Subject: categories: WADT/CoFI 2001: Call for abstracts

From: WADT 2001 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 17:25:06 +0100

WADT/CoFI 2001
   15th International Workshop on Algebraic Development Techniques
                                  joint with
              General Workshop of the CoFI WG & CASL Tutorial

                                Genova, Italy
                                1-3 April 2001
                      http://www.disi.unige.it/wadt2001/

Aims and Scope
==============
The  algebraic approach to system  specification and development, born
as a formal  method for  abstract  data types,  encompasses today  the
formal    design of integrated  hardware    and software systems,  new
specification   frameworks     and programming  paradigms    (such  as
object-oriented, logic and  higher-order functional programming) and a
wide  range of   application  areas (including  information   systems,
concurrent and distributed systems).

The topics of the workshop include, but are not limited to:

    -   algebraic specification
    -   other approaches to formal specification
    -   specification languages and methods
    -   term rewriting and proof systems
    -   specification development systems (concepts, tools, etc.)

The workshop will provide an opportunity to present recent and ongoing
work, to meet colleagues, and to discuss new ideas and future trends.

The workshop will start with a full day tutorial on CoFI, the Common
Framework Initiative for algebraic specification and development of
software, see http://www.brics.dk/Projects/CoFI.  This tutorial will
also be available to people who do not wish to participate in the rest
of the workshop.  Besides the tutorial, there will be CoFI Task Group
meetings and presentation on related topics during the workshop.

The workshop will be a satellite event of the European Joint Conferences
on Theory and Practice of Software (ETAPS2001).
Special deals will be available for participants wishing to attend
WADT/CoFI 2001 together with other events of ETAPS.
More information on ETAPS is available at
                  http://www.disi.unige.it/etaps2001/

Submissions
===========

The  scientific  programme  of the workshop will include  up to about 30
presentations of recent results and ongoing research.  The presentations
will be  selected  according to  originality, significance,  and general
interest, on the basis of submitted  abstracts.  The selection committee
consists of the WADT Steering Committee together with the local organizers
(listed below).

The abstracts must  be in pdf (or standard postscript) format, up to two
pages  long in the style  for publication in  Lecture  Notes in  Computer
Science (see  http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html), and should
be sent by e-mail to [email-masked].

The deadline for submission of abstracts is

     10 January, 2001.

Abstracts that  substantially depart from the required  format, style or
length may be rejected without consideration.

The final versions of the selected abstracts (due by 26 February) will be
made available on the workshop web page, and included in a hand-out for
the workshop participants.

After  the  workshop, selected  authors will  be invited  to  submit full
papers for the  refereed  proceedings, which is expected to be published
as a volume of Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science
(http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/).

Location
========
WADT/CoFI 2001 will be held in Genova.
Information are also be available on the web at the page
                     http://www.disi.unige.it/wadt2001/

**********************************************************************
************************** Important Dates ***************************
**********************************************************************
*      Deadline for abstracts:            10 January, 2001           *
*      Notification sent to authors:      26 January, 2001           *
*      Final abstract due:                26 February, 2001          *
*      Workshop dates:                    1-3 April, 2001            *
**********************************************************************

WADT Steering Committee
=======================
        Michel Bidoit             (Cachan, France)
        Hans-Joerg Kreowski       (Bremen, Germany)
        Peter Mosses, chair       (Aarhus, Denmark)
        Fernando Orejas           (Barcelona, Spain)
        Francesco Parisi-Presicce (Rome, Italy)
        Donald Sannella           (Edinburgh, Scotland)
        Andrzej Tarlecki          (Warsaw, Poland)

Sponsors
========
The  workshop  is organized by IFIP WG1.3 (Foundations of System
Specification) jointly with CoFI WG.

Local Organizers
================
                 Maura Cerioli     Gianna Reggio
                               DISI
                Universita' degli Studi di Genova
                          Genova - Italy

Email: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------