Subject: categories: PhD studentships at the LFCS, U. of Edinburgh

From: Paul Jackson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 18:23:32 +0100

[This announcement has been sent to the categories mail list since
much research at the LFCS makes use of category theory.  Please pass
it on to interested students and colleagues at your university or
research institute.  Apologies if you receive multiple copies]

            PhD positions available for October 2001

         Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science

        Division of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Applications are open for students to take up PhD places at
Edinburgh in October 2001.  Supporting funds are available for
postgraduates of any nationality.

The Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science is one of the
world's leading centres of research into theoretical computer
science and its application.  An important part of this is its
active community of research students, currently over 20 strong.

LFCS runs a 3-year PhD programme; this includes a series of taught
courses which provide a broad background in the theory of
computation, and prepare students to do their own research work.
All students are directly supervised by an academic staff member.

The Laboratory and the Division fund some studentships of their own,
open to applicants of any nationality.  UK students can also apply
for one of several grants awarded to the Division by the EPSRC.

For more information, including details of how to apply, please
consult our web site.

    http://www.lfcs.informatics.ed.ac.uk/research/students.html