Subject: categories: CT04 Abstracts and Early Registration

From: John MacDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 22:25:07 -0700 (PDT)

FIFTH ANNOUNCEMENT

                INTERNATIONAL CATEGORY THEORY CONFERENCE (CT04)

                                July 18-24, 2004

                        University of British Columbia
                             Vancouver, Canada

   This conference will be held on the University of British Columbia
campus. It will begin with a reception at 6pm on Sunday July 18, 2004, and
will end at 1pm on Saturday July 24, 2004. All those interested in
category theory and its applications are welcome.

Information about deadlines for abstracts, registration and accommodation
may be found at the end of this letter as well as on the conference website
http://www.pims.math.ca/science/2004/CT04

If you think that you will attend or may attend, and have not previously
made any indication of this to the organizer, then please send a note to
[email-masked] with the words "will attend" or "may attend", as
appropriate. The issue involved here is whether the PIMS new lecture
room can be used for the talks or whether something bigger will have
to be booked.

Some important deadlines are as follows:

Abstracts - May 31, 2004. If you would like to give a talk at the
conference, then please send in a short abstract of length about
half a page but not longer than one page. Please submit this on
the form from the conference website

http://www.pims.math.ca/science/2004/CT04/abstracts.html

Due to the potentially large number of submissions it may not be possible
to reserve a place on the program for all those who submit an abstract.

Registration Deposit or Early Registration payment - May 31, 2004
Please see the website

http://www.pims.math.ca/science/2004/CT04/registration.html

It is possible to make payment by bank transfer in addition to the option
of payment by cheque. Details of the address and account number can be
supplied on request.

Accommodation - June 18, 2004. After this date the block of rooms
reserved for CT04 will be released to the general public, although
reservations can still be made if space is available. Early booking is
recommended, especially for those with accompanying persons.

Extra spaces for the excursion or banquet for accompanying persons -
June 30, 2004. The opening reception, excursion and banquet for delegates
is included in the conference fee as well as morning and afternoon coffee
breaks, lecture room rentals and other miscellaneous conference expenses.
Accommodation and meals are not included in the fee.

CT04 Advisory Committee:

Jiri Adamek, University of Braunschweig, Germany
Michael Barr, McGill University, Canada
Eduardo Dubuc, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Marco Grandis, University of Genoa, Italy
George Janelidze, Capetown, South Africa
Michael Johnson, Macquarie University, Australia
P. T. Johnstone, Cambridge University, UK
F. W. Lawvere, University at Buffalo, USA
J. MacDonald, University of British Columbia, Canada
S. Niefield, Union College, USA
T. Porter, University of Wales, UK
Jiri Rosicky, Masaryk University, Czech Republic
Phil Scott, University of Ottawa, Canada
Robert Seely, McGill University, Canada
Art Stone, Vancouver, Canada
Ross Street, Macquarie University, Australia
Enrico Vitale, Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Walter Tholen, York University, Canada
R. J. Wood, Dalhousie University, Canada

   This conference is being organized with help from the Pacific
Institute of Mathematics(PIMS) and the UBC Conference Centre.

John MacDonald, Vancouver