Subject: categories: 2001 Haskell Workshop: final call for papers

From: Ralf Hinze <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:47:11 +0200

============================================================================

                           FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS

                  [Deadline for submission: 1st June 2001]

                           2001 Haskell Workshop

                     Firenze, Italy, 2nd September 2001

        The Haskell Workshop forms part of the PLI 2001 colloquium
        on Principles, Logics, and Implementations of high-level
        programming languages, which comprises the ICFP/PPDP conferences
        and associated workshops. Previous Haskell Workshops have been
        held in La Jolla (1995), Amsterdam (1997), Paris (1999), and
        Montreal (2000).

        http://www.cs.uu.nl/people/ralf/hw2001.{html,pdf,ps,txt}

============================================================================

Scope
-----

The purpose of the Haskell Workshop is to discuss experience with
Haskell, and possible future developments for the language.  The scope
of the workshop includes all aspects of the design, semantics, theory,
application, implementation, and teaching of Haskell.  Submissions that
discuss limitations of Haskell at present and/or propose new ideas for
future versions of Haskell are particularly encouraged.  Adopting an
idea from ICFP 2000, the workshop also solicits two special classes of
submissions, application letters and functional pearls, described
below.

Application Letters
-------------------

An application letter describes experience using Haskell to solve
real-world problems. Such a paper might typically be about six pages,
and may be judged by interest of the application and novel use of
Haskell.

Functional Pearls
-----------------

A functional pearl presents - using Haskell as a vehicle - an idea that
is small, rounded, and glows with its own light. Such a paper might
typically be about six pages, and may be judged by elegance of
development and clarity of expression.

Submission details
------------------

Deadline for submission:        1st June 2001
Notification of acceptance:     12th July 2001
Final submission due:           1st August 2001
Haskell Workshop:               2nd September 2001

Authors should submit papers in postscript format, formatted for A4
paper, to Ralf Hinze ([email-masked]) by 1st June 2001. Use of the
ENTCS style files is strongly recommended.  The length should be
restricted to the equivalent of 5000 words (which is approximately 24
pages in ENTCS format, or 12 pages in ACM format).  Note that this
word limit represents a change from the first call for papers.
Application letters and functional pearls should be labeled as such on
the first page; they may be any length up to the above limit, though
shorter submissions are welcome.  The accepted papers will initially
appear as a University of Utrecht technical report, and subsequently
be published as an issue of Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer
Science.

Programme committee
-------------------

Manuel Chakravarty      University of New South Wales
Jeremy Gibbons          University of Oxford
Ralf Hinze (chair)      University of Utrecht
Patrik Jansson          Chalmers University
Mark Jones              Oregon Graduate Institute
Ross Paterson           City University, London
Simon Peyton Jones      Microsoft Research
Stephanie Weirich       Cornell University

============================================================================