Subject: categories: Faculty post in foundations of computer science

From: Peter Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 15:20:15 +0100 (BST)

UNIVERSITY OF SUSSEX

SCHOOL OF COGNITIVE AND COMPUTING SCIENCES

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Foundations of Computer Science (Ref 358)

Applications are invited for a permanent faculty position within the
Subject Group of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence. The
expected start date is 1 October 2000 or as soon thereafter as
possible.

The Subject Group currently has active research groups in the
Semantics of Computation and in Software Systems and Networks.
Candidates should be able to show evidence of significant research
achievement related to these research areas.  Ideally they should be
able to mediate between the two research groups, facilitating and
encouraging joint research activity.  Applicants with research
interests in programming language design for distributed systems, from
either a practical or theoretical perspective, would be particularly
welcome.  Details of the School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences
are available at

  http://www.cogs.susx.ac.uk

The post can be discussed informally with Professor Matthew Hennessy,
phone +44 1273 678101, email [email-masked].

Salary will be in the range: £17,238 to £22,579 (Grade A) or £23,521
to £30,065 (Grade B) on the Lecturer scale, or £31,563 to £35,670 on
the Senior Lecturer scale.  The level of appointment will be
appropriate to the achievements and potential of the successful
candidate.

Closing date: Friday 30 June 2000.

Application details are available from and should be returned to the
Staffing Services Office, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer,
Brighton, BN1 9RH; phone +44 1273 877324, fax +44 1273 877401, email
[email-masked].

Further particulars and application forms are also available at

  http://www.sussex.ac.uk/Units/staffing/personnl/vacs/