Subject: categories: An application

From: [email-masked] (Michael Healy 425-865-3123)
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 18:43:29 -0700 (PDT)

A review of a paper I submitted to a neural network journal is taking awhile.  
In the meantime, for anyone who might be interested, there is a conference 
paper online with an overview of the content.  It concerns a proposed 
mathematical semantic model for neural networks:

M. J. Healy (2000)
"Category Theory Applied to Neural Modeling and Graphical Representations", 
Proceedings of the International Joint Conference on Neural Networks 
(IJCNN2000), Como, Italy.

It's available at  http://cialab.ee.washington.edu/ .  Click on 
"Publications", then "Selected Publications", and scroll down.  The same site 
has a paper on topological semantics, the other part of the proposed model.  
Developing and applying it is a major part of my work right now, so I 
would welcome comments from anyone who might be interested.

Regards,
Mike Healy
--

===========================================================================
                                         e	     
Michael J. Healy                          A
                                  FA ----------> GA
(425)865-3123                     |              |
FAX(425)865-2964                  |              |
                               Ff |              | Gf
c/o The Boeing Company            |              |   
PO Box 3707  MS 7L-66            \|/            \|/
Seattle, WA 98124-2207            '              '
USA                               FB ----------> GB
-or for priority mail-                   e             "I'm a natural man."
2760 160th Ave SE  MS 7L-66               B
Bellevue, WA 98008
USA

[email-masked]          -or-            [email-masked]

============================================================================