Subject: categories: job: Research job in model checking application

From: Mark D Ryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 02:06:54 GMT

[apologies for multi-post]

    Job opportunity

    *  Model checking
      
    *  flexible balance of theory/applications, to suit applicant
      
    *  good research environment
      
    *  informal enquiries welcome

                    THE UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM 
                     SCHOOL OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
                    Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to work on
the project `The Feature Construct in Programming and Specification
Languages', funded by EPSRC and British Telecom, coordinated by Dr.
Mark Ryan and Dr. Marta Kwiatkowska.  Applicants should have a PhD in
Computer Science and ideally have knowledge of one or more of the
following areas: model checking, temporal logic, and/or program
semantics.  The successful applicant may be expected to contribute to
teaching in the School up to a maximum of two hours per week on
average.  More information about the project, the research group and
the School can be obtained from the URLs:

    www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~mdr/fc
    www.cs.bham.ac.uk

The starting salary will be up to 19,482 pounds per year. The post is
for three years from 1 April 2001 or as soon as possible
thereafter. 

Application forms and further particulars available from:

The Director of Personnel Services
The University of Birmingham
Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
tel: + 44 (0)121 414 6486 (24 hours)
email: [email-masked]
Application forms are available from the WWW, at
www.bham.ac.uk/personnel/app.htm

Please quote reference S35522/01.  The closing date for applications
is Friday 9th March 2001. Late applications will be considered if the
selection process has not advanced too far.

Informal enquiries are welcome, and should be addressed to:
Mark Ryan, tel:  +44 (0)121 414 7361, email: [email-masked].

The University of Birmingham is working towards equal opportunities.

------- end -------