Subject: categories: UNILOG'05 - Montreux

From: "COSTA LEITE Alexandre" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:15:40 +0200

************************************************************************
************************************************************************
*******************
1st World Congress and School on Universal Logic (UNILOG 2005)
http://www.uni-log.org <http://www.uni-log.org/>  
Montreux - Switzerland, School :  March 26-30 ; Congress : March 31 -
April 3, 2005 

This event will focus on: 

1) Techniques that can be used for a general theory of logics (Labelled
deductive systems, Kripke structures, Logical matrices, etc.) ; 

2) Studies  of classes of logics (Substructural logics, Non monotonic
logics, Paraconsistent logics, etc.) 

3) Scope of validity and domain of application of fundamental theorems
of logic (Completeness, Deduction, Cut-elimination, etc.)

4) Philosophical considerations about the nature of logic and the
universality of some logical laws or axioms 

The school is intended for advanced students and young researchers.
There will be about 20 tutorials on many subjects: combination of
logics, multiple conclusion logic, combinatory logic, logics and games,
abstract model theory, logic as language vs. logic as calculus,
category theory for logics, etc.

Invited speakers of the congress will include A.Avron, D.Batens,
J.Corcoran, M.Dunn, D.Gabbay, R.Jansana, A.Koslow, V.de Paiva,
K.Segerberg.

Contributed papers for the congress can be submitted before October 30,
2004. 

More information on the website:  http://www.uni-log.org
<http://www.uni-log.org/> 

************************************************************************
********************************************************************