Subject: categories: Job: Lectureships in Computer Science at Birmingham

From: Marta Z Kwiatkowska <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 17:01:17 GMT

[Apologies for multiple postings.]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

                    SCHOOL OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
                   THE UNIVERSITY OF BIRMINGHAM
                             England

                     Three Lecturership Posts

Applications are invited for three lectureship posts in Computer
Science, starting as soon as possible (September 2001 latest).

Postholders will be expected to contribute strongly to research,
teaching and administration within the School. As an exception,
consideration will be given for one of the posts to applicants whose
strength is mainly in teaching in an area of special benefit to the
School, for example systems analysis, software design, information
systems, human-computer interaction or natural computation (taken to
include evolutionary, neurally-inspired, and other nature-based
computational styles).

We intend one of the positions to be filled by someone able to
contribute to teaching in our new EPSRC-funded MSc in Natural
Computation.

Applicants may be in any area of research in computational science.
Generally, applicants should have, or soon expect to have, a PhD in
computer science or an appropriate, closely related field, together
with research experience as evidenced by publications in leading
international journals or conference proceedings.  However,
teaching-orientated applicants may be acceptable if they have an
appropriate, strong educational or industrial background and have a
good university degree in an appropriate field.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

For further information please see
   http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/research/jobs/lect01/

For the formal application procedure please see that webpage.
CLOSING DATE: 31 January 2001.
              (Late applications may be considered.)
Interviews are tentatively planned for late February / early March.

It may be possible to negotiate part-time work in special cases.

Additional research posts in Computer Science and Artificial
Intelligence in this School can be found at:
     http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/school/jobvacancies

Informal enquiries may be made to

     Prof. John Barnden (Head of School)
     Tel:     (+44) (0)121 414-3711
     Email:   [email-masked]