Subject: categories: Four lectureships in Nottingham

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 14:49:50 BST

----------------------------------------------------------------------

		     THE UNIVERSITY OF NOTTINGHAM

	School of Computer Science and Information Technology
 
			  Four lectureships

Applications are  invited for the  above posts in a  rapidly expanding
School   based   at   one   of   the   UK's   strongest   research-led
universities. The School was graded  4 in the 1996 Research Assessment
Exercise and is  now building up its research  strengths for a further
improvement in  grade.  These posts are  part of a  steady increase in
the  size of the  School accompanied  by a  move to  new purpose-built
accommodation  in September 1999.  Although the  successful candidates
will have the opportunity of  teaching within their specialist area at
undergraduate and postgraduate level, there will also be a requirement
to teach  general computer science and  information technology modules
outside of any particular specialisation.

Candidates should already  have a PhD in computer  science, or another
closely related discipline, together  with strong evidence of existing
research  work  and the  potential  for  future  research at  Grade  5
level.  Outstanding  candidates will  be  welcomed  from  any area  of
computer science.

Salary will  be within  the range #17,238  - #30,065 per  annum (under
review), depending on qualifications and experience.

Informal enquiries  may be addressed to  Professor P H  Ford, tel: +44
(0)115  951   4251  or  Email:   [email-masked].  Further
information   about  the   School  is   available  on   the   WWW  at:
http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk.

Further details and application forms are available from the Personnel
Office,  Highfield  House, The  University  of Nottingham,  University
Park, Nottingham  NG7 2RD, United  Kingdom. Tel: +44 (0)115  951 5927.
Fax: +44 (0)115 951 5205. Email: [email-masked].

Please quote ref. LEG/510.  Closing date: 23rd June 2000.

----------------------------------------------------------------------