Subject: categories: job: Postdoc available

From: Mark D Ryan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 08:37:54 GMT

[apologies for multi-post]

Dear Colleague,
I would be very grateful if you would forward this email to finishing
or recently-finished PhD students.

The University of Birmingham, UK, has a post-doctoral position to
offer involving

    Applications of formal logic, in particular temporal logic, to
    problems in telecommunication systems.
      
The job would suit someone with a PhD in formal methods or logic, who
is interested in developing and applying verification techniques in a
setting of industrial relevance and importance.

We offer a good research environment, and the job can be moulded to
suit your preference in terms of theory vs applications. Informal
enquiries welcome.

=====

                    THE UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM 
                     SCHOOL OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
                    Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to work on
the project `The Feature Construct in Programming and Specification
Languages', funded by EPSRC and British Telecom, coordinated by Dr.
Mark Ryan and Dr. Marta Kwiatkowska.  Applicants should have a PhD in
Computer Science and ideally have some knowledge of one or more of the
following areas: model checking, temporal logic, and/or program
semantics.  The successful applicant may be expected to contribute to
teaching in the School up to a maximum of two hours per week on
average.  More information about the project, the research group and
the School can be obtained from the URLs:

    www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~mdr/fc
    www.cs.bham.ac.uk

The starting salary will be up to 19,482 pounds per year. The post is
for three years from 1 April 2001 or as soon as possible
thereafter. 

Application forms and further particulars available from:

The Director of Personnel Services
The University of Birmingham
Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
tel: + 44 (0)121 414 6486 (24 hours)
email: [email-masked]
Application forms are available from the WWW, at
www.bham.ac.uk/personnel/app.htm

Please quote reference S35522/01.  The closing date for applications
is Monday 19th March 2001. Late applications will be considered if the
selection process has not advanced too far.

Informal enquiries are welcome, and should be addressed to:
Mark Ryan, tel:  +44 (0)121 414 7361, email: [email-masked].

The University of Birmingham is working towards equal opportunities.

------- end -------