Subject: categories: FMCS 2004

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 18:12:20 -0600 (MDT)

Final announcement for FMCS 2004:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

     FFFFFFF  M    M   CCC   SSS
     F        MM  MM  C     S
     FFFFF    M MM M  C      SSS
     F        M    M  C         S
     F        M    M   CCC   SSS          2004 (CALGARY)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~robin/FMCS/FMCS_04/index.html
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This year's meeting on Foundational Methods in Computer Science (FMCS
2004) will be hosted by the Programming Languages Group at the University
of Calgary, June 4th -- June 6th and will be held at the Kananaskis Field
Station.

Next years meeting will be in Vancouver at UBC.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOUNDATIONAL METHODS IN COMPUTER SCIENCE

The workshop is an informal meeting to bring together researchers in
mathematics and computer science with a focus on the applications of
category theory in computer science.  It is a three day meeting,
June 4th-6th which includes tutorials by:

      -- Andrea Schalk: Double Gluing
      -- Pieter Hofstra: Realizability
      -- Phil Scott: Geometry of Interaction
      -- Ernie Manes: Guarded Semigroups

and has two days of contributed research talks.

If you wish to participate please let us know before 21st May 2004.
If, in addition, you wish to give a presentation you must provide an abstract and
title to Robin Cockett or Craig Pastro (see e-mail address below) before
Friday 21st May (although we appreciate notification on this as early as
possible). Student participation at FMCS is particularly encouraged.

__________________________________________________________
Organizer: Robin Cockett (robin at cpsc.ucalgary.ca)
Local organizer: Craig Pastro (pastroc at cpsc.ucalgary.ca)