Subject: categories: CFP: CMCIM 2004, WORKSHOP ON CATEGORICAL METHODS FOR CONCURRENCY, INTERACTION AND MOBILITY

From: Thomas Hildebrandt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 18:33:03 +0200

CALL FOR PAPERS AND PARTICIPATION:

3rd WORKSHOP ON:
CATEGORICAL METHODS FOR CONCURRENCY,
INTERACTION AND MOBILITY (CMCIM 2004),
AUGUST 11, 2004

affiliated with the 10th conference in Category Theory and Computer  
Science (CTCS 2004) ,August 12th-14th,
and Graduate Student Summer School in Category Theory and Computer  
Science, August 9th-11th.

IT University of Copenhagen (ITU)
Copenhagen, Denmark

www.itu.dk/research/theory/ctcs2004/cmcim.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
---

Important Dates:

* June 21st, 2001:  Submission of abstracts for CMCIM Workshop
* July 1st, 2004:  CTCS Registration (and special hotel rates) deadline

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
----

Just before the CTCS 2004 conference, August 11th, there will be an  
informal
half-day workshop on Categorical Methods in Concurrency, Interaction  
and Mobility.

The workshop has previously been held in connection with CONCUR 2002  
and CONCUR 2003.

We invite submissions of extended abstracts (less than 5 pages),  
presenting status reports,
recent results, challenges or work in progress.

There will be no formal proceedings of the workshop, informal  
proceedings will be distributed at the workshop.
Thus, accepted material may be published elsewhere at a later date.

Topics of interest include:

    •      categorical algebras of processes
    •      categorical methods in game semantics and geometry of interaction
    •      categorical models of term/graph rewriting or rewriting logic
    •      Chu spaces
    •      coalgebras, bialgebras, coinduction
    •      comparing models of concurrency
    •      enriched categories of processes
    •      interaction categories
    •      bigraphs
    •      presheaf semantics

Workshop participation is free, but requires registration before 1st of  
July, by sending an email to [email-masked], containing  
`CMCIM2004-registration' in the subject, and your full name and  
affiliation in the body.

Submissions should be sent before 21th of June, as PostScript files to:  
[email-masked], containing `CMCIM-submission' in the subject, and in the  
body the full names of the author(s), title, and a text-only abstract.

CMCIM 2004 Workshop Organizers:

Thomas Hildebrandt
Alexander Kurz

More information and registration at:
http://www.itu.dk/research/theory/ctcs2004/cmcim.html

---------------------------------------

SPONSORSHIP

The conference and summer school are APPSEM-II events, and are as the  
workshop
sponsored by the FIRST graduate school (www.first.dk) and the
Department of Theoretical Computer Science at the IT University of  
Copenhagen
(http://www.itu.dk/Internet/sw648.asp).