Subject: categories: LPAR'2000: call for papers

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 16:37:06 +0200

[Apologies for receiving multiple copies] 

			      LPAR'2000 

		   7th International Conference on
 
	    LOGIC for PROGRAMMING and AUTOMATED REASONING

		 Reunion Island, November 6-10, 2000

			   CALL FOR PAPERS 

Location:

LPAR'2000 will be held November 6-10, 2000, on Reunion Island, a small
french island in the Indian Ocean, to the east of Madagascar. It will
be followed by a "Workshop on Implementations of Logic", November 11-12.

Topics:

* automated reasoning               * lambda and combinatory calculi 
* interactive theorem proving       * constructive logic and type theory
* implementations of logic          * computional interpretations of logic
* design of logical frameworks      * logical foundations of programming
* program & system verification     * logical aspects of concurrency
* model checking                    * program extraction from proofs
* rewriting                         * linear logic
* logic programming                 * modal and temporal logics
* constraints programming           * knowledge representation & reasoning
* logic and databases               * reasoning about actions
* logic & computational complexity  * description logics
* specification using logics        * nonmonotonic reasoning

Both "theoretical" papers and "experimental" papers are welcome. The
first category is intended to contain new theoretical results, the
second one to describe implementations of systems, to report experiments
with implemented systems, or to compare implemented systems.

Programme Committee:

* Stefano Berardi, Torino        * Patrick Lincoln, SRI           
* Manfred Broy, Munich           * David McAllester, AT&T Labs
* Maurice Bruynooghe, Leuven     * Robert Nieuwenhuis, Barcelona
* Gilles Dowek, INRIA            * Mitsuhiro Okada, Tokyo
* Harald Ganzinger, MPI          * Catuscia Palamidessi, Penn State
* Mike Gordon, Cambridge         * Leszek Pacholski,  Wroclaw 
* Yuri Gurevich, Microsoft Res.  * Michel Parigot, Paris  (co-chair)
* Neil Jones, Copenhagen         * Frank Pfenning, Pittsburgh 
* Teodor Knapik, Reunion         * Helmut Schwichtenberg, Munich
* Yves Lafont, Marseille         * Jan Smith, Goteborg 
* Daniel Leivant, Bloomington    * Wolfgang Thomas, Aachen 
* Giorgio Levi, Pisa             * Pascal van Hentenryck, Providence
* Leonid Libkin, Bell Labs       * Andrei Voronkov, Manchester (co-chair)

Organizing Committee:

* Teodor Knapik, University of Reunion
* Pascal Manoury, University of Paris VI
* Andrei Voronkov, University of Manchester

Submission of papers:

Submitted papers must be original and not submitted concurrently for
publication to a journal or to another conference. Submission by
members of the Program Committee is not allowed. The proceedings of
LPAR'2000 will be published by Springer-Verlag in the LNAI series and
available at the conference. 

Submitted "theoretical" papers should not be longer than 15
proceedings pages. Submitted "experimental" papers should not be
longer than 10 proceedings pages.

Instructions for submission will be on the conference web page: 
   http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~voronkov/LPAR/2000/general.html

Important dates:

Submission:         June 1
Notification:       July 15
Final version:      August 10
Conference:         November 6-10
Worskhop:           November 11-12

More information:

http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~voronkov/LPAR/2000/general.html