Subject: categories: Preprint: Inequilogical spaces, directed homology and noncommutative geometry

From: Marco Grandis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 11:08:31 +0100

The following preprint is available.
It is a sequel of my previous work on the homology of equilogical  spaces,
announced in November.

M. Grandis
Inequilogical spaces, directed homology and noncommutative geometry
Dip. Mat. Univ. Genova, Preprint 494 (2004), 22 p.

Abstract.
   We introduce a preordered version of D. Scott's equilogical spaces,
called *inequilogical spaces*, as a possible setting for Directed Algebraic
Topology. The new structure can also express 'formal quotients' of spaces,
which are not topological spaces and are of interest in noncommutative
geometry, with finer results than the ones obtained with equilogical
spaces, in a previous paper.
   This setting is compared with other structures which have been recently
used for Directed Algebraic Topology: spaces equipped with an order, or a
local order, or distinguished paths or distinguished cubes.

http://www.dima.unige.it/~grandis/pEql.pdf
http://www.dima.unige.it/~grandis/pEql.ps

________________

Marco Grandis

Dipartimento di Matematica
Universita` di Genova
via Dodecaneso 35
16146 GENOVA, Italy

e-mail: [email-masked]
tel: +39.010.353 6805   fax: +39.010.353 6752
http://www.dima.unige.it/~grandis/