Subject: categories: LINEAR Summer School (2nd call)

From: Nuno Barreiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 04:33:24 +0100

Please forward. We apologize for any duplication of this message
in your mailbox.

                          Best regards,

                                                    Nuno Barreiro

------------------------------------------------------------------

              ===================================
              = SECOND CALL - EXTENDED DEADLINE =
              ===================================

             The LINEAR International Summer School

                 (Linear Logic and Applications)

                 August 30 to September 7, 2000

        Hotel Terra Nostra, S.Miguel, Azores, Portugal

The Linear TMR research network (http://iml.univ-mrs.fr/LINEAR) is
proud to announce its first International Summer School on Linear
Logic and Applications.

The school is directed to everyone doing postgraduate work in
Computer Science or Mathematics with an interest in the field
of Formal Logic and its applications.

The school lasts one week and comprises both lectures and
thematic sessions. The lectures are in the tradition of summer
schools and cover one topic, from basic material to more advanced
issues. The topics and lecturers are the following:

      Samson Abramsky --- Game Semantics
      Jean-Yves Girard -- Linear Logic and Ludics
      Stefano Guerrini -- Proof-Nets and Lambda-Calculus
      Yves Lafont ------- Phase Semantics and Decision Problems
      Phil Scott -------- Category Theory and Concrete Models

The thematic sessions will cover state-of-the-art research in Linear
Logic. Each session has an organiser responsible for inviting speakers
who will talk about their work. The themes and organisers are the
following:

      Andrea Asperti ---- Applications
      Vincent Danos ----- Proof Theory
      Thomas Ehrhard ---- Semantics
      Glynn Winskel ----- Concurrency

The school will be held in the island of S.Miguel, Azores, amid
luxurious vegetation and hot water springs. The entrance to the mythic
kingdom of the Atlantis is believed to be located near Hotel Terra
Nostra, some say at the bottom of its famous red and hot water swimming
pool...

Detailed information and application forms are available at

      http://linear.di.fc.ul.pt

Don't forget to check it!

---

From: Nuno Barreiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 00:14:26 +0100

Best regards,

                                                    Nuno Barreiro

                 ================================
                   ONLY ONE MONTH LEFT TO APPLY

                          Don't miss it!
                 ================================