Subject: categories: Domains VII (call for participation)

From: Thomas Streicher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 10:43:44 +0200 (CEST)

Call for Participation

                        DOMAINS VII

             Darmstadt, August 29 - September 2, 2004

The WORKSHOP DOMAINS series is aimed at computer scientists and
mathematicians alike who share an interest in the mathematical
foundations of computation. It focuses on domains, their applications
and related topics.

The series was conceived and first realised by Klaus Keimel in
Darmstadt in 1994. This seventh workshop returns to Darmstadt on
the occasion of his 65th birthday.

LOCATION

The Workshop will take place at Technische Universitaet Darmstadt
located in the centre of the city of Darmstadt:

       Hochschulstrasse 1 (Altes Hauptgebaeude)
       Room S1 03/123

See:   www.tu-darmstadt.de/lageplaene/
       follow the links ``Stadtmitte'', ``Abschnitt S1'', in particular
       www.tu-darmstadt.de/lageplaene/darmstadt/stadtmitte/s1.tud

WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

August 29 is the arrival day and September 2 departure day.
There will be a barbecue at 6 pm on Sunday 29. Thus, plan to arrive in
good time.

The talks will take place from 9am on Monday, August 30, until 5pm on
Wednesday, September 1.

PARTICIPATION

If you would like to participate in the workshop, please
send a message to

         [email-masked]

It may still be possible to accommodate a few more talks. Please send
us title and abstract if you would like to speak.

ACCOMODATION

Participants will have to arrange accommodation by
themselves. For hotel reservations go to

  www.proregio-darmstadt.de/tagungen/tagungen.asp\\
  phone ++49 6151 132782
  fax   ++49 6151 132783

There you will find a link for our Workshop Domains 7; on the workshop
page follow the link for reservation (=``Buchung''). A certain
number of rooms in several hotels are available for participants of the
Workshop. They are guaranteed until July 15. But reservation will still
be possible later (don't be disturbed by the misleading text at the
bottom of the booking). If you go to

  www.proregio-darmstadt.de/uebernachten/hotel.asp

you will find a list of hotels. Closest to the University you have
  Bockshaut, Ernst Ludwig, Zentral Hotel, Alpha-City-Hotel, Best
  Western Parkhaus Hotel, Pallas Hotel, Zum Rosengarten, Ibis, Etap
  (ordered roughly with respect to closeness to the University.)
You can in any case contact the hotels directly, if you prefer.

If you have problems with arranging accomodation, please contact

             [email-masked]

FEES

 The Workshop is organized without institutional financial
support. There will be a registration fee of 50 Euros to covering
expenses to be paid in cash at registration. (Students need not pay
this fee.)

Programme and organizing committee

Achim Jung          University of Birmingham
Klaus Keimel        Technische Universitaet Darmstadt
Thomas Streicher    Technische Universitaet Darmstadt

INVITED SPEAKERS

P.-L. Curien    PPS, CNRS, University Paris 7, France
                  Sequentiality : A Survey
Yu.L. Ershov    Sib. Branch of the Russian Academy of Science,
                Novosibirsk, Russia
                  Two right topologies for spectral theory of
                  semitopological semilattices
J.D. Lawson     Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, USA
                  Sober spaces: some old and some new
M. Mislove      Tulane University, New Orleans, USA
                  Probability and Domain Theory
J.-E. Pin       LIAFA, CNRS, University Paris 7, France
                  Topological methods in automata theory
D.S. Scott      Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA
                  Domains and Logic (Tentative title)

CONTRIBUTED TALKS (subject to changements)

A. Bauer        University of Ljubljana, Slowenia
                  Synthetic Proof of Kreisel-Lacombe-Shoenfield
                  Theorem
Ch. Berline     PPS, CNRS, Universit\'e Paris 7, France
                  The graph semantics of lambda-calculus, or:
                  The power set domain in its full lambda-glory
Yixiang Chen    Shanghai Teachers University, Shanghai, China
                  Interval-valued CCS
M. Droste       Universitaet Leipzig, Germany
                  Almost any domain is universal
A. Edalat       Imperial College, London, England
                  Inverse and Implicit Function Theorems:
                  A Domain-theoretic Treatment
M. Escardo      University of Birmingham, England
                  Finitary approximations of Markov processes
R. Heckmann     AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH, Saarbruecken, Germany
                  A cartesian closed category containing the
                  category of locales
M. Huth         Imperial College, London, England
                  A domain for refinement of modal transition
                  systems
Hui Kou         Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
                  Constructing semantic domains by fixed ponits of
                  self-maps
A. Jung         University of Birmingham, England
                  Domain environments for real numbers
Jihua Liang     Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
                  Convex Powerdomains and Vietoris Spaces
T. Loew         Technische Universitaet Darmstadt, Germany
                  A universal model for an infinitary CPS target language
J. Marcial      University of Birmingham, England
                  Semantics of a sequential language for exact real-number
                  computation
A. Moshier      Chapman University, California, USA
                  Gelfand Duality for Stably Compact Spaces
P. Maneggia     University of Birmingham, England
                  Domain theoretical models of linear polymorphism
J. Paseka       University of Brno, Tcheque Republic
                  Points in quantales and cm-lattices
A. Schalk       University of Manchester, England
                  Concrete data structures as games
V. Schmitt      University of Leicester, England
                  Flatness, preorders and general metric spaces
V. Selivanov    Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Sciences,
                Novosibirsk, Russia
                  Variations on wadge reducibility
D. Spreen       Universitaet Siegen, Germany
                  Domains with approximation structure and their
                  canonical quasi-metrics
H. Tsuiki       Kyoto University, Japan
                  Topological dimension of domain environments
P. Waszkiewicz  Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
                  A domain-theoretic metrization theorem