Subject: categories: Paper

From: "V. Schmitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 19:08:39 +0000

Dear all,
I submitted the following paper a few months ago,

Title: ``Applying enriched categories to quasi-uniform spaces''

Abstract: The represention of complete metric spaces
of \cite{Law73} by enrichments is extented to
quasi-uniform spaces. Moreover quasi-uniformly continuous maps
are described as enriched functors. The quasi-uniform space
completion is also viewed as a Cauchy-completion.
Super monoidal functors  are introduced to obtain these results.
A 2-category of enrichments over different bases is defined.
In this general context the Cauchy-completion is still a
universal construction.

Law73 is here the paper of F.W.Lawvere:
``Metric spaces, generalized logic and closed categories''

It is accessible on the site
http://www.mcs.le.ac.uk/research/publications
as the 6th research report of the year 2000.

All the best.
Vincent Schmitt