Subject: categories: Union College Conference

From: Susan Niefield <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 10:33:32 -0400 (EDT)

UNION COLLEGE MATHEMATICS CONFERENCE

Saturday and Sunday                             Schenectady
September 29-30, 2001                           New York

This is a preliminary announcement for the tenth Union College Mathematics
Conference.  This year the conference topics are category theory and
algebraic topology.

In addition to plenary lectures, of interest to the entire Conference
audience, there will also be shorter contributed talks in parallel
sessions.  Anyone interested in giving such a talk should contact one of
the organizers.

The meeting will begin with an evening reception on Friday, September 28,
and end on Sunday afternoon.  A more detailed notice  will be mailed later
this summer.  Information will also be available at the Union College
Mathematics Department website (www.math.union.edu) in July.  We have
included information about hotels at the end of this message in case you
wish to make reservations early.

Union College is centrally located in New York's capital district about 10
miles from the Albany International Airport, easily accessible by train
from NYC, and just 3 to 4 hours by car from NYC, Boston, and Montreal.

We hope to see you in September!

ORGANIZERS

Category Theory
  Susan Niefield          [email-masked]
  Kimmo Rosenthal         [email-masked]

Algebraic Topology
  Brenda Johnson          [email-masked]
  Kathryn Lesh            [email-masked]

ACCOMMODATIONS

The following hotels are within easy walking distance of campus and have
agreed to set aside rooms for the conference.  Although last minute
accommodations may be possible, please try to book your room before
9/14/01.  To obtain the rates listed below, mention the UNION COLLEGE
MATHEMATICS CONFERENCE when you call to make reservation.

Holiday Inn
100 Nott Terrace
(518) 393-4141
Union College Rate: $78
Amenities: Dining Room, Pool, Fitness Room, Wheelchair Accessible

Ramada Inn
450 Nott Street
(518) 370-7151
Union College Rate: $73
Amenities: Dining Room, Pool, Fitness Room, Wheelchair Accessible

Days Inn
167 Nott Terrace
(518) 370-3297
Union College Rate: $64
Amenities: Wheelchair Accessible