Subject: categories: CF Participation: CTCS Conference and Summer School

From: Thomas Hildebrandt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 18:11:50 +0200

-CALL FOR PARTICIPATION-CALL FOR PARTICIPATION-CALL FOR PARTICIPATION-

                           --- APPSEM II ---

                          10th CONFERENCE ON
               CATEGORY THEORY AND COMPUTER SCIENCE (CTCS'04)
                            AUGUST 12-14, 2004

                                   AND

                    GRADUATE STUDENT SUMMER SCHOOL
                             AUGUST 9-11, 2004

                                   AND

             3rd WORKSHOP ON CATEGORICAL METHODS FOR CONCURRENCY,
                    INTERACTION AND MOBILITY (CMCIM 2004)
                              AUGUST 11, 2004

                    IT University of Copenhagen (ITU)
                           Copenhagen, Denmark
                   www.itu.dk/research/theory/ctcs2004/

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
---

Important Dates:

    April 16th, 2004: CTCS Submission deadline (closed)
    June 1st, 2004:  CTCS Notification of authors of accepted papers
    June 21st, 2001:  Submission of abstracts for CMCIM Workshop
    July 1st, 2004:  CTCS Registration (and special hotel rates) deadline

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 
----

CTCS'04 is the 10th Conference on Category Theory and Computer Science,
with the purpose to advance the foundations of computing using the  
tools of category theory.

Invited Speakers for the CTCS 2004 Conference:

      * Francois Bergeron (Quebéc)
      * Martin Hyland (Cambridge)
      * Robin Milner (Cambridge)
      * Andrew Pitts (Cambridge)
      * Thomas Streicher (Darmstadt)

Typical topics at CTCS include category-theoretic aspects of the  
following:

coalgebras and computing
concurrent and distributed systems
constructive mathematics
declarative programming and term rewriting
domain theory and topology
foundations of computer security
linear logic
modal and temporal logics
models of computation
program logics, data refinement, and specification
programming language semantics
type theory

Previous conferences have been held in Guildford (Surrey), Edinburgh  
(twice),
Manchester, Paris, Amsterdam, Cambridge, S. Margherita Ligure (Genova),  
and
Ottawa.

More information and registration form at:
http://www.itu.dk/research/theory/ctcs2004/

----------------------------------------------------------------------

CTCS 2004 PhD SUMMER SCHOOL

The summer school is aimed at both graduate and undergraduate students,  
with basic
knowledge of category theory. The school will offer mini-courses (5  
lectures each) in:

      * Stone Duality, Coalgebras, and Modal Logic (Alexander Kurz)
      * Game Semantics (Guy McCusker)
      * Operational Semantics (Pawel Sobocinski)
      * Categorical Models for Concurrency (Thomas Hildebrandt)

More information and registration at:
http://www.itu.dk/research/theory/ctcs2004/summerschool.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------

CMCIM 2004 WORKSHOP

In between the summer school and the CTCS conference, August 11th,
there will be an informal half-day workshop on Categorical Methods in
Concurrency, Interaction and Mobility.

The workshop has previously been held in connection with
CONCUR 2002 and CONCUR 2003.

We invite submissions of extended abstracts (less than 5 pages),
presenting status reports, recent results, challenges or work in
progress. There will be no formal proceedings of the workshop,
informal proceedings will be distributed at the workshop. Thus,
accepted material may be published elsewhere at a later date.

Workshop participation is FREE, but requires registration before 1st
of July. Submissions should be sent before 21th of June.

More information and registration at:
http://www.itu.dk/research/theory/ctcs2004/summerschool.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Organisation:

CTCS 2004 PROGRAMME COMMITTEE:

Lars Birkedal, Chair (IT University of Copenhagen)
Marcelo Fiore (University of Cambridge)
Masahito Hasegawa (Kyoto University)
Bart Jacobs (University of Nijmegen)
Ugo Montanari (University of Pisa)
Valeria de Paiva (Palo Alto Research Center)
Dusko Pavlovic (Kestrel Institute)
John Power (University of Edinburgh)
Edmund Robinson (Queen Mary, University of London)
Peter Selinger (University of Ottawa)

CTCS ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

E. Moggi, Chair, (Genova)
S. Abramsky (Oxford)
P. Dybjer (Chalmers)
B. Jay (Sydney)
A. Pitts (Cambridge)

CTCS 2004 LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

C. Butz
T. Hildebrandt
A.L. Moerk

CMCIM 2004 Workshop Organizers:

Thomas Hildebrandt
Alexander Kurz

---------------------------------------

SPONSORSHIP

The conference and summer school are APPSEM-II events,
sponsored by the FIRST graduate school (www.first.dk) and the
Department of Theoretical Computer Science at the IT University of  
Copenhagen
(http://www.itu.dk/Internet/sw648.asp).