Subject: categories: CFP: SAIG'01

From: Walid Taha <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 11:39:27 -0500 (EST)

CALL FOR PAPERS
 Semantics, Applications and Implementation of Program Generation (SAIG'01)
        PLI Workshop, September 6th, 2001.  (Deadline:  May 20, 2001)

                http://www.cs.yale.edu/~taha/saig/cfp01.html

Program generation has the prospect of being an integral part of a
wide range of software development processes.  Many recent studies
investigate different aspects of program generation systems, including
their semantics, their applications, and their implementation.
Existing theories and systems address both high-level (source)
language and low-level (machine) language generation.  A number of
programming languages now supports program generation and
manipulation, with different goals, implementation techniques, and
targeted at different applications. The goal of this workshop is to
provide a meeting place for researchers and practitioners interested
in this research area, and in program generation in general.

Scope: The workshop solicits submissions related to theoretical and
practical models and tools for building program generators systems,
Examples include:

   * Semantics, type systems,  and implementations for multi-stage
     languages.
   * Run-time specialization systems:  e.g. compilers, operating systems.
   * High-level program generation (applications, foundations,
     environments).
   * Program synthesis from high-level specifications.
   * Symbolic computation, linking and explicit substitution, in-lining and
     macros.

Reports on applications of these techniques to real-world problems are
especially encouraged, as are submissions that relate ideas and
concepts from several of these topics, or bridge the gap between
theory and practice.  The program committee is happy to advise on the
appropriateness of a particular subject.

Format: The one-day workshop will contain slots for technical papers
(30 minutes) and position papers (20 minutes. Both times include
discussion.) In addition, there will be one hour allocated for open
discussions at the end of the workshop.  Proceedings will be published
as an LNCS volume.

Invited Speakers:

   * Krzysztof Czarnecki, University of Ilmenau and Daimler Chrysler
   * Tim Sheard, Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technology
   * Mitch Wand, Northeastern University

Submission Details: Authors are invited to submit papers of at most
5000 words (excluding figures), in postscript format (letter or A4),
using the electronic submission form by May 20th, 2001.  This deadline
is not extensible. Both position and technical papers are welcome.
Please indicate at time of submission. Position papers are expected to
describe ongoing work, future directions, and/or survey previous
results.  Technical papers are expected to contain novel results.  All
papers will be reviewed by the program committee for the above
mentioned criteria, in addition to correctness and clarity.  Authors
will be notified of acceptance by July 17th, 2001.  Final version of
the papers must be submitted by July 15th, 2001.

Program Committee:

     *  Gilles Barthe, INRIA     *  David Basin, Freiburg
     *  Don Batory, Texas        *  Robert Glück, DIKU
     *  Nevin Heintze, Bell-Labs *  Eugenio Moggi, DISI
     *  Greg Morrisett, Cornell  *  Flemming Nielson, Aarhus
     *  David Sands, Chalmers    *  Walid Taha,Yale (PC Chair)