Subject: categories: Stanford conference, July 30 - August 3

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 20:31:20 -0400

Third Announcement: 

Conference on Algebraic Topological Methods in Computer Science
Stanford University
July 30 - August 3, 2001

This meeting is supported by grants from the National Science
Foundation, the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of
Canada, the Fields Institute, Hewlett-Packard, and the Stanford
Department of Mathematics.

The most up to date information on the conference appears on the
conference web page http://math.stanford.edu/atmcs/index.htm.

Housing is still available on campus at a cost of about 50.00 US per
night. The deadline for registering for on campus housing at Stanford
is *May 1, 2001*.  There is a registration form available as a pdf
file, to be printed, filled out and faxed to the Stanford Summer
Conference Services office.

There is also a short registration for the conference itself at that
web page. If you are coming to the conference and have not yet
registered for the conference, please do so. There will be no
registration fee. 

Limited financial support may be available for travel and
housing. Please make your request when registering for the conference.

The following have agreed to speak at this meeting:

John Baez (Math, UC Riverside) 
Marshall Bern (Xerox PARC) 
Anders Bjorner (Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm) 
Tamal Dey (CS, Ohio State) 
Herbert Edelsbrunner (CS, Duke) 
David Eppstein (CS, UC Irvine) 
Michael Freedman (Microsoft) 
Philippe Gaucher (CNRS, Strasbourg) 
Eric Goubault (Commissariat a l'Energie Atomique, France) 
Jean Goubault-Larrecq (ENS Cachan) 
Marco Grandis (Dip. di Mat., Genova) 
Jeremy Gunawardena (HP BRIMS) 
John Harer (Math, Duke) 
Joel Hass (Math, UC Davis) 
Maurice Herlihy (CS, Brown) 
Reinhard Laubenbacher (Math, NMSU) 
Laszlo Lovasz (Microsoft) 
Vaughan Pratt (CS, Stanford) 
Christian Reidys (Los Alamos National Lab) 
Bernd Sturmfels (Math, UC Berkeley) 
Noson Yanofsky (CS, Brooklyn College) 

There will be some time for contributed talks. If you would like to
give a short talk at the meeting, please send a title and abstract to
one of the organizers.

The organizers for this meeting are:

Gunnar Carlsson: [email-masked]
Rick Jardine: [email-masked]