Subject: categories: ETAPS 2005: CALL FOR SATELLITE EVENT PROPOSALS

From: Massimo Felici <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 16:45:35 GMT

[With apologies for multiple copies]

-------------------------------------------------------------------
          ETAPS 2005: CALL FOR SATELLITE EVENT PROPOSALS
-------------------------------------------------------------------

    ETAPS 2005

    European Joint Conferences on
    Theory And Practice of Software

    2-10 April 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

    http://www.etaps05.inf.ed.ac.uk

-- ABOUT ETAPS --

The European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software
(ETAPS) is the primary European forum for academic and industrial
researchers working on topics relating to Software Science. ETAPS
is an annual event which takes place in Europe each spring since
1998. The eighth meeting, ETAPS 2005, will take place 2-10 April
2005 in Edinburgh, Scotland, hosted by the University of
Edinburgh.

The main conferences of ETAPS are:

- FOSSACS: Foundations of Software Science and Computation
Structures
- FASE: Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering
- ESOP: European Symposium on Programming
- CC: International Conference on Compiler Construction
- TACAS: Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis
of Systems

These conferences will take place 4-8 April 2005.

-- SATELLITE EVENTS --

The ETAPS 2005 Organizing Committee invites proposals for
Satellite Events that will complement the main ETAPS conferences.
They should fall within the scope of ETAPS. This encompasses all
aspects of the system development process, including
specification, design, implementation, analysis and improvement,
as well as the languages, methodologies and tools which support
these activities, covering a spectrum from practically-motivated
theory to soundly-based practice. Satellite Events provide an
opportunity to discuss and report on emerging research
approaches and practical experience relevant to theory and
practice of software.

ETAPS 2005 Satellite Events will be held immediately before and
after the main conferences, on 2-3 and 9-10 April 2005.

-- SUBMISSION OF SATELLITE EVENT PROPOSALS --

Researchers and practitioners wishing to organise Satellite
Events are invited to submit proposals in ASCII, PDF or
Postscript format by e-mail to the Satellite Events Chair,
Massimo Felici, [email-masked]

A proposal should not exceed two pages and should include:

- Satellite Event name / acronym
- the names and contact information of the organizers
- the preferred period: 2-3 or 9-10 April
- the duration of the workshop: one-day or two-day event
- 120-word description of the workshop topic for later use in
publicity material
- a brief explanation of the workshop topic and its relevance to
ETAPS
- a schedule for paper submission, notification of acceptance,
and final versions (which should be no later than 18 February
2005)
- expected number of participants
- any other relevant information, e.g., event format, invited
speakers, publication policy, demo sessions, special space
requirements, etc.

The proposals will be evaluated by the ETAPS 2005 organizing
committee on the basis of their assessed benefit for prospective
participants to ETAPS 2005. The titles and brief information
about accepted Satellite Events will be included in the ETAPS
2005 web site, call for papers and call for participation.

Satellite Events organizers will be responsible for
- producing the event's call for papers and call for
participations
- publicising the event through specialist mailing lists etc.
to complement publicity for ETAPS as a whole
- hosting and maintaining a web site for the event
- reviewing and making acceptance decisions on submitted papers
- producing the event proceedings, if any; facilities for
printing will be made available by the ETAPS organizers
- scheduling workshop activities in consultation with the local
organizers

Prospective organizers may wish to consult the satellite events,
as examples, of ETAPS 2004: http://www.lsi.upc.es/etaps04/
and ETAPS 2003: http://www.mimuw.edu.pl/etaps03/

-- IMPORTANT DATES --

Satellite Event Proposals Deadline: 31 January 2004

Notification of acceptance: 16 February 2004

-- FURTHER INFORMATION AND ENQUIRIES --

http://www.etaps05.inf.ed.ac.uk

[email-masked]

Massimo Felici
ETAPS 2005 Satellite Events Chair

[email-masked]

-- THE HOST CITY --

One of the greenest and most beautiful cities in Europe,
Edinburgh annually attracts over 2 million visitors, not just
for its architecture, but as a city rich in social, cultural,
learning and sporting facilities. Edinburgh is a thriving
commercial and financial centre, the site of the new Scottish
Parliament and a gateway to the coastline, hills and open
country of the Scottish Highlands. Edinburgh is a beautiful,
dynamic, prosperous European city that benefits from a unique
architectural heritage and a magnificent natural setting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
you received this e-mail via the individual or collective address
[email-masked]
to unsubscribe from ETAPS list: contact [email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------