Subject: categories: TACS2001 PRELIMINARY PROGRAM AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION

From: Shinya MIYAKAWA <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 20:30:18 +0900 (JST)

<<Apologies if you receive multiple copies.>>

            PRELIMINARY PROGRAM AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION

  International Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Computer Software
                            (TACS2001)

                 Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
                        October 28-31, 2001

  Further information about TACS2001 can be obtained on the Web, at:

         http://tacs2001.ito.ecei.tohoku.ac.jp/tacs2001/

  Any inquiry on TACS2001 Program and Registration may be directed to

                 [email-masked]

======================================================================
                  
                 TACS2001 PRELIMINARY PROGRAM

                       OCTOBER 28 SUNDAY

16:00 REGISTRATION at Sendai Tokyu Hotel till 21:00

19:30 WELCOME RECEPTION at Sendai Tokyu Hotel till 21:00

                       OCTOBER 29 MONDAY
           at Aoba Memorial Building, Tohoku University

 9:10 INVITED TALK 1
      Luca Cardelli 
      A Spatial Logic for Concurrency

10:10 Break

SESSION 1, 10:30 - 12:00

10:30 Michele Bugliesi, Giuseppe Castagna, Silvia Crafa
      Boxed Ambients 
    
11:00 Daisuke Hoshina and Akinori Yonezawa
      A Typed Process Calculus for Fine-grained Resource Access Control 
      in Distributed Computation

11:30 Martin Abadi and Jan Jurjens
      Formal Eavesdropping and its Computational Interpretation

12:00 Lunch Break

13:15 INVITED TALK 2 
      Kazunori Ueda
      Resource-Passing Concurrent Programming

14:15 Break

SESSION 2, 14:35 - 15:35

14:35 Cosimo Laneve, Joachim Parrow, Bjorn Victor
      Solo Diagrams

15:05 Barbara Koenig and Ugo Montanari
      Observational Equivalence for Synchronized Graph Rewriting 
      with Mobility

15:35 Break

SESSION 3, 15:55 - 17:25

15:55 Hiroshi Nakano 
      Fixed-point Logic with the Approximation Modality and its
      Kripke Completeness

16:25 Daniel Leivant
      Termination Proofs and Complexity Certification
    
16:55 Keye Martin
      A Uniform Approach to Searching

17:25 Break     

                       OCTOBER 30 TUESDAY
           at Aoba Memorial Building, Tohoku University

 9:10 INVITED TALK 3
      Andrew M. Pitts
      Nominal Logic: A First Order Theory of Names and Binding 

10:10 Break                

SESSION 4, 10:30 - 12:00

10:30 Makoto Hamana
      A Logic Programming Language based on Binding Algebras

11:00 Didier Galmiche and Daniel Mery
      Proof-search and Countermodel Generation in Propositional 
      BI Logic

11:30 Mizuhito Ogawa
      Generation of a Linear Time Query Processing Algorithm 
      based on Well-Quasi-Orders

12:00 Lunch Break          

13:15 INVITED TALK 4  
      Christine Paulin-Mohring
      Modelisation of Timed Automata in Coq

14:15 Break               

SESSION 5, 14:35 - 16:05

14:35 Javier Esparza, Antonin Kucera, Stefan Schwoon
      Model-Checking LTL with Regular Valuations for Pushdown Systems

15:05 Martin Franzle
      What Will be Eventually True of Polynomial Hybrid Automata?

