Subject: categories: CMCIM 2004 Workshop: Final Call for (Short) Papers and Participation

From: Thomas Hildebrandt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:55:31 +0200

FINAL CALL FOR (Short) PAPERS AND PARTICIPATION (Deadline July 1st):

3rd WORKSHOP ON:
CATEGORICAL METHODS FOR CONCURRENCY,
INTERACTION AND MOBILITY (CMCIM 2004),
AUGUST 11, 2004
(www.itu.dk/research/theory/ctcs2004/cmcim.html)

IT University of Copenhagen (ITU)
Copenhagen, Denmark
www.itu.dk

- affiliated with the 10th conference in Category Theory and Computer  
Science (CTCS 2004) ,August 12th-14th,
and Graduate Student Summer School in Category Theory and Computer  
Science, August 9th-11th.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
------------------------------------------
NEW:
- Extended workshop submission deadline: July 1st
- Accepted papers and abstracts for invited talks for CTCS available at  
  www.itu.dk/research/theory/ctcs2004/
------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
-------------------------------------------

We invite submissions of short, extended abstracts (less than 5 pages)  
for an informal half-day workshop on Categorical Methods in  
Concurrency, Interaction and Mobility. The workshop has previously been  
held in connection with CONCUR 2002 and CONCUR 2003.

There will be no formal proceedings of the workshop, informal  
proceedings will be distributed at the workshop.
Thus, accepted material may be published elsewhere at a later date.

Submissions may present status reports, recent results, challenges, or  
work in progress

Topics of interest include:

    •      categorical algebras of processes
    •      categorical methods in game semantics and geometry of interaction
    •      categorical models of term/graph rewriting or rewriting logic
    •      Chu spaces
    •      coalgebras, bialgebras, coinduction
    •      comparing models of concurrency
    •      enriched categories of processes
    •      interaction categories
    •      bigraphs
    •      presheaf semantics

Workshop PARTICIPATION IS FREE, but REQUIRES REGISTRATION before 1st of  
July, by SENDING AN EMAIL to [email-masked], containing  
`CMCIM2004-registration' in the subject, and your full name and  
affiliation in the body.

Submissions should be sent before July 1st, as PostScript or PDF file  
to: [email-masked], containing `CMCIM-submission' in the subject, and in  
the body the full names of the author(s), title, and a text-only  
abstract.

CMCIM 2004 Workshop Organizers:

Thomas Hildebrandt
Alexander Kurz

More information and registration at:
http://www.itu.dk/research/theory/ctcs2004/cmcim.html

---------------------------------------

SPONSORSHIP

The conference and summer school are APPSEM-II events, and are as the  
workshop
sponsored by the FIRST graduate school (www.first.dk) and the
Department of Theoretical Computer Science at IT University of  
Copenhagen
(http://www.itu.dk/Internet/sw648.asp).