Subject: categories: Open position at City University Graduate Center

From: Rohit Parikh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 07:07:56 EDT

==========================================================================

                      Ph.D. Program in Computer Science
                                  Professor

    The  CUNY Graduate Center seeks  Professor with outstanding record  or
    Associate  Professor  with  great  promise.   Program is looking for an
    individual  who  has  had  major  impact  in  the  field,  is active in
    preferably more than one area, has a consistent grant record, and  some
    of whose  work is  applied.  A  distinguished candidate  of substantial
    merit   with   an   international   reputation   may   be  nominated as
    Distinguished Professor.

    Primary  responsibilities  include  teaching  doctoral-level  students,
    research,  departmental  service,  and  supervision  of  dissertations.
    Requires: earned  doctorate; record  of significant  (for Associate) or
    exceptional (for  full) academic  