15:35 Joachim Niehren and Tim Priesnitz
      Non-structural Subtype Entailment in Automata Theory

16:05 Break                

SESSION 6, 16:25 - 17:25

16:25 Ph. Schnoebelen
      Bisimulation and Other Undecidable Equivalences for Lossy Channel
      Systems

16:55 Antti Puhakka
      Weakest Congruence Results Concerning "Any-Lock"

17:25 Break

18:30 BANQUET at Sendai Tokyu Hotel till 20:30

                       OCTOBER 31st WEDNESDAY
           at Aoba Memorial Building, Tohoku University

 9:10 INVITED TALK 5        
      Jon G. Riecke
      Design and Correctness of Program Transformations based on 
      Control-Flow Analysis

10:10 Break

SESSION 7, 10:30 - 12:00               

10:30 Marcello M. Bonsangue and Joost N. Kok
      Infinite Intersection and Union Types for the Lazy Lambda Calculus

11:00 Yoriyuki Yamagata
      Strong Normalization of Second Order Symmetric Lambda-mu Calculus
   
11:30 Philip Wadler
      The Girard-Reynolds Isomorphism

12:00 Lunch Break         

13:15 INVITED TALK 6       
      Daniel Jackson
      Lightweight Formalism for Software Design

14:15 Break 

SESSION 8, 14:30 - 15:30

14:30 Lennart Beringer
      Typing Assembly Programs with Explicit Forwarding

15:00 Andrei Serjantov, Peter Sewell, Keith Wansbrough
      The UDP Calculus: Rigorous Semantics for Real Networking

15:30 Break               

15:45 OPEN LECTURE
      Benjamin C. Pierce
      Theory and Practice of Synchronization

17:00 CLOSING SESSION till 17:10

      --------------------------

18:30 Japanese Dinner Party for Participants from Abroad

==============================================================================

                   TACS2001 is sponsored by

               Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan

                      in cooperation with

            Information Processing Society of Japan

       Japan Society for Software Science and Technology

                 Association for Symbolic Logic

          Association for Computing Machinery--SIGACT

Symposium Chair:

   Takayasu Ito          Tohoku University

Program Chairs:

   Naoki Kobayashi       Tokyo Institute of Technology
   Benjamin Pierce       University of Pennsylvania

Program Committee

   Zena Ariola           University of Oregon
   Cedric Fournet        Microsoft Research
   Jacques Garrigue      Kyoto University
   Masami Hagiya         University of Tokyo
   Robert Harper         Carnegie Mellon University
   Masahito Hasegawa     Kyoto University
   Nevin Heintze         Lucent Technologies
   Martin Hofmann        University of Edinburgh
   Zhenjiang Hu          University of Tokyo
   Naoki Kobayashi       Tokyo Institute of Technology
   Martin Odersky        Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne
   Catuscia Palamidessi  Pennsylvania State University
   Benjamin Pierce       University of Pennsylvania
   Francois Pottier      INRIA
   Andre Scedrov         University of Pennsylvania
   Natarajan Shankar     SRI International
   Ian Stark             University of Edinburgh
   Makoto Tatuta         National Institute of Informatics, Tokyo

=========================================================================

                         GENERAL INFORMATION

TACS2001 will be held on the campus of Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan.
The invited talks and contributed talks will be presented at the Aoba
Memorial Building, Faculty of Engineering located on the Aoba Hill about
3 km west of downtown Sendai. The welcome reception and banquet will be
held at Sendai Tokyu Hotel, located in downtown Sendai.
The TACS2001 proceedings will be available as a volume of Lecture Notes
in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, at the time of the conference.

Sendai is the largest city in the northern part of Honshu Island of Japan,
with a population of about a million. The city is known in Japan as the
"City of Trees". It is 350 km north of Tokyo and about 2 hours away by
the Tohoku Bullet Train (Tohoku Shinkansen). Sendai is a modern, safe city
with a moderate climate blessed by four distinct seansons. At the end of
October the weather would be mostly sunny with temperature ranging from
5 C (41 F) to 15 C (59 F), and it will be the time of beautiful autumnal 
tints.

Conference registration is open to the public. Reservations for the Japanese
dinner party (October 31st) will be limited.
Register and make reservations by returning the completed form by email and
fax. The registration form is attached below, and it is also available from
the TACS2001 web site.
There will also be on-site registration at:
  * Sendai Tokyu Hotel, 16:00 - 21:00, October 28,
  * Aoba Memorial Bldg, Tohoku Univ, 9:00 - 17:00 on October 29-31.

