Subject: categories: ETAPS 2001: SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT & CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

From: Etaps 2001 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:23:13 +0100

ETAPS 2001
                 APRIL 2 - 6, 2001 - GENOVA, ITALY

The European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software
(ETAPS) is a loose and open confederation of conferences and other
events that has become the primary European forum for academic and
industrial researchers working on topics relating to Software Science.

                  http://www.disi.unige.it/etaps2001/

SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT  &  CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
5 Conferences - Tutorials - Tool Demonstrations - 8 Satellite Events
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CONFERENCES
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
CC 2001: International Conference on Compiler Construction
Chair: Reinhard Wilhelm

ESOP 2001, European Symposium On Programming
Chair: David Sands

FASE 2001, Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering
Chair: Heinrich Hussmann

FOSSACS 2001,
Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures
Chair: Furio Honsell

TACAS 2001,
Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems
Chairs: Tiziana Margaria and Wang Yi

Prospective authors are invited to submit, before October 20, 2001,
full papers in English presenting original research. Submitted papers
must be unpublished and not submitted for publication elsewhere. In
particular, simultaneous submission of the same contribution to
multiple ETAPS conferences is forbidden. The proceedings of each main
conference will be published as a separate volume in the Springer
Verlag Lecture Notes in Computer Science series.

TUTORIALS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proposals for half-day or full-day tutorials related to ETAPS 2001 are
invited. Tutorial proposals will be evaluated on the basis of their
assessed benefit for prospective participants to ETAPS 2001.

Contact: Bernhard Rumpe (Technische Universitaet Munchen, Germany)

TOOL DEMONSTRATIONS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Demonstrations of tools presenting advances on the state of the art are
invited. Submissions in this category should present tools having a
clear connection to one of the main ETAPS conferences, possibly
complementing a paper submitted separately. These should not be
confused with contributions to TACAS, which emphasizes principles of
tool design, implementation, and use, rather than focusing on specific
domains of application.

Contact: Don Sannella (University of Edinburgh)

SATELLITE EVENTS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Besides the five main conferences the following satellite events are
planned for ETAPS 2001

CMCS: Co-algebraic Methods in Computer Science
Contact: Ugo Montanari (Universita' di Pisa, Italy)

ETI Day: Electronic Tool Integration platform Day
Contacts: Tiziana Margaria (Universitaet Dortmund, Germany) and
Andreas Podelski (MPI Saarbrucken, Germany)

JOSES: Java Optimization Strategies for Embedded Systems
Contact: Uwe Assmann (Universitat Karlsruhe, Germany)

LDTA: Workshop on Language Descriptions, Tools and Applications
Contact: Mark van den Brand (CWI Amsterdam, The Netherlands)

PFM: Proofs For Mobility
Contact: Davide Sangiorgi (INRIA-Sophia Antipolis, France)

RelMiS: Relational Methods in Software
Contact: Wolfram Kahl (Universitaet der Bundeswehr Munchen, Germany)

UNIGRA:
Uniform Approaches to Graphical Process Specification Techniques
Contact: Julia Padberg (Technische Universitaet Berlin, Germany)

WADT: Workshop on Algebraic Development Techniques
Contact: Maura Cerioli (DISI-Universita' di Genova, Italy)

IMPORTANT DATES:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
   October 20, 2000:  Submissions Deadline for the Main Conferences,
                      Demos and Tutorials

   December 15, 2000: Notification of Acceptance/Rejection

   January  15 2001:  Camera-ready Version Due

   April  2-6, 2001:  ETAPS 2001 in Genova

   March 31 - April 8, 2001:  Satellite Events
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Sorry for multiple copies. Do not reply to this message. If you
believe we have sent this to a list not appropriate, please let us know
by mailing to [email-masked] ]