Subject: categories: Machines in a Category

From: Steve Stevenson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 08:28:29 -0500 (EST)

In the mid 70s, Anderson, Arbib, and Manes did some work on "Machines
in a Category" (SIAM, 1976) A lot of this was in support of work in
using category theory in control theory.

Can anyone provide information about the state of this research or a
bibliography of this work in unifying control theory and computation?

Best regards,

steve
----
D. E. (Steve) Stevenson, Department of Computer Science, Clemson

At the genetic level, race does not exist. Studies of human DNA have 
found that there is far more genetic variability between individuals 
within any "given" group than between two such  groups. 
Dawn Stover, <em> New York Times

---

From: Ross Street <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:22:52 +1100

Brian Anderson is currently the President of the Australian Academy 
of Science <http://www.science.org.au/> and not likely to have done 
anything in the area since the paper with Arbib & Manes.

--Ross