Subject: categories: Book Announcement: Galois Theories

From: Cathy Siddiqi <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Feb 2001 00:48:20 -0800

I would like to post the following annoucement for your category theorists. 

Galois Theories
by Francis Borceux and George Janeldize

Starting from the classical finite-dimensional Galois theory of fields,
this book develops Galois theory in a much more general context. The
authors first formalize the categorical context in which a general Galois
theorem holds, and then give applications to Galois theory for commutative
rings, central extensions of groups, the topological theory of covering
maps and a Galois theorem for toposes. The book is a hardback, 360 pages,
and costs $74.95 (50.00 in UK).  For more information about the book, or
to order a copy, please visit www.cambridge.org.

Please let me know if you need additional information from me

Thanks,
Cathy  
-- 
Cathy Siddiqi
Marketing Associate
Cambridge University Press
40 West 20th Street
New York, NY 10011
212-924-3900 x323
212-691-3239 fax