Subject: categories: CMCS'04: deadline prolongation

From: Jiri Adamek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:00:23 +0100 (CET)

Excuse multiple copies
The deadline for submissions to CMCS 2004 has been prolonged to January
12. A copy of the second announcement follows:

+++++++++++++++++   SUBMISSION DEADLINE: JANUARY 12, 2004  +++++++++++++++

        +----------------------------------------------------------+
        |                                                          |
        |                                                          |
        |           7th International Workshop on                  |
        |       Coalgebraic Methods in Computer Science            |
        |                                                          |
        |                    C M C S  2004                         |
        |                                                          |
        |                                                          |
        |           Barcelona, March 27-29, 2004                   |
        |           http://www.iti.cs.tu-bs.de/~cmcs/          |
        |                                                          |
        +----------------------------------------------------------+

The workshop is held in conjunction with

                ETAPS 2004 (7th European Joint Conferences on Theory
                Theory and Practice of Software, March 27- April 4,2004)
                http://www.lsi.upc.es/etaps04/

AIMS AND SCOPE

During the last few years, it is becoming increasingly clear that a
great variety of state-based dynamical systems, like transition systems,
automata, process calculi and class-based systems can be captured uniformly
as  coalgebras. Coalgebra is developing into a field of its own interest
presenting a deep mathematical foundation, a growing field of applications
and interactions with various other fields such as reactive and interactive
system theory, object oriented and concurrent programming, formal system
specification, modal logic, dynamical systems, control systems, category
theory, algebra, analysis, etc. The aim of the workshop is to bring together
researchers with a common interest in the theory of coalgebras and its
applications.

 The topics of the workshop include, but are not limited to:
   - the theory of coalgebras (including set theoretic and categorical
     approaches);
   - coalgebras as computational and semantical models (for programming
     languages, dynamical systems, etc.);
   - coalgebras in (functional, object-oriented, concurrent) programming;
   - coalgebras and data types;
   - (coinductive) definition and proof principles for coalgebras (with
     bisimulations or invariants);
   - coalgebras and algebras;
   - coalgebraic specification and verification;
   - coalgebras and (modal) logic;
   - coalgebra and control theory (notably of discrete event and hybrid
      systems).

The workshop will provide an opportunity to present recent and ongoing
work, to meet colleagues, and to discuss new ideas and future trends.

Previous workshops of the same series have been organized in Lisbon,
Amsterdam, Berlin, Genova, Grenoble, and Warsaw. The proceedings appeared as
"Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science (ENTCS)", Volumes 11,
19, 33, 41, 65.1 and 82.1. Selected papers have been/are being published in
Theoretical Computer Science, Theoretical Informatics and
Applications, and Mathematical Structures in Computer Science.

You can get an idea of the types of papers presented at previous meetings
by looking at the tables of content of the above ENTCS volumes from these
meetings. They are available via the ENTCS page
http://www.elsevier.nl/gej-ng/31/29/23/show/Products/notes/contents.htt

PROGRAM COMMITTEE

    Jiri Adamek, chair  (Braunschweig),
    Corina Cirstea      (Southampton),
    H. Peter Gumm       (Marburg),
    Alexander Kurz      (Leicester),
    Ugo Montanari       (Pisa),
    Larry Moss          (Bloomington, IN),
    Ataru T. Nakagawa   (Tokyo),
    Dirk Pattinson      (Muenchen)
    Grigore Rosu        (Urbana, ILL),
    Jan Rutten          (Amsterdam),
    James Worrell       (New Orleans).

LOCATION

CMCS 2004 will be held in Barcelona on March 27-29, 2004.
It is a  satellite workshop of ETAPS 20034, the European Joint Conferences
on Theory and Practice of Software.
For venue, registration and suggested accommodation see the
ETAPS 2004 Web page: http://www.lsi.upc.es/etaps04/

INVITED SEPAKERS

Prakash Panangaden (McGill University, Montreal)
Alex Simpson (University of Edinburgh)

SUBMISSIONS

Submissions will be evaluated by the Program Committee for inclusion
in  the proceedings, which will be published in the ENTCS series. Papers must
contain original contribution, be clearly written, and include  appropriate
reference to and comparison with related work. Papers (of at  most 15 pages)
should be submitted electronically as PostScript files at the address
    [email-masked].
A separate message should also be sent, with a text-only
one-page abstract and with mailing addresses (both postal and
electronic), telephone number and fax number of the corresponding author.

IMPORTANT DATES

Deadline for submission:        January 12, 2004
Notification of acceptance:     February 16, 2004
Final version due:              February 30, 2004
Workshop dates:                 March 27-29, 2004

For more information, please contact:
Jiri Adamek, Technical University of Braunschweig
phone:  (0049) 5319521
fax:    (0049) 5319529
e-mail: [email-masked]

+ + +  CMCS '04  + + +  SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT  + + +  CALL FOR PAPERS    + +