Subject: categories: Re: Question

From: [email-masked] (Michael J. Healy 425-865-3123)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 14:33:16 -0800 (PST)

I'd like to respond to Dusko's note with an open message to all; I'll try 
to be brief.  I'm grateful to Dusko for his posting, and also to the people 
who responded to me privately as I'd requested.  My only reason for requesting 
private replies was to avoid any intrusion people might feel if I started 
another thread such as the "battle" to which Dusko referred:
> 
> it's interesting that almost no one took michael healy's bait (attached).
> a couple of years ago, a similar question started a long battle between a
> group of categorists from this list, and a group of set theorists on
> another list. traces of that battle can still be found scattered on the
> web.
> 
I mean to send a compilation of the responses I received to all respondents 
because they've all expressed interest, either explicitly or implicitly by 
responding.  I've been short of time and haven't done this yet, partly 
because I also want to ask each individually if it's OK to use his/her 
name attached to the response (otherwise, said response will be included 
as "anonymous").  I will get to it within the next few weeks.  In the 
meantime, I've enjoyed this as a learning experience!

Thank you,
Mike

--

===========================================================================
                                         e	     
Michael J. Healy                          A
                                  FA ----------> GA
(425)865-3123                     |              |
FAX(425)865-2964                  |              |
                               Ff |              | Gf
c/o The Boeing Company            |              |   
PO Box 3707  MS 7L-66            \|/            \|/
Seattle, WA 98124-2207            '              '
USA                               FB ----------> GB
-or for priority mail-                   e             "I'm a natural man."
2760 160th Ave SE  MS 7L-66               B
Bellevue, WA 98008
USA

[email-masked]          -or-            [email-masked]

============================================================================