Subject: categories: CfP: ICGT 2004

From: Simeoni Marta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 18:15:34 +0100 (CET)

Please apologize if you receive multiple copies of this message.

                      CALL FOR PAPERS

                         ICGT 2004

                 2nd International Conference
                   on Graph Transformation

           Roma (Italy), September 28 - October 2, 2004

The second International Conference on Graph Transformation ICGT 2004,
along with several satellite events, will be held in Roma at the end
of September 2004. It follows the first ICGT 2002 (Barcelona, October
2002) and a series of six international workshops on graph
transformation with applications in computer science held from 1978 to
1998 in Europe and the USA. The conference takes place under the
auspices of EATCS, EASST, and IFIP WG 1.3.  The proceedings will
appear in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series by
Springer-Verlag.
The conference is co-located with IEEE Symposium on Visual Languages
and Human Centric Computing (VL/HCC) September 26-29, 2004.

Scope.  Graphical structures of various kinds (like graphs, diagrams,
visual sentences and others) are very useful to describe complex
structures and systems in a direct and intuitive way. These structures
are often augmented by formalisms which add to the static description
a further dimension modelling the evolution of systems via any kind of
transformation of such graphical structures. The field of Graph
Transformation is concerned with the theory, applications and
implementation issues of all these formalisms.

The theory is strongly related to areas such as graph theory and graph
algorithms, formal language and parsing theory, theory of concurrency
and distributed systems, formal specification and verification, logic
and semantics. The application areas include all those fields of
Computer Science, Information Processing, Engineering and Natural
Sciences.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to, the following.

On the more theoretical side:

- General models of graph transformation
- Node-, edge-, and hyperedge replacement graph grammars
- Concurrency, distribution, and formal semantics
- Term graph rewriting
- Network computing
- High-level replacement systems
- Hierarchical graphs and decompositions of graphs
- Logic expression of graph transformation properties
- Graph theoretical properties of graph languages
- Geometrical and topological aspects of graph transformation
- Automata on graphs and parsing of graph languages
- Analysis of graph transformation systems
- Structuring and modularization concepts
- Semantics of UML and other visual modelling techniques

On the more applied side:

- Specification languages
- Implementation of programming languages
- Design of visual programming environments
- Massively parallel computing
- Bioinformatics
- Software engineering and modular systems
- Development of meta CASE tools
- Software architecture
- Information security
- Visual languages
- Bio-computing
- Actor systems and Petri nets
- Rule- and knowledge-based systems
- Pattern generation and picture processing
- Pattern matching
- Tool support
- Graph exchange formats
- Layout algorithms

Invited speakers.

    Andy Evans (York, UK)
    Margaret-Anne Storey (Victoria, BC Canada) (joint speaker with VL/HCC)

Program committee.

M.Bauderon (FR), D.Blostein (CA), A.Corradini (IT), H.Ehrig (DE), G.Engels
(co-chair; DE), R.Heckel (DE), D.Janssens (BE), H.-J.Kreowski (DE), B.Koenig
(DE), B.Meyer (AU), U.Montanari (IT), M.Nagl (DE), F.Orejas (ES),
F.Parisi-Presicce (co-chair; USA/IT), M.Pezzè (IT), J.Pfaltz (USA),
R.Plasmeijer (NL), D.Plump (UK), L.Ribeiro (BR), G.Rozenberg (NL), A.Schürr
(DE), G.Taentzer (DE), G.Tortora (IT), G.Valiente (ES)

Important dates.

    Submission of title and abstract:        April 19, 2004
    Submission of complete paper:            April 26, 2004
    Notification of acceptance:              June 15, 2004
    Final version due:                       June 30, 2004
    Main conference:                         September 29 -- October 1, 2004
    Conference including satellite events:   September 28 -- October 2, 2004

General organizing committee.

Paolo Bottoni (Roma, Italy), Hartmut Ehrig (chair; Berlin, Germany),
Gregor Engels (Paderborn, Germany), Francesco Parisi-Presicce (Roma, Italy),
Grzegorz Rozenberg (Leiden, The Netherlands)

Local organizing committee.

Paolo Bottoni (chair), Francesco Parisi-Presicce,
Marta Simeoni (publicity chair)

More details concerning ICGT 2004 including the main conference, satellite
events, the procedure for the submission of papers, local information on the
conference site, and travel information can be found on the website of
ICGT 2004,

               http://icgt2004.dsi.uniroma1.it

For further information, you may also contact Paolo Bottoni
([email-masked]), Gregor Engels ([email-masked])
or Francesco Parisi-Presicce ([email-masked] / [email-masked])

Conference address.

    ICGT 2004
    Francesco Parisi-Presicce / Paolo Bottoni
    Università degli Studi di Roma La Sapienza
    Dipartimento di Informatica
    Via Salaria 113 (III piano), I-00198 Roma, Italy
    Tel:  +39 06 4991-8426, Fax: +39 06 8541842

Satellite events.

GRA-TRA TUTORIAL
Tutorial on Foundations and Applications of Graph Transformation
Date:  Sept. 28 (afternoon)
Organizers, contact and further information:
Luciano Baresi (Milano, Italy, [email-masked]),
Reiko Heckel (Paderborn, Germany, [email-masked])
http://www.upb.de/cs/ag-engels/Conferences/ICGT04/Tutorial

DNA & GRA-TRA 2004
Tutorial on DNA Computing and Graph Transformation
Date:  Sept. 28 (all day)
Organizers: Tero Harju (Turku, Finland), Ion Petre (Turku, Findland),
Grzegorz Rozenberg (Leiden, The Netherlands)
Contact and further information: [email-masked]

PETRI NETS and GRAPH TRANSFORMATIONS 2004
Workshop on relationships between Petri nets and graph rewriting
Date:  Oct. 1 (afternoon) -2 (morning)
Organizers: Grzegorz Rozenberg (Leiden, The Netherlands),
Hartmut Ehrig (Berlin, Germany), Julia Padberg (Berlin, Germany)
Contact and further information: [email-masked]

TERMGRAPH 2004
International Workshop on Term Graph Rewriting
Date:  Oct. 2
Organizers, contact and further information:
Maribel Fernandez (London, UK, [email-masked]),
Andrea Corradini (Pisa, Italy, [email-masked])
http://www.dcs.kcl.ac.uk/staff/maribel/TERMGRAPH.html

GraBaTs 2004
International Workshop on Graph-Based Tools
Date:  Oct. 1-2
Organizers: Tom Mens (Brussels, Belgium), Andy Schürr (Munich, Germany),
Gabriele Taentzer (Berlin, Germany)
Contact and further information: [email-masked]
http://tfs.cs.tu-berlin.de/grabats

LOGIC, GRAPH TRANSFORMATIONS, FINITE AND INFINITE STRUCTURES
Workshop with invited lectures and short contributions
Date:  Oct. 1 (afternoon) - Oct. 2
Organizers: Bruno Courcelle (Bordeaux, France), David Janin (Bordeaux, France)
Contact and further information: [email-masked],
http://www.labri.fr/Perso/~courcell/LogicIcgt.html

SOFTWARE EVOLUTION
2nd Workshop on Software Evolution through Transformations:
Model-based vs. Implementation-level Solutions
Date:  Oct. 2
Organizers: Reiko Heckel (Paderborn, Germany),
Dirk Janssens (Antwerp, Belgium), Tom Mens (Brussels, Belgium),
Michel Wermelinger (Lisboa, Portugal)
Contact and further information: [email-masked]
http://www.upb.de/cs/ag-engels/Conferences/ICGT04/SET04/