Subject: categories: STACS 2002 Call for papers

From: Jerome Durand-Lose <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 19:22:25 +0200

==============================================================
   We apologize for multiple copies of this call for papers
==============================================================

                        +--------------------+
                        |                    |
                        |     STACS 2002     |
                        |                    |
                        +--------------------+

                   19th International Symposium on
               Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science

                    Antibes Juan-les-Pins, France
                          March 14--16 2002

                    http://www.inria.fr/stacs2002

SCOPE:

   Authors are invited to submit papers presenting original and
unpublished research on theoretical aspects of computer
science. Typical areas include (but are not limited to):

*   Algorithms and data structures, including: parallel and distributed
  algorithms, computational geometry, cryptography, algorithmic
  learning theory;
*   Automata and formal languages;
*   Computational and structural complexity;
*   Logic in computer science, including: semantics, specification, and
  verification of programs, rewriting and deduction;
*   Current challenges, for example: theory, models, and algorithms for
  biological computing, quantum computing, mobile and net computing.

SUBMISSIONS:

   Authors are invited to submit a draft of a full paper (5-12 pages,
the title page must contain a classification of the topic covered,
preferably using the list of topics above).  The paper should contain
a succinct statement of the issues and of their motivation, a summary
of the main results, and a brief explanation of their significance,
accessible to non-specialist readers. Proofs omitted due to space
constraints must be put into an appendix to be read by the program
committee members at their discretion. Electronic submission is highly
recommended.

   In case of problems with access to internet, it is possible to
submit 6 copies of the draft (plus 1 copy of the appendix) and 15
copies of a one page abstract to the chairperson of the program
committee.

   Detailed information is available on the web site.

IMPORTANT DATES:

   Deadline for submission:  September 14, 2001 
   Notification to authors:  November 21, 2001 
   Final version:            December 14, 2001 
   Symposium:                March 14--16, 2002

PROCEEDINGS:

    Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings of the
Symposium (Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag). 
Simultaneous submission to other conferences with published proceedings
is not allowed.

PROGRAM COMMITTEE:

   H. Alt (Berlin) Co-Chair
   H. Buhrman (Amsterdam)  
   B. Chlebus (Warsaw)          
   T. Erlebach (Zuerich)        
   A. Ferreira (Sophia-Antipolis) Chair       
   H. Ganzinger (Saarbruecken)           
   D. Lugiez (Marseille)        
   Y. Metivier (Bordeaux)           
   C. Moore (Albuquerque / Santa Fe)         
   A. Muscholl (Paris)        
   G. Pucci (Padova)           
   G. Schnitger (Frankfurt)             
   T. Schwentick (Jena)         
   D. Trystram (Grenoble)      
   B. Voecking (Saarbruecken)            

KEYNOTE SPEAKER:

   M.O. Rabin (Harvard)       

INVITED SPEAKERS:

   G. Dowek (Rocquencourt) 
   C. Scheideler (Baltimore)   

CONFERENCE CHAIR:

   Afonso Ferreira
   CNRS et I3S 
   INRIA Sophia-Antipolis
   2004, route des Lucioles
   BP 93 
   F-06902 Sophia-Antipolis 
   France

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE CHAIR:

   J. Durand-Lose (Nice)

E-ADDRESS:

   [email-masked]

WEB SITE:

   http://www.inria.fr/stacs2002

		====  please post and distribute ====