Subject: categories: International Category Theory Conference(CT04)

From: John MacDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:58:50 -0800 (PST)

THIRD ANNOUNCEMENT

                INTERNATIONAL CATEGORY THEORY CONFERENCE (CT04)

                                July 18-24, 2004

                        University of British Columbia
                             Vancouver, Canada

   This conference will be held on the University of British Columbia
campus. It will begin with a reception at 6pm on Sunday July 18, 2004, and
will end at 1pm on Saturday July 24, 2004. All those interested in
category theory and its applications are welcome.

   The CT04 website is http://www.pims.math.ca/science/2004/CT04
You will find all information about Registration and Accommodation
there, as well as a link to Visitor Information.

   Currently we are trying to make a preliminary estimate of the
number of people who will be attending the conference for the purpose of
booking lecture rooms and in order to provide an estimate to catering
services.  If you will or may attend and have not already indicated this
to me by email, then please send a note to [email-masked]
with the words "will attend" or "may attend", as appropriate.

Some important deadlines are as follows:

Graduate student requests for support of accommodation costs - March
15, 2004. A maximum of 5 such requests will be granted. Note that PIMS
has no other support available to anyone for accommodation, registration
or travel.

Abstracts - May 31, 2004. Please use the form from the website.

Registration Deposit or Early Registration payment - May 31, 2004

Accommodation - June 18, 2004. After this date the block of rooms
reserved for CT04 will be released to the general public, although
reservations can still be made if space is available. Early booking is
recommended, especially for those with accompanying persons.

Extra spaces for the excursion or banquet for accompanying persons -
June 30, 2004. The excursion and banquet for delegates is included in the
conference fee.

CT04 Advisory Committee:

Jiri Adamek, Braunschweig
Michael Barr, Montreal
Eduardo Dubuc, Buenos Aires
Marco Grandis, Genoa
George Janelidze, Capetown
Michael Johnson, Sydney
P. T. Johnstone, Cambridge
F. W. Lawvere, Buffalo
S. Niefield, Schenectady
T. Porter, Bangor
Jiri Rosicky, Brno
Phil Scott, Ottawa
Robert Seely, Montreal
Art Stone, Vancouver
Ross Street, Sydney
Enrico Vitale, Louvain
Walter Tholen, Toronto
R. J. Wood, Halifax

   This conference is being organized with the help of the Pacific
Institute of Mathematics(PIMS}. Please let me know of any errors,
omissions or suggestions for changes that you may have.

John MacDonald, Vancouver