Subject: categories: jobs: BRICS PhD grants, fellowships, and research positions

From: Uffe Henrik Engberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 01:31:14 +0100

[Please accept our apologies if you receive this more than once]

	      BRICS - Basic Research in Computer Science

	 at the Universities of  Aarhus  and Aalborg, Denmark

This is a call for applications for:

    PhD admission and PhD grants,
    Marie Curie Training Site Fellowships, and
    Research Positions.

BRICS, a centre  for Basic Research in Computer  Science, is funded by
the   Danish   National  Research   Foundation.   It  compromises   an
International PhD School with an associated Research Laboratory.

BRICS  is  based  on  a  commitment to  develop  theoretical  computer
science, covering core areas such as:

  - Semantics of Computation,
  - Logic,
  - Algorithms and Data Structures,
  - Complexity Theory,
  - Data Security and Cryptology, and
  - Verification,

as well as a number of spin-off activities including

  - Web Technology,
  - Quantum Informatics,
  - Bio Informatics, and
  - Networks and Distributed Real-Time Systems.

BRICS  has  a  substantial  number  of new  PhD  grants  and  research
positions available,  starting in 2001. Applications  can be submitted
at  any time.  However, the  application deadline  for PhD  grants and
positions starting August 2001 is February 15, 2001.

PhD admission and grants:
  Any student with at least four years of studies in computer science is
  eligible to apply for PhD admission and grants.

Marie Curie Training Sites Fellowships:
  These  fellowships  are  offered  within Interactive  Computation  -
  Methodology, Security, and Efficiency - and are open to PhD students
  who are nationals of a member  state of the European Community or an
  associated state, and  who wish to spend time  (from three months to
  twelve months) at BRICS, as part of their PhD studies.

Research positions:
  These positions are open to  applicants already holding a PhD degree
  in computer science.

Further information,  including instructions on  how to apply,  can be
found at: www.brics.dk/Positions and  general information on BRICS at:
www.brics.dk.

Kindly forward this information  to interested students and colleagues
at your university or research institute.

Thank you very much.