Subject: categories: cfp: CATS 2002 CFP

From: James Harland <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 00:21:32 +1000

CALL FOR PAPERS

	Computing: The Australasian Theory Symposium (CATS) 2002
             Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
               January 28th to February 1st, 2002
	           Deadline August 3rd, 2001

Computing: The Australasian Theory Symposium (CATS) is the premier
theoretical computer science conference in Australasia.  It is held
annually as part of the Australasian Computer Science Week (ACSW).

CATS 2002 will be the eighth in the series.  The symposium will consist
of invited speakers and research paper presentations.

Date and location

CATS 2002 will be held during the Australasian Computer Science Week.
ACSW 2002 will take place at Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria,
Australia, from 28th January to 1st February, 2002.

Scope 

CATS covers all aspects of theoretical computer science.  Some
representative, but not exclusive, topics include the following:

	o logic, reasoning and verification
	o formal specification techniques and program semantics
	o formal development methods, program refinement, synthesis and transformation
	o concurrent, parallel and distributed system theory
	o algorithms and data structures
	o complexity and computability
	o automata, number and category theory
	o tools for automated reasoning, and program analysis and development

Research paper submissions to CATS 2002 should be prepared according
to the formatting requirements below and sent to the Programme Chair,
to arrive no later than Friday, 3rd August, 2001.  Submissions must be
original work, not published or submitted elsewhere.  All submissions
will be refereed.

The proceedings of CATS 2002 will be published by Elsevier Science in
their series Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science
(http://www.elsevier.nl/locate/entcs) ENTCS is an electronic series
associated with the journal Theoretical Computer Science, and
published by Elsevier Science B. V.  (Institutions subscribing to TCS
can access full papers in ENTCS on-line.)  ENTCS offers rapid,
worldwide dissemination of research results, an absence of page
limits, and long-term accessibility through the electronic archives
that Elsevier maintains.

The proceedings of CATS2000 and CATS2001 have both appeared in ENTCS as
ENTCS Volume 31 (http://www.elsevier.nl/locate/entcs/volume31.html)
and 
ENTCS Volume 42 (http://www.elsevier.nl/locate/entcs/volume42.html)
respectively. 

A hardcopy preliminary proceedings will be provided to conference
attendees.

Formatting requirements

To ensure a uniform format for papers, all submissions to CATS 2002
*must* be prepared in LaTeX using the ENTCS macros.  Papers in
other formats cannot be accepted.  Further information is available
via the ENTCS home page at http://www.elsevier.nl/locate/entcs.
(Follow the links for "Instructions for Submissions" and "Technical
Requirements".)  Complete papers should be e-mailed as PostScript
files, preferably as MIME attachments.

Although there is no strict page limit on submissions to CATS 2002, 
authors are strongly encouraged to be as concise as possible.  Papers
between 10 and 15 pages are considered ideal.  If necessary,
definitions and proofs not essential to understanding the paper should
be relegated to appendices to appear only in the electronic version.

Call for Posters

A poster session will be arranged to give CATS attendees the
opportunity to give informal presentations of their work.  Expressions
of interest, briefly outlining the poster's topic, should be e-mailed
to the Programme Chair ([email-masked]) by Friday 9th November,
2001.

Important dates

Friday 3rd August, 2001: Deadline for submissions
Friday 5th October, 2001: Notification of acceptance
Friday 26th October, 2001: Final versions of accepted papers due
Friday 9th November, 2001: Deadline for author registrations
Friday 9th November, 2001: Deadline for poster submissions
Monday 28th January to Friday 1st February, 2002: Australasian Computer
Science Week, incorporating CATS 2002

Programme Committee

Asat Arslanov, Monash University, Australia. 
Hossam ElGindy, University of New South Wales, Australia. 
James Harland (Chair), Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia. 
Mike Johnson, Macquarie University, Australia. 
Mathai Joseph, Tata R&D, India. 	
Barry Jay, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia. 
Ron van der Meyden, University of New South Wales, Australia. 
Harald Sondergaard, Melbourne University, Australia. 
Lim Soon Wong, Kent Ridge Digital Labs, Singapore. 
Michael Winikoff, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Australia. 
David Wood, Sydney University, Australia. 

ACSW General Chair

Ronald Pose, Monash University

Previous CATS symposia

	 o CATS 2001, Gold Coast
	 o CATS 2000, Canberra
	 o CATS '99, Auckland (joint meeting with DMTCS '99)
	 o CATS '98, Perth
	 o CATS '97, Sydney
	 o CATS '96, Melbourne
	 o CATS '94, Sydney

Updates and news

Up to date information about the CATS 2002 conference can be found at
http://www.cs.rmit.edu.au/cats02.

Enquiries and submissions

James Harland
(CATS 2002 Programme Chair)
School of Computer Science and Information Technology
Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT)
Melbourne, 3001, Australia
Phone: +61 3 9925 2348
Fax: +61 3 9662 1617
Email: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.rmit.edu.au/~jah