Subject: categories: AMS Special Session: Toronto, September 2000

From: "Walter Tholen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 16:56:50 -0400

SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT

 AMS Regional Meeting #957 in Toronto, September 22 - 24,
 Special Session on Applied Categorical Structures

Thanks to everybody who responded to our first announcement. With 19 talks
scheduled we have already exhausted the time slots available to us and are not
able to accommodate any further talks, unless we receive cancellations in the
very near future. Here is the current list of speakers:

 Steve Awodey, David Benson, Lars Birkedal, Marta Bunge, Robin Cockett, Jack
 Duskin, Marco Grandis, Andre Joyal, Jim Lambek, Bill Lawvere, James Madden,
 Michael Makkai, M.M. Mawanda, Bob Pare, Nico Pumpluen, Jiri Rosicky, Myles
 Tierney, Enrico Vitale, and Richard Wood.

All talks are 25-minute talks. Speakers are asked to provide us with the titles
of their talks by June 15. Furthermore, speakers must provide abstracts, to be
sent directly to the AMS, in accordance with AMS regulations, via web, email or
hard copy. The absolute deadline for receipt of abstracts by the AMS is July
14. We shall give further details in a subsequent mailing to speakers.

 Here is the block schedule for the Session:

 Friday, September 22,   8pm: Welcome Party for all participants in the Session
 Saturday, September 23, 9-11:30 am (5 talks)
                         3-5:30 pm  (5 talks)
 Sunday, September 24,   9-11:30 am (5 talks)
                         2-4 pm     (4 talks)

A detailed schedule will be contained in our final announcement, to be
communicated at the beginning of September.
All other relevant information (accommodation, fees, other sessions, invited
addresses) will be published in a forthcoming issue of the Notices of the AMS.
Please follow the registration/reservation procedures given there. We regret
not to be able to assist you with that. In making travel arrangements, please
note particularly that the Session will continue until 4 pm Sunday afternoon.

While the list of speakers is by necessity very limited, there is no limit to
the number of participants! We hope to see you in Toronto in the (very early)
fall.

 Joan Wick Pelletier
 Walter Tholen