Subject: categories: Tenured posts, please advertise thanks

From: Fairouz Kamareddine <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:53:14 +0000

Tenured Posts in Computer Science
			Heriot-Watt University, 
			Edinburgh, Scotland   

Posts at the level of lecturer (assistant professor), senior lecturer
and reader (associate professor) are available at the department of
Computing and Electrical Engeneering at Heriot-Watt University,
Edinburgh Scotland.  The posts are in a number of areas of Computer
Science.  I would strongly encourage applications from academics whose
research area is on type theory, term rewriting, logic, and the
foundations of programming languages and theorm proving.  Look at the web
pages of the ULTRA group http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/ultra/
for information on the areas we are involved in.  

The department of Computing and Electrical at Heriot-Watt is a very
lively, active and friendly place with a supportive spirit.  The
department is expanding fast and is committed to excellence and is
investing a lot in the future.  So, if you can contribute to this
excellence and you want to play an influential role in a supportive
environment, send your application. 
Heriot-Watt is located in beautiful parklands on the outskirsts of
Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland and a beautiful and historic city.

Further details about the Department are available on 
http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/
Informal enquiries to Prof. R.J. Clarke, Head of Department {email
[email-masked]}. If your questions are related to 
the above areas, contact Fairouz Kamareddine ([email-masked]). 

For application details please contact the
Personnel Office, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh EH14 4AS,
Tel. 0131 451 3475 (24 hrs), quoting Reference No (Ref. 19/00) for 
Reader/Senior Lecturer and Reference No (Ref. 20/00) for the Lecturer.

Salary for the lectureship is on the scale: 17,238-30,065 UK pounds
Salary for the reader/senior lectureship is between: 31,563-35,670 UK pounds

Closing date: 3 March 2000.

Fairouz Kamareddine