Subject: categories: Como meeting CT2000

From: [email-masked] (Max Kelly)
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 23:12:56 +1000 (EST)

I have just come from the meeting above, which was truly excellent, and
led to a rich and valuable exchange of exciting new mathematics. It gives
me great pleasure to express publicly my gratitute to Aurelio Carboni,
Pino Rosolini,and Bob Walters for setting up and arranging, as the
Organizing Committee, this international meeting, with all the manifold
accompanying logistical problems.

I must say that I found the lack of suitable blackboards an annoying if
minor issue, since I am unused to preparing overhead transparencies, and
was told two minutes before my talk that those I had prepared the night
before were scarcely readable, in having too many lines to the page. In my
disappointment and irritation , I used language stronger than I would have
wished in criticising the lack of the usual communication-tools; I said
"disgraceful" where "unfortunate" would have corresponded better to the
situation. Thus I gave unintended offence to my three dear friends of the
Organizing Committee. I now offer them my public apologies, and seek their
pardon .

Max Kelly.