Subject: categories: SOS2004: Call for Participation

From: [email-masked]
Date: 27 Jul 2004 11:18:57 +0100

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

	       Structural Operational Semantics

       http://www.cs.auc.dk/~luca/SOS-WORKSHOP/

          A Satellite Workshop of CONCUR 2004
        30 August, 2004, London, United Kingdom

EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE: 30th July 2004. Please refer to
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/concur2004/registrationindex.html

STUDENT GRANT DEADLINE: 6th August 2004. Please see below.

The SOS workshop aims to be a forum for researchers, students 
and practitioners interested in new developments and directions 
for future investigation in the field of structural operational 
semantics. One of the specific goals of the workshop is 
to establish synergies between the concurrency and programming 
language communities working on the theory and practice of SOS. 

The workshop will also mark the publication of a special issue of 
the Journal of Logic and Algebraic Programming, devoted to SOS. 
Together with original research papers on SOS, this special issue 
will feature a definitive version of Gordon Plotkin's 1981 DAIMI memo 
on SOS, together with a piece by Plotkin on the origins of SOS. 

Preliminary Scientific Programme:

* Andrew Pitts:  Equivariant and Nominal SOS (invited talk)  
* David Sands  Representing and Manipulating Contexts: a Tool for 
    Operational Reasoning (tutorial)   
* Matthias Mann  Congruence of Bisimulation in a Non-Deterministic 
    Call-By-Need Lambda Calculus   
* Bartek Klin Congruence Formats from Bialgebraic Semantics   
* Rob van Glabbeek  The Meaning of Negative Premises: Part II 
   (tutorial)
* Olivier Tardieu A Deterministic Logical Semantics for Esterel  
* Peter Mosses  Modular Structural Operational Semantics   
* Marija Kulas   Toward the Concept of Backtracking Computation   
* Ralf Laemmel  Evolution Scenarios for Language-based Functionality  

Sponsorship: 

The workshop is partly sponsored by the Engineering and Physical 
Sciences Research Council (EPSRC). 

Student Grants: 

Thanks to the support of the EPSRC, we have fifteen small grants
available to the U.K.-based PhD students to attend the SOS workshop.
A typical grant will cover the costs of travel and subsistence, and 
in special cases the accommodation for one night in London. Full
details on how to apply will soon appear on the workshop Web pages
but, in short, if you are a PhD student researching at the U.K.-based 
academic institution, you can apply for the grant by emailing 
Irek Ulidowski (iu3 AT mcs.le.ac.uk) the following information:

1. Full name
2. Affiliation
3. Topic of research
4. Supervisor's details
5. Estimate of cost of travel and accommodation (if really necessary)
6. Short statement on how the SOS Workshop will benefit your
   present and future research

We also recommend that you supply us with a short supporting letter 
from your supervisor. 

The student GRANT DEADLINE is 6th August 2004.
   
Please, copy your email to Luca Aceto (luca AT cs.auc.dk) and
Wan Fokkink (wan AT cwi.nl).

Program Committee:

Luca Aceto (BRICS, Aalborg, Denmark, co-chair)
Wan Fokkink (CWI, The Netherlands, co-chair)
Rob van Glabbeek (NICTA, Sydney, Australia)
Ralf Laemmel (CWI, The Netherlands)
Peter Mosses (BRICS, Aarhus, Denmark)
David Sands (Chalmers, Sweden)
Alex Simpson (Edinburgh, United Kingdom)
Simone Tini (Insubria, Italy)
Irek Ulidowski (Leicester, United Kingdom, co-chair)
Erik de Vink (Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

Organizing Committee:

Luca Aceto, email: luca AT cs.auc.dk,
    (BRICS, Aalborg, Denmark)
Wan Fokkink, email:  wan AT cwi.nl, 
    (CWI, The Netherlands)
Irek Ulidowski, email iu3 AT mcs.le.ac.uk
    (Leicester, United Kingdom)