Subject: categories: PhD positions in Logics, Types, Rewriting adn Automation

From: Fairouz Kamareddine <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 11:21:32 +0100

The ULTRA group (Useful Logics, Types, Rewriting and Automation)
HERIOT-WATT UNIVERSITY
Department of Computing and Electrical Engineering

EPSRC PhD Studentships

The department has a number of studentships available for UK and EU nationals
to undertake research leading to a PhD.

We encourage the applications of those interested in any of the areas below:
1. the study and automation of logics, type theories, and rewriting theory 
2. the logical/type theoretical foundations of programming languages, 
   the formalization of mathematics, and theorem proving.
3. the design and implementation of programming langauges and theorem provers.
4. The Lambda calculus.

Candidates should hold or expect to hold a good honours degree or the
equivalent.

Further information about applications and research projects we offer
at the ULTRA group can be obtained by contacting 
Professor Fairouz Kamareddine ([email-masked])

Further details of the ULTRA group can be found on:
http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/ultra/