Subject: categories: AVoCS'01 announcement

From: David Nowak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 17:54:39 +0000

ANNOUNCEMENT (Apologies if you receive multiple copies)

                                AVoCS'01

         Workshop on Automated Verification of Critical Systems

                        Oxford, April 19-20, 2001

          http://web.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/conferences/wavcs2001/

This workshop continues the annual DERA/OUCL workshop series.  It will
combine invited presentations with accepted submissions.

Motivation

The aim of this workshop is to foster a research community in
verification in United Kingdom through encouraging communication among
researchers.  Specific objectives include concrete efforts at
integration as well as the transfer of methods between different
groups.  This year, a special session featuring security will be held.

Organising Committee

Marta Kwiatkowska, University of Birmingham
Michael Leuschel, University of Southampton
David Nowak (contact person), Oxford University
Joy Reed, Oxford Brookes University
Mike Reed, Oxford University
Bill Roscoe, Oxford University
Ulrich Ultes-Nitsche, University of Southampton
Irfan Zakiuddin, DERA

Contact Person

     David Nowak
     Oxford University Computing Laboratory
     Wolfson Building
     Parks Road
     Oxford, OX1 3QD
     United Kingdom

     [email-masked]

Sponsors

Defence Evaluation and Research Agency (DERA) and Office of Naval
Research (ONR)

Topics

Topics include but are not limited to:

   * Abstraction methods (symmetry, ...)
   * Applications to security
   * Applications to hardware
   * Case studies
   * Connections with abstract interpretation
   * Data independence
   * Integrating theorem proving and model checking
   * Model checking
   * Model checking of infinite systems
   * Model checking of real-time systems
   * Performance and dependability evaluation
   * Refinement checking
   * Software verification
   * Temporal and modal logic
   * Theorem Proving

We also encourage submissions which integrate or compare these different
approaches.

Submissions

Authors are requested to submit an abstract to the contact person (cf.
above).  If possible, submissions should be made electronically in
postscript (or PDF format).  Additional details on submission guidelines
will be posted at the workshop home page.  Abstracts relevant to the
scope of this workshop will be selected for presentation.  Submissions
of work in progress talks are encouraged.  Contributions will not be
peer-reviewed and can thus still be submitted for publication in other
fora.

Proceedings

Informal proceedings will be available at the workshop as a OUCL
technical report.  Participants are thus invited to submit working notes
or abstracts for inclusion in proceedings.  After the workshop,
proceedings upon invitation will be published.

Registration

Advance enrolment is required.  To enrol please send your name,
affiliation, e-mail, address, phone number and fax number to the contact
person (cf. above).  There will be no registration fee for the
workshop.  Note that attendance could be restricted or limited,
therefore travel plans should not be made until confirmation of your
registration has been received.