Subject: categories: New programs ... conference, Paris

From: Giuseppe Longo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:38:33 +0200

Preliminary announcement:

"New programs and open problems in the foundation of mathematics and  
of its applications, in year 2000"

        November 13 and 14, 2000
Ecole Normale Superieure, 45, rue d'Ulm, 75005 Paris
Salle Dussane

Program:

A. Connes "Non-commutative Geometry"
Respondent: TBA

J.-Y. Girard "Locus solum"
Respondent: P.-L. Curien

W. Lawvere  "Dialectical foundations of, by, and for mathematics"
Respondent: I. Moerdijk

A. Macintyre "Prospects in logic"
Respondent: M. F. Coste-Roy

R. Milner "The flux of computation"
Respondent: G. Berry

Panel discussion :
"Geometric Structures in Logic, Physics and Computing" with the  
invitees and the members of the working group "Geometrie et  
Cognition" (G. Longo, chair)

The Conference is open to public and it is part of the "Atelier de
Recherche" Geometrie et Cognition, partly supported by the MENRT
(http://www.dmi.ens.fr/users/longo/geocogni.html).

Contact:  [email-masked]
http://www.dmi.ens.fr/users/longo