Subject: categories: CFP: Workshop on Structure Preserving Relations

From: KINOSHITA Yoshiki <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:17:01 +0900

CALL FOR TALKS AND PARTICIPATION

              Workshop on Structure Preserving Relations

Relations are ubiquitous in Computer Science.  In particular, those
which preserve structure are of central interest, appearing in the
form of logical relations and bisimulation, and used to study
abstraction and data and program refinement, for example.

The workshop is intended to bring researchers on these topics together
to present and compare their various approaches, and to allow
potential users of these techniques to see which if any of these
structures may be of use in their own more applied research.

The workshop will be held at ETL/AIST in Amagasaki, which is a scenic
coastal town near Kobe, with easy rail connections to the famous
tourist sites of Kyoto and Nara. The meeting will commence at 2:00 pm
on Monday, March 12, 2001, finishing sometime after lunch on
Wednesday, March 14.

Being supported by the COE project 'Global Informatics' funded by STA,
the workshop is a successor to the Workshop on Refinement and
Abstraction held at the same city in November, 1999 (see
http://www.etl.go.jp/~yoshiki/WRA/ for more information about this).

WORKSHOP ORGANISERS:

      Masami Hagiya           The University of Tokyo
      John Power              The University of Edinburgh
      Yoshiki Kinoshita       ETL/AIST, Osaka

INVITED SPEAKERS:

      Ryu Hasegawa            The University of Tokyo
      Bart Jacobs             Katholieke Universiteit Nijmegen
      Edmund Robinson         Queen Mary and Westfield College, London
      David Schmidt           Kansas State University

PLACE:

      Osaka LERC
      ETL
      Nakouji 3-11-46
      Amagasaki-city, Hyogo
      661-0974 Japan

      Phone: +81-6-6494-7825
      Fax: +81-6-6491-5028

      The map may be found at the following URL:
		http://www.etl.go.jp/~LERC/chizu.html

TALKS AND THE PROCEEDINGS:

      We wish to keep the informal atmosphere of the previous workshop
      making it easier to go for fruitful discussions.  All
      participants are welcome to give a talk on relations which
      preserve some mathematical structure such as algebraic
      structure.  We do not collect papers from the speakers in
      advance of the workshop.  Rather, we will bundle a
      post-proceedings of the workshop, which we plan to publish in a
      volume of Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science.  To
      this post-proceedings, not only the speakers but all
      participants will be invited to submit papers about topics
      related to the workshop.

ACCOMMODATION:

      Hotel New Archaic, which is in reasonable distance from the
      workshop place, offers a following rate to participants of this
      workshop:

      Single room : 7,507 Yen(including SVC,TAX)
      Twin room : 12,705 Yen(including SVC,TAX)

      To get this rate, you need to contact directly to the hotel
      (note: they of course speak reasonable English as well as 
      Japanese) BY PHONE or E-MAIL, to reserve your name BEFORE

       　　 Friday 28 February, 2001,

      with the explicit statement that you are to participate the
      Workshop sponsored by ETL.  PHONE is preferable for the reliable
      reservation.

      Phone number of the Hotel New Archaic for booking: +81-6-6488-3111
      E-mail address of the Hotel New Archaic for booking:

               TO: [email-masked]
               CC: [email-masked]                    

      There are limited number of non-smoking rooms.  Quick
      reservation would be recommended if you need one.

REGISTRATION:

      Participants are asked to fill in the following registration form
      and send it to YOKOYAMA Midoriko ([email-masked]), no later than

            February 28, 2001.

      Registration fee is 13,000yen that includes: 

         - admission to the workshop
         - lunches during the workshop
         - workshop dinner on March 13
         - materials distributed during the workshop

      Payments should be made in Yen currency by bank transfer.
      Notice: Registration fee 13,000yen does not include the bank
      charge.

         Bank name : Sakura Bank
         Branch bank name : Sonoda
         Beneficiary's name : ETL YOSHIKI KINOSHITA
         ID number : 357-4561405 (Ordinary bank account)

      For those who have difficulty with bank transfer, we also accept
      payment by cash on the first day of the workshop, but participants are
      encouraged to use bank transfer.

========================================================================

                          REGISTRATION FORM

              Workshop on Structure Preserving Relations

- Names in full :

- Address :

- Phone/Fax :

- Oranization :

- Date of transfer to our bank :

- Title and abstract of your talk (Note: if you intend to give a talk,
  please give your title and abstract here):

========================================================================