Subject: categories: Call for Papers Argentinean Workshop in Theoretical Computer Science

From: "Marcelo Frias, Prof. Dr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 22:16:20 -0300

CALL FOR PAPERS 30 JAIIO - WAIT'2001
Argentinian Workshop on Theoretical Computer Science
Buenos Aires - Argentina
September 10-14, 2001
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Since its foundation in 1997, the Argentinian Workshop on Theoretical 
Computer Science (WAIT) has become a relevant Latin American forum for 
the exchange of ideas and views and the presentation of research results 
in theoretical computer science, including applications to other 
domains, as e.g. software engineering, combinatorics or symbolic and 
numeric computation. WAIT 2001, the 5-th workshop in this series, will 
be held in Buenos Aires, Argentina, September 10-14, 2001, as part of 
the 30-th Argentinian Conference on Informatics and Operations Research 
(30 JAIIO). The workshop aims to build a bridge between academic and 
applied research in order to promote the exchange of ideas and 
experience from theory and empiry in the the field of computer science 
and its applications. The meeting includes invited and contributed talks 
and tutorials.

IMPORTANT DATES:
Deadline for reception of papers..............................May 13
Notification of acceptance........................................June 25
Deadline for reception of camera-ready versions.....July 16

TOPICS
Specific topics of WAIT 2001 include (but not are limited to) :
* Logical and algebraic foundations of computer science (logics for
computer science, category theory, relation algebras, type theory
etc.),
* Formal program construction (formal specification of sequential and
concurrent programs; analysis, verification and transformation of
programs, etc.),
* Algorithms and data structures (sequential, parallel, distributed and
on-line computing, probabilistic algorithms etc.),
* Computational complexity,
* Automata theory,
* Graph theory,
* Symbolic and algebraic computation.
Submissions are expected to contain original research results or to 
report on progress of theory-relevant academic or applied research. 
Papers will be refereed by international experts.
* Research papers must contain previously unpublished results.
They will be judged on the base of the originality and importance of 
their results and of the clarity of their presentation. Authors have to 
submit an extended abstract of not more than 4 pages or a full paper not 
more than 12 pages, including figures and references.
* Short papers describing ongoing research in theoretical computer 
science are also welcome. Papers of this category should be of tutorial 
nature.
* Finally there are invited papers describing applications of 
theoretical results to real-life situations. Papers of this kind should 
briefly describe a novel use of theory in an applied domain.

INVITED SPEAKERS (to be confirmed soon)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS:
In order to facilitate the dissemination of papers and results, authors 
are invited to submit their contributions in English. Nevertheless, 
papers in Spanish or Portuguese are also welcome.
Deadline for submission is May 13, 2001. Papers must be submitted 
electronically in PostScript format (ghostview-readable) to the 
following e-mail address: [email-masked]

Authors should communicate in a separate e-mail (in ASCII format) the 
title of the paper togehter with an abstract of ten lines, name and 
affiliation of all co-authors and their e-mail addresses, phone and FAX 
numbers. The message should also contain a list of keywords of the paper 
and should indicate to which of the above category it belongs.
In case of an alternative way of sumbission please take first contact 
with one of the program chairs.
The format of the camera-ready version of the accepted papers will be 
announced with in the letter of acceptance.

WORKSHOP CO-CHAIRS:
Prof. Marcelo Frias
Department of Computer Science
University of Buenos Aires
Pabellon I - Ciudad Universitaria
1428 - Buenos Aires - ARGENTINA
e-mail: [email-masked]

Prof. Joos Heintz
Department of Mathematics
University of Buenos Aires
Pabellon I - Ciudad Universitaria
1428 - Buenos Aires - ARGENTINA
e-mail : [email-masked]

PRELIMINARY PROGRAM COMMITTEE:
Gabriel Baum (Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina)
Javier Blanco (Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina)
Esteban Feuerstein (Universidad de Buenos Aires)
Marcelo Frias (Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Armando Haeberer (Oblog, Portugal)
Hermann Haeusler (Pontificia Universidade Catolica de Rio de Janeiro, Brasil)
Joos Heintz (Universidad Nacional de Buenos Aires, Argentina)
Roger Maddux (Iowa State University, USA)
Tom Maibaum (King=B4s College, UK)
Bernhard Moeller (Universitaet Augsburg, Alemania)
Gonzalo Navarro (Universidad de Chile, Chile)
Alfredo Olivero (Universidad de Buenos Aires)
Natarajan Shankar (SRI International, USA)
Alvaro Tasistro (Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay)

______________________________
Prof. Dr. Marcelo Frias
Department of Computer Science
School of Sciences
University of Buenos Aires
Pabellon I, Ciudad Universitaria, 1428
Buenos Aires
Argentina

Phone: +54-11-4576-3390/99 Ext.717
FAX: +54-11-4576-3359