Subject: categories: UNIF 2004 workshop @ IJCAR : extended deadline

From: Ralf Treinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 11:37:33 +0200

Call for Papers/Abstracts/System descriptions
     ***** Deadline extentended until Friday, Mai 21 *******
                              UNIF 2004
               18th International Workshop on Unification
                  July 4-5, 2004, Cork,  Ireland
                      Affiliated with IJCAR'04

         http://www.faculty.iu-bremen.de/mkohlhase/event/unif04/

UNIF is the main international meeting on unification. Unification is
concerned with the problem of identifying given terms, either
syntactically or modulo a given logical theory. Syntactic unification
is the basic operation of most automated reasoning systems, and
unification modulo theories can be used, for instance, to build in
special equational theories into theorem provers.

The aim of UNIF 2004, as that of the previous meetings, is to to bring
together people interested in unification, present recent (even
unfinished) work, and discuss new ideas and trends in unification and
related fields. In particular, it is intended to offer a good
opportunity for young researches and researchers working in related
areas to get an overview of the current state of the art in
unification theory and get in contact with the experts in the field.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
TOPICS OF INTEREST
----------------------------------------------------------------------
A non-exclusive list of topics of interest is:

    * Unification
          * E-unification
          * Unification Algorithms 
          * Higher-Order Unification 
          * String Unification 
          * Context Unification 
          * Combination problems 
          * Disunification 
          * Typed Unification
    * Related Topics
          * Constraint Solving 
          * Tree Descriptions 
          * Matching 
          * Narrowing
    * Applications
          * Type Checking and Type Inference 
          * Automated Deduction 
          * Rewriting 
          * Functional and Logic Programming 
          * Grammars 
          * Computational Linguistics
    * Implementations

----------------------------------------------------------------------
INVITED SPEAKERS
----------------------------------------------------------------------

There will be two invited speakers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DATES
----------------------------------------------------------------------

  NEW: Deadline for electronic submission: Friday, May 21, 2004
  Email:                                   [email-masked]
  Notification of acceptance:              Monday, May 24, 2004
  Deadline for camera-ready papers:        Monday, June 7, 2004
  Workshop:                                July 4 - 5, 2004

----------------------------------------------------------------------
SUBMISSION DETAILS
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors are invited to submit via email an abstract (1-5 pages), a
paper (no longer than 15 pages), or a system description (no more than
5 pages) in Postscript or PDF format to:

[email-masked]

before May 14, 2004.

Authors are encouraged to use LaTeX2e and the Springer llncs class.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
PUBLICATION
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Accepted papers, abstracts and system descriptions will be included in the
proceedings which will be available at the workshop.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Michael Kohlhase        (International University Bremen, Germany)
    Hitoschi Ohsaki         (National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science 
                             and Technology, Amagasaki, Japan)
    Steve Prestwich         (Universtity College, Cork, Ireland)
    Ralf Treinen            (Ecole Normale Superieure, Cachan, France)
    Manfred Schmidt-Schauss (Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universit"at Frankfurt am Main, Germany)
-- 
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Spécification et Vérification
CNRS & École Normale Supérieure de Cachan
http://www.lsv.ens-cachan.fr/~treinen