such as graph theory and graph
algorithms, formal language and parsing theory, theory of concurrency
and distributed systems, formal specification and verification, logic
and semantics. The application areas include all those fields of
Computer Science, Information Processing, Engineering and Natural
Sciences where static and dynamic modeling by graphical structures and
graph transformations, respectively, play an important role.

Invited speakers.

Andy Evans (York, UK),
Ravi Sandhu (Fairfax, VA USA),
Margaret-Anne Storey (Victoria, BC Canada) (joint speaker with VL/HCC)

Program committee.

M.Bauderon (FR), D.Blostein (CA), A.Corradini (IT), H.Ehrig (DE), G.Engels
(co-chair; DE), R.Heckel (DE), D.Janssens (BE), H.-J.Kreowski (DE), B.Koenig
(DE), B.Meyer (AU), U.Montanari (IT), M.Nagl (DE), F.Orejas (ES),
F.Parisi-Presicce (co-chair; USA/IT), M.Pezze` (IT), J.Pfaltz (USA),
R.Plasmeijer (NL), D.Plump (UK), L.Ribeiro (BR), G.Rozenberg (NL), A.Schuerr
(DE), G.Taentzer (DE), G.Tortora (IT), G.Valiente (ES)

Important dates.

Main conference:                         September 29 -- October 1, 2004
Conference including satellite events:   September 28 -- October 2, 2004

General organizing committee.

Paolo Bottoni (Roma, Italy),
Hartmut Ehrig (chair; Berlin, Germany),
Gregor Engels (Paderborn, Germany),
Francesco Parisi-Presicce (Roma, Italy),
Grzegorz Rozenberg (Leiden, The Netherlands)

Local organizing committee.

Paolo Bottoni (chair),
Francesco Parisi-Presicce,
Marta Simeoni (publicity chair)

Conference address.

    ICGT 2004
    Francesco Parisi-Presicce / Paolo Bottoni
    Universita` degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza
    Dipartimento di Informatica
    Via Salaria 113 (III piano), I-00198 Roma, Italy
    Tel:  +39 06 4991-8426, Fax: +39 06 8541842
    email: [email-masked]
    web:   http://icgt2004.dsi.uniroma1.it

Satellite events.

For most of the following satellite events, the submission of contributions
is still open. Please, check the relevant dates on the corresponding web
pages.

GRA-TRA TUTORIAL
Tutorial on Foundations and Applications of Graph Transformation
Date:  Sept. 28 (afternoon)
Organizers, contact and further information:
Luciano Baresi (Milano, Italy, [email-masked]),
Reiko Heckel (Paderborn, Germany, [email-masked])
http://www.upb.de/cs/ag-engels/Conferences/ICGT04/Tutorial

DNA & GRA-TRA 2004
Tutorial on DNA Computing and Graph Transformation
Date:  Sept. 28 (all day)
Organizers: Tero Harju (Turku, Finland), Ion Petre (Turku, Findland),
Grzegorz Rozenberg (Leiden, The Netherlands)
Contact and further information: [email-masked]
http://users.utu.fi/harju/tutorial.htm

PNGT 2004
Workshop on Petri Nets and Graph Transformations
Date:  Oct. 2
Organizers: Grzegorz Rozenberg (Leiden, The Netherlands),
Hartmut Ehrig (Berlin, Germany), Julia Padberg (Berlin, Germany)
Contact and further information: [email-masked]

TERMGRAPH 2004
International Workshop on Term Graph Rewriting
Date:  Oct. 2
Organizers, contact and further information:
Maribel Fernandez (London, UK, [email-masked]),
Andrea Corradini (Pisa, Italy, [email-masked])
http://www.dcs.kcl.ac.uk/staff/maribel/TERMGRAPH.html

GraBaTs 2004
International Workshop on Graph-Based Tools
Date:  Oct. 2
Organizers: Tom Mens (Brussels, Belgium), Andy Schuerr (Munich, Germany),
Gabriele Taentzer (Berlin, Germany)
Contact and further information: [email-masked]
http://tfs.cs.tu-berlin.de/grabats

LOGIC, GRAPH TRANSFORMATIONS, FINITE AND INFINITE STRUCTURES
Workshop with invited lectures and short contributions
Date:  Oct. 1 (morning) - Oct. 2
Organizers: Bruno Courcelle (Bordeaux, France), David Janin (Bordeaux, France)
Contact and further information: [email-masked]
http://www.labri.fr/Perso/~courcell/LogicIcgt.html

SETra 2004
2nd Workshop on Software Evolution through Transformations:
Model-based vs. Implementation-level Solutions
Date:  Oct. 2
Organizers: Reiko Heckel (Paderborn, Germany), Tom Mens (Brussels, Belgium)
Contact and further information: [email-masked]
http://www.upb.de/cs/ag-engels/Conferences/ICGT04/SET04/