Subject: categories: LINEAR Summer School (Last call)

From: Nuno Barreiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 13:54:44 +0100

Please forward. We apologize for any duplication of this message in your
mailbox.                           Best regards,
                                                    Nuno Barreiro
------------------------------------------------------------------
                 ================================
=                              =                  =  Deadline for
applications:  =                  =                              =
                 =                              =
=           JUNE 15th          =
=                              =
================================              The LINEAR International
Summer School                  (Linear Logic and Applications)
                 August 30 to September 7, 2000         Hotel Terra
Nostra, S.Miguel, Azores, Portugal The Linear TMR research network
(http://iml.univ-mrs.fr/LINEAR) is proud to announce its first
International Summer School on Linear  Logic and Applications. The
school is directed to everyone doing postgraduate work in  Computer
Science or Mathematics with an interest in the field  of Formal Logic
and its applications. The school lasts one week and comprises both
lectures and  thematic sessions. The lectures are in the tradition of
summer  schools and cover one topic, from basic material to more
advanced  issues. The topics and lecturers are the following:
Samson Abramsky --- Game Semantics       Jean-Yves Girard -- Linear
Logic and Ludics       Stefano Guerrini -- Proof-Nets and
Lambda-Calculus       Yves Lafont ------- Phase Semantics and Decision
Problems       Phil Scott -------- Category Theory and Concrete Models
The thematic sessions will cover state-of-the-art research in  Linear
Logic. Each session has an organiser responsible for  inviting speakers
who will talk about their work. The themes  and organisers are the
following:       Andrea Asperti ---- Applications       Vincent Danos
----- Proof Theory       Thomas Ehrhard ---- Semantics       Glynn
Winskel ----- Concurrency The school will be held in the island of
S.Miguel, Azores, amid  luxurious vegetation and hot water springs. The
entrance to the  mythic kingdom of the Atlantis is believed to be
located near  Hotel Terra Nostra, some say at the bottom of its famous
red and  hot water swimming pool... Detailed information and application
forms are available at       http://linear.di.fc.ul.pt Don't forget to
check it!