Subject: categories: FMCS2000

From: John MacDonald <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 17:22:07 -0800 (PST)

First Announcement			

			    FMCS2000

	     Foundational Methods in Computer Science

		      JUNE 1st - 4th, 2000

The Department of Mathematics at the University of British Columbia
in cooperation with the Pacific Institute of Mathematical Sciences
is hosting the Foundational Methods in Computer Science workshop
on June 1st - 4th, 2000, on the University of British Columbia
Campus in Vancouver, B.C., Canada

The workshop is an informal meeting to bring together researchers
in mathematics and computer science with a focus on the application 
of category theory in computer science. It is a three day meeting, 
that starts off with a day of tutorials aimed at students and 
newcomers to category theory, followed by a day and a half of
research talks. There will be a series of invited presentations
(TBA). The remaining research talks are solicited from the
participants. Student participation is particularly encouraged
at FMCS.

To receive further information about FMCS2000 as it becomes
available, including information about housing and registration,
please send email to [email-masked] with subject heading
FMCS2000.

John MacDonald
Local organizer, FMCS2000