Subject: categories: Associate Professorship in Logic in Computer Science, Aarhus, DK

From: karen Kjær Møller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:14:11 +0200

UNIVERSITY OF AARHUS

DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE

A tenured position as associate professor in the area of Logic in
Computer Science, i.e. computational logic in a broad sense, is
available at the Department of Computer Science, starting August 1,
2000. Ideally we seek applicants who as well as exhibiting a broad and
impressive knowledge of Logic applicable in Computer Science, are able
to support and encourage Logic on a broad front within the department.
As a minimum requirement, applicants must have documented scientific
qualifications within the area (equivalent to a PhD plus at least 2-3
years additional research and teaching).

The Department conducts research and teaching in theoretical as well as
experimental computer science. The staff is close to 200 people,
including 25 full or associate professors, and 50 PhD students. The
number of M.Sc. students is approximately 500. The position is intended
to strengthen the Department's existing research group in Theoretical
Computer Science, and will be associated with Research Centre BRICS
(http:www.brics.dk/).

Applicants must submit a curriculum vitae, a description of scientific
accomplishments, future research plans and participation in research
programmes, a description of  teaching experience, a list of
publications (all in 4 copies), and 3 copies of publications  to be
considered in the evaluation.

The Faculty refers  to the Ministerial Order No. 650 of 31.8.1998 on the
appointment of  teaching and research staff at the universities under
the Ministry of Research and Information Technology.

Applications should be addressed to The Faculty of Science, University
of Aarhus, Ny Munkegade, Building 520, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark, and
marked  212/5-189

The deadline for receipt of all applications is May 10, 2000, at 12,00.

For more information, please contact the head of the department Kurt
Jensen (e-mail: [email-masked]. Phone: +45 8942 5612) or consult
the Web pages: http://www.daimi.au.dk/