Some information on transportation and hotels is described below. More
information on TACS2001, including travel information, is available at
the TACS2001 web page:

         http://tacs2001.ito.ecei.tohoku.ac.jp/tacs2001/

Transportation
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Conference participants arriving at the new Tokyo International (Narita)
Airport are advised to take the JR Narita Express train from Narita
Airport to Tokyo Station. Then take the Yamabiko super express train of
Tohoku Shinkansen (Tohoku Bullet Train) from Tokyo to Sendai. Making
reservation at Narita Station for the Yamabiko is strongly recommended.
Those arriving at the new Osaka International (Kansai) Airport can fly
to Sendai Airport, and take Limousine Bus service to Sendai Station.
Alternatively, you can take a local train from the Kansai Airport to
JR Shin Osaka Station, then take the Tokaido Shinkansen from JR Shin
Osaka Station to JR Tokyo Station and change at Tokyo Station to Tohoku
Shinkansen.
Some details on transportation will be available at the TACS2001 web page.
Note: 
(1) No flight service is available from Narita to Sendai Airport, since 
    the train service is superior. There is another train service from
    Narita Airport to downtown Tokyo (Ueno) by Skyliner of the Keisei-Narita 
    Line. At Ueno you can take the Yamabiko superexpress of Tohoku Shinkansen
    to Sendai, but you have to walk about 10 min from Keisei Ueno Station to
    JR Ueno Station to take Tohoku Shinkansen.
(2) If you are going to travel in Japan by JR lines before/after the 
    TACS2001 symposium, it will be convenient and economical to get a 
    JR PASS before your departure. Contact your travel agent for more 
    information on JR PASS (Japan Rail Pass).

Hotels
^^^^^^
Two hotels offer discount rates to TACS2001 participants: the Sendai Tokyu
Hotel, and the Sendai Washington Hotel. They are 1.2 km west of Sendai
Station and about 800 Yen by taxi from the station. Two hotels are located 
within 5 min walk of each other.

More information on TACS2001 is available at the TACS2001 web page.

===========================================================================

                    REGISTRATION AND RESERVATION

Registration Fees
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Registration fees cover attendance in all sessions, a copy of proceedings,
refreshments and snack, the welcome reception and banquet, but not the
Japanese dinner party on October 31st. 
The reduced author rate applies to all authors of the accepted papers, and
the reduced committee member rate applies to all members of the Program 
Committee and the Organizing Committee. The student rate applies to full
time students. Registrants paying reduced rates have full privileges at
the conference. The companion rate covers the welcome reception and 
banquet only.

                           Through September 17   From September 18

       Regular                     40,000 Yen          50,000 Yen
       Author                      30,000 Yen          40,000 Yen
       Committee Member            30,000 Yen          40,000 Yen
       Student                     20,000 Yen          30,000 Yen
       Companion                    4,000 Yen           6,000 Yen

Hotels
^^^^^^
Two convenient Western style hotels offer TACS2001 discount rates.
Rates are per person, per night, and include service charge and tax 
(not including breakfast).

                                  Single Room        Twin Room

       Sendai Tokyu Hotel          10,185 Yen        7,560 Yen
       Sendai Washington Hotel II   8,000 Yen        7,000 Yen
       Sendai Washington Hotel I    7,000 Yen        ---------

Note: Twin room reservations are available for two persons. No roommate
      matching service is available, so twin room reservations remain 
      registrant's responsibility.

Japanese dinner party for participants from abroad
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A Japanese dinner party for participants from abroad will be held at
TOYOKAN in the evening of October 31st. The invited speakers, PC members,
and some others will attend. A limited number of reservations will be
available for this dinner party. The rates are as follows.

