Subject: categories: concrete functors between categories of algebras

From: [email-masked] (Claus Juergensen)
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:53:05 +0200 (MET DST)

Let C be a category and F, G : C -> C be endo-functors.
I denote the category of all F-algebras by Alg_C F and
the canonical forgettable functor by U_F : Alg_C F -> C.

I'm interested in concrete functors 

	H : Alg_C F -> Alg_C G

where `concrete' indicates the property

	U_F = U_G . H

Does anybody know about such functors?

Thanks for any help/references!

Claus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dipl.-Math. Claus Juergensen             | Technische Universitaet Dresden      
e-mail: [email-masked]   | Fakultaet Informatik                 
phone: +49 (0)3 51 46 3 - 82 53          | Institut fuer Theoretische Informatik
Lehrstuhl Grundlagen der Programmierung  | D-01062 Dresden                      
http://orchid.inf.tu-dresden.de/gdp/     | Germany                              
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------