Subject: categories: IFIP TCS 2004

From: Jean-Jacques Levy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:04:22 +0100

Dear colleague,

please notice the deadline for paper submissions of IFIP TCS 2004 has
been redefined. Best regards, -JJ-
----------------------------------------------------------------

                    3RD CALL FOR PAPERS -- TCS 2004

	   3rd IFIP International Conference on Theoretical
	  Computer Science (Foundations of Global Computing)
                  August 23-26, 2004, Toulouse, France

                URL: http://jeanjacqueslevy.net/TCS2004

TCS2004 will be held as part of the IFIP 2004 World Computer Congress.

TCS2004 will be composed of two distinct, but interrelated tracks:
   Track 1  Algorithms, Complexity and Models of Computation,
   Track 2  Logic, Semantics, Specification and Verification.

Submissions are limited to 14 A4 pages, in 11 point or larger font,
LNCS style. The Proceedings will be published by Kluwer, the official
publisher of IFIP.  For detailed information, please visit the web
site.

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission: March 31, 2004 <--------------- NEW DATE
Notification: April 21, 2004

Given the very short delay between the dates for submission and for
notification of acceptance, authors are asked to submit final versions
of their articles. Authors are strongly encouraged to submit papers
before the deadline for submission.

The IFIP TCS2004 conference is sponsored by IFIP TC1 on Foundations of
Computer Science in cooperation with SIGACT, EATCS and INRIA. The IFIP
World Computer Congress has 60 grants of 500 euros each which can be
awarded to students presenting a paper at one of the congress event.

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

Track 1:
-------
Farid Ablayev, State University, Kazan
Hagit Attiya, The Technion
Sorin Istrail, Celera Genomics
Stefano Leonardi, Universita di Roma
Maurice Margenstern, Université de Metz
Ernt Mayr, Technische Universität München (chair)
Satoru Miyano, University of Tokyo
Jean-Eric Pin, LIAFA, CNRS
Nicola Santoro, Carleton University
Thomas Schwentick, Philipps-Universität Marburg
Sandeep Sen, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Subhash Suri, University of California Santa Barbara
Osamu Watanabe, Tokyo Institute of Technology

Track 2:
-------
Roberto Amadio, Université de Provence
Luca Cardelli, Microsoft Research Cambridge
Giuseppe Castagna, École Normale Supérieure
Hubert Comon-Lundh, École Normale Supérieure de Cachan
Adriana Compagnoni, Stevens Institute of Technology
Drew Dean, SRI
Marcelo Fiore, University of Cambridge
Giorgio Ghelli, Università di Pisa
Martin Hofmann, Universität München
Alan Jeffrey, DePaul University
Bruce Kapron, University of Victoria
Orna Kupferman, Hebrew University
John Mitchell, Stanford University, (chair)
George Necula, University of California Berkeley
Catuscia Palamidessi, INRIA Futurs
Martin Rinard, MIT
Davide Sangiorgi, University of Bologna
Vladimiro Sassone, University of Sussex
Vitaly Shmatikov, SRI
Martin Wirsing, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität

LIST OF AREAS

Track 1 (Algorithms, Complexity and Models of Computation): Analysis
and design of algorithms, Automata and formal languages, Cellular
automata and systems, Combinatorial, graph and optimization
algorithms, Computational and mathematical finance, Computational
learning theory, Continuous algorithms and complexity, Computational
complexity, Computational geometry, Cryptography, Distributed
computing, Descriptional complexity, Evolutionary and genetic
computing, Experimental algorithms, Mobile computing, Molecular
computing and algorithmic aspects of bioinformatics, Network
computing, Neural computing, Parallel and distributed algorithms,
Probabilistic and randomized algorithms, Quantum computing, Structural
information and communication complexity

Track 2 (Logic, Semantics, Specification and Verification):
Concurrency theory, Constructive and non-standard logics in computer
science, Foundations of global computing, Foundations of mobile
computing, Foundations of security, Foundations of system
specification, Foundations of wide area programming, Logic and
semantics for programs and languages, Logic, specification and
verification of hybrid and real-time systems, Proofs and
specifications in computer science, Term rewriting systems,
Theoretical aspects of software concepts, Theoretical aspects of
specification, and verification of hardware and software, Theoretical
foundations of databases, Theoretical foundations of open systems,
Theory of Internet languages and systems, Theory of parallel and
distributed systems, Type and category theory in computer science.

SPECIAL FOCUS

The IFIP TCS2004 conference will have a special focus on Foundations
of Global Computing.  Original and significant contributions on the
special focus and on foundational questions are sought from all areas
of theoretical computer science.

CONTACT

Jean-Jacques Levy
INRIA Rocquencourt
78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
France

email: [email-masked]
Tel: +33 1 39 63 56 89