Subject: categories: AiML-ICTL 2000: Final Call for Papers

From: Advances in Modal Logic <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 22:25:19 +0200

[Apologies for multiple copies]

FINAL CALL FOR PAPERS

AiML-ICTL 2000
Advances in Modal Logic -
International Conference on Temporal Logic 2000

October 4-7, 2000, University of Leipzig, Germany

Deadline: May 15, 2000

AiML-ICTL 2000
In the year 2000, the Advances in Modal Logic workshop and the
International Conference on Temporal Logic will be run as a
combined event, bringing together the strongly related modal
logic and computer science oriented temporal logic communities to
present and share the latest exciting results in all relevant
areas.

TOPICS
Topics of interest include: common-sense temporal reasoning,
complexity of modal and temporal logics, deontic logic,
description logics, dynamic logic, epistemic logic, modal logics
of agency and space, modal logic and game theory, modal logic and
grammar formalisms, modal realism and anti-realism, modal and
temporal logic programming and theorem proving, model theory and
proof theory of modal and temporal logic, representation of time
in natural language semantics, non-monotonic modal logics,
provability logic, temporal databases.  Papers on related
subjects will also be considered.

SPECIAL SESSION
During the workshop there will be a special session on
description logics and applications of modal logic in Knowledge
Representation.

INVITED SPEAKERS
  Nuel Belnap (Pittsburgh)
  Stephane Demri (Grenoble)
  Silvio Ghilardi (Milan)
  Giuseppe de Giacomo (Rome)
  Mark Reynolds  (Perth)
  Krister Segerberg (Uppsala)
  Colin Stirling (Edinburgh)
  Moshe Vardi (Houston)

PAPER SUBMISSION
Authors are invited to submit a detailed abstract of a full paper
of at most 10 pages (a4paper, 11pt) by e-mail to the programme
chair, using `AiML-ICTL Submission' as the subject line.  The
cover page should include title, names of authors, the
coordinates of the corresponding author, and some keywords
describing the topic of the paper.  Following this it should be
indicated whether this is a submission to AiML or ICTL. To be
considered, submissions must be received no later than May 15,
2000.

Note that at least one author of each accepted paper is required
to attend the workshop to present the paper.

PUBLICATION DETAILS
Preliminary versions of the full papers should be made available
at the workshop; two separate proceedings volumes (AiML and ICTL)
will be submitted to CSLI Publications.  Notification date for
the conference is July 15, 2000; for the volumes it is December
1, 2000.  Full versions of accepted ICTL papers can be offered
fast track journal publication in one of D.M. Gabbay's Oxford
Journals.

GRANTS
There will be a small number of grants available for participants
from Eastern Europe.

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
  Franz Baader, Aachen
  Howard Barringer, Manchester
  Marcelo Finger, Sao Paulo
  Nissim Francez, Haifa
  Dov Gabbay, London
  Greg Restall, Sydney
  Maarten de Rijke, Amsterdam
  Heinrich Wansing, Dresden (chair)
  Frank Wolter, Leipzig
  Michael Zakharyaschev, Leeds

PROGRAM CHAIR
  Heinrich Wansing
  Dresden University of Technology
  Institute of Philosophy
  01062 Dresden, Germany
  E-mail: <[email-masked]>
  Phone: +49 351 463 5489
  Fax: +49 351 463 6068

LOCAL ORGANIZERS
  Frank Wolter, Leipzig        Holger Sturm, Leipzig

IMPORTANT DATES
  Submission deadline: May 15, 2000
  Notification: July 15, 2000
  Workshop: October 4-7, 2000
  Preliminary version for workshop volume due:  at the workshop
  Notification of acceptance for publication:   December 1, 2000

FURTHER INFORMATION
E-mail enquiries about AiML-ICTL 2000 should be directed to
<[email-masked]>.  Information about AiML can
be obtained on the World-Wide Web at
<http://www.illc.uva.nl/~mdr/AiML/>, and about AiML-ICTL 2000 at
<http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~wolter/aiml.html>.

--
Advances in Modal Logic -
International Conference on Temporal Logic 2000
October 4-7, Leipzig, Germany
www.illc.uva.nl/~mdr/AiML/