Subject: categories: CFP: Workshop on Implicit Computational Complexity

From: "Martin Hofmann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 14:06:12 GMT

Third international workshop on Implicit Computational Complexity-2001 (ICC'01)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                   (affiliated with PADO and MFPS)

The Implicit Complexity Workshop (ICC'01) will be held on Sunday, 20
May 2001 in Aarhus as part of the joint PADO/MFPS 2000 conferences.

Topics of Interest:
-------------------

The synergy between Logic, Computational Complexity and Programming
Language Theory has gained importance and vigour in recent years,
cutting across areas such as Proof Theory, Computation Theory,
Applicative Programming, and Philosophical Logic. Several
machine-independent approaches to computational complexity have been
developed, which characterize complexity classes by conceptual
measures borrowed primarily from mathematical logic. Collectively
these approaches might be dubbed IMPLICIT COMPUTATIONAL COMPLEXITY.

Practically, implicit computational complexity provides a framework
for a streamlined incorporation of computational complexity into areas
such as formal methods in software development, programming language
theory. In addition to research reports on theoretical advances in
implicit computational complexity, practical contributions bridging
the gap between Computational Complexity and Programming Language
Theory are therefore of particular interest.

Previous Workshops
------------------

have been held in Indianapolis 1994, Baltimore 1998, Trento 1999,
Santa Barbara 2000.

Programme committee
-------------------

Samson Abramsky  (University of Oxford, UK)  
Martin Hofmann (University of Edinburgh, UK) (Chair)  
Bruce Kapron (University of Victoria, Canada)  
Harry Mairson (Brandeis University)  
Jean-Yves Marion (Loria, Nancy, France)  
So/ren Riis (Queen Mary and Westfield College, London)  
Helmut Schwichtenberg (University of Munich, Germany)

Steering committee
------------------

Daniel Leivant (University of Indiana at Bloomington)  
Jean-Yves Marion (Loria, Nancy, France)

Submission procedure
--------------------

E-mail your contribution as a PostScript file to the programme chair
([email-masked]) to bereceived by 16 March 2001. Alternatively,
you can send 5 hardcopies by air mail to the program chair.

Authors with restricted copying facilities may also send a single hardcopy. 

Important dates 
---------------

16 March 2001 Submission deadline 
10 April 2001 Notification of authors of accepted papers 
20 May 2001  Workshop

Workshop WWW-page
-----------------

http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/home/mxh/ICC01.html

Contact information
-------------------

Martin Hofmann 
Division of Informatics 
University of Edinburgh JCMB, KB  
Mayfield Road Edinburgh EH9 3JZ  UK 
tel : (44) 131 650 5187  fax : (44) 131 667 7209 
[email-masked]