       Conference registrant: 10,000 Yen
       Companion:              6,000 Yen

===================================================================================
Cut here to send your registration and reservation form after filling in the items.
===================================================================================

          TACS2001 REGISTRATION AND RESERVATION FORM

Please register and make reservations by completing the form below and
returning it by email to

               [email-masked]

Registrants are advised to email a copy of their completed form to

               [email-masked]

They are also encouraged to send a signed, printed copy of their completed
form by FAX to

                  022-296-3327  (domestic)
               +81-22-296-3327  (from abroad)

which is the fax number of the following agent to take care of the conference

registration and reservation.

      Japan Travel Bureau Group Tours Office Tohoku 
      Tobu Sendai Daiichi Bldg, 6th Floor
      4-6-1 Tsutsujigaoka, Miyagino-ku, Sendai 983-0852, Japan

      FAX:        022-296-3327  (domestic)
               +81-22-296-3327  (from abroad)
      PHONE:      022-296-3361  (domestic)
               +81-22-296-3361  (from abroad)
      Email:   [email-masked]

Registration and reservations will be completed by your payment, whose method
is described below.

"IMPORTANT NOTE"
 As described below, from the standpoint of the safety, registrants are advised
 to pay fees by Bank Transfer. When the payment is made by a credit card, they
 are advised to send the required information, including Credit Card numbers
 by FAX; that is, do NOT send Credit Card numbers by email.

REGISTRATION FOR TACS2001
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Last (Family) Name:

  First (Given) Name:

  Middle:

  Affiliation:

  Postal Address:

  City/State/Zip:

  Country:

  Phone:

  Fax:

  Email:

  Registration Status 
    <Regular, Author, Committee Member, Student>:

  Number of Companions:

  Companions' names (if applicable):

  (A) Total Registration Fee(s) in Yen:

HOTEL RESERVATION
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Hotel First Choice:

  Hotel Second Choice:

  Number of Single Room(s):

  Number of Twin Room(s):

  Roommate's Name(s) for Twin Room(s):

  Check-in Date:

  Check-out Date:

  Number of Nights:

  Special Room or other Request:

JAPANESE DINNER PARTY
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  A limited number of reservations are available for the Japanese 
  dinner party to be held at TOYOKAN in the evening of October 31st, 
  for participants from abroad.

  (B) 10,000 Yen x [   ] conference registrant(s):

  (C)  6,000 Yen x [   ] companion(s):

TOTAL FEE IN YEN
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  (A) + (B) + (C):

Signature (not needed for email):

METHOD OF PAYMENT FOR TACS2001
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
   From the standpoint of the safety and security, participants are encouraged
   to pay via Bank Transfer. When they pay via credit card, they are advised 
   to send the required information (in particular, Credit Card numbers) by 
   FAX; that is, do NOT send your Credit Card numbers by email. 
   In credit card payment Visa card, MasterCard, and Diners card will be 
   accepted. Personal checks cannot be accepted.
   All payments must be made in Japanese Yen.

Indicate method of payment below:

  [    ] Bank Transfer to

              Bank: Tokyo Mitsubishi Bank, Sendai Branch
              Account Name: TACS2001 Chair Takayasu Ito
              Account No. 1180724

         From <bank name>:

         Date of transfer:

         Payer's name:

         Note: In Japan the bank number of Tokyo Mitsubishi Bank is 0005, and
               the number of its Sendai Branch is 320.

  [    ] Payment by Credit Card

         Credit Card Type <Visa, MasterCard, or Diners>:

         Card Number:

         Expiration Date:

         Signature (not needed for email):
                                                                              
  <Note>: When your payment is via Credit Card, send the above information
          by FAX to +81-22-296-3327, the fax no. of Japan Travel Bureau
          Group Tours Office Tohoku.
          Even when you send the above form by fax, send it by EMAIL 
          without  filling in Credit Card number for safety.
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Registration and reservations will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
Refunds will be made upon written request received through October 15, 2001
by Japan Travel Bureau Group Tours Office Tohoku.
 
              -----*****-----*****-----*****-----