Subject: categories: Kelly Volume

From: Ross Street <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 16:56:17 +1000

Dear Mathematicians

Our colleague Max Kelly turns 70 on 5 June 2000.  To commemorate this 
milestone, and in recognition of Max's significant contribution to 
mathematics (especially category theory), there will be a special 
volume of the Journal of Pure and Applied Algebra dedicated him. The 
appropriateness of this Journal is clear as Max has been on the 
editorial board since its inception.

The Editors for this special volume will be Aurelio Carboni 
(representing the regular editorial board), George Janelidze and me 
(as guest editors).

We hereby call for submission of papers. We would like those of you 
have published with Max, worked with him, used his results, or simply 
respected his work, to consider contributing a research article.  The 
standards of the Journal will be upheld by the usual refereeing 
procedure.

	****The deadline for submission is 28 November 2000.****

Please send your article to one of the editors:

A. Carboni
Università degli Studi dell'Insubria
Dipartimento di Scienze Chimiche, Fisiche e Matematiche
Via Lucini 3
22100   Como
ITALY
E-mail: <[email-masked]> ,

Professor George Janelidze
Departamento de Matematica
Universidade de Aveiro
3810-193 Aveiro
PORTUGAL
Email:  <[email-masked]> ,

Professor Ross Street
Mathematics Department
Macquarie University
N. S. W.  2109
AUSTRALIA
Email: <[email-masked]>

Sincerely,
Ross