Subject: categories: Quick surveys of categorical logic

From: Colin McLarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 13:45:55 -0400

For a philosophy article I need one or two comprehensive references to
categorical logic, especially emphasizing the array of doctrines.  I mean,
from algebraic theories to left exact theories to coherent theories and such.

I have hundreds of references.  I need one or two.  Very quick surveys are
fine for this, even preferable.  What is there?

best, Colin

---

From: Robert Seely <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 17:29:20 -0400 (EDT)

An old but still useful reference is Kock & Reyes' article in the Handbook of
Mathematical Logic (of course, for a mid-70's paper, it's a bit dated by
now!).  Phil Scott has written some more recent ones, including "Some
Aspects of Categories in Computer Science (Survey Article on Categorical
Logic)" and "Category Theory for Linear Logicians" (with R. Blute),
available on his website (he can provide the pub refs).

-= rags =-

--
<[email-masked]>
<www.math.mcgill.ca/rags>