Subject: categories: Workshop on Quantum Programming Languages

From: Peter Selinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 21:09:13 -0500 (EST)

CALL FOR PAPERS

     2nd International Workshop on Quantum Programming Languages
			      (QPL2004)

		   July 12-13, 2004, Turku, Finland
		      Affiliated with LICS 2004

	 http://quasar.mathstat.uottawa.ca/~selinger/qpl2004/

				* * *

  The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers working
  on mathematical formalisms and programming languages for quantum
  computing. In the last few years, there has been a growing interest
  in logical tools, languages, and semantical methods for analyzing
  quantum computation. These foundational approaches complement the
  more mainstream research in quantum computation which emphasizes
  algorithms and complexity theory.

  Possible topics include the syntax and semantics of quantum
  programming languages, new paradigms for quantum programming,
  specification of quantum algorithms, higher-order quantum
  computation, quantum data types, reversible computation, axiomatic
  approaches to quantum computation, concurrent and distributed
  quantum computation, compilation of quantum programs, semantical
  methods in quantum information theory, and categorical models for
  quantum computation.

  The first workshop in this series was held June 15-16, 2003, in
  Ottawa, Canada.

SUBMISSION PROCEDURES:

  The workshop will be a 1.5-day workshop, with some invited speakers
  and some contributed presentations. Those who wish to give a
  contributed presentation should submit a one-page abstract (or a
  full paper up to 12 pages, if available) by April 25 to
  [email-masked] (please put "workshop submission" in
  the subject line).  Authors of accepted abstracts or papers are
  invited to submit a full version (subject to a page limit, details
  to be announced) for inclusion in the workshop proceedings (to be
  distributed at the workshop) by June 7. If there is a sufficient
  number of papers, we will also arrange for them to be published as a
  volume of ENTCS, probably in association with other LICS or ICALP
  associated workshops (details to be announced).

REGISTRATION:

  Registration and local arrangements will be handled through the
  LICS 2004 main conference (http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/als/lics/lics04/).
  There will be a small fee for attending the workshop, which will
  cover lunch, coffee, and proceedings.

IMPORTANT DATES/DEADLINES:

  Submission of abstracts:		April 25, 2004
  Notification of acceptance:		May 20, 2004
  Paper for inclusion in proceedings:	June 7, 2004
  Workshop:				July 12-13, 2004

CONTACT INFORMATION:

  Organizer: Peter Selinger
  Department of Mathematics and Statistics
  University of Ottawa, Canada
  Email: [email-masked]