Subject: categories: Weighted Automata: Workshop Announcement

From: Sandra Groszmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:28:17 +0200 (MET DST)

[apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

		Weighted Automata: Theory and Applications

            Dresden University of Technology, March 4 - 8, 2002

The workshop will cover all aspects of weighted automata, ranging from
the theory of formal power series to max-plus-algebra and applications as e.g.
in algebraic optimization of railway networks or natural language processing.
The aim is to present tutorials and survey lectures by outstanding scientists
in this area. Moreover, we encourage everybody to participate in this work-
shop and present their own technical contribution in this area.

We are happy to announce the following tutorials and survey lectures:

 Tutorials:			    Survey lectures:

    S. Gaubert (INRIA, Paris) 		S. Bloom (Hoboken, New Jersey)
    D. Kozen (Ithaca) 			Z. Esik (Szeged)
    W. Kuich (Wien) 			Z. F\"ul\"op (Szeged)
    M. Mohri (AT&T, New Jersey) 	P. Gastin (Paris), provisionally
					B. F. Heidergott (Eindhoven)
					B. Khoussainov (Auckland)
					G. J. Olsder (Delft)
     					I. Petre (Turku)
					E. Stark (Stony Brook, New York)
					K. Zimmermann (Prague)

All lecturers are asked to give a survey on their field of interest followed
by recent research results.

Interested participants are most welcome. If you wish to present a technical
contribution, please send us an abstract (preferably of at most one page)
before December 1, 2001. Authors will be informed about acceptance of their
submission before December 15, 2001.

Deadline for registration is February 1, 2001. There are no conference fees.

Call for papers:

There will be a special issue of the Journal of Automata, Languages, and
Combinatorics (JALC) on the topic of this workshop. The deadline for 
submission of papers is April 20, 2002. All submissions will be refereed
according to the usual journal standards. 

For further information see
http://www.orchid.inf.tu-dresden.de/gk-spezifikation/wata.html
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manfred Droste				Heiko Vogler
Dresden University of Technology	Dresden University of Technology
Institute of Algebra			Institute of Theor. Computer Science
D-01062 Dresden, Germany		D-01062 Dresden, Germany

Tel.: +49-351-463-3908			Tel.: +49-351-463-8232
Fax: +49-351-463-4235			Fax: +49-351-463-8504
E-Mail: [email-masked]	E-Mail: [email-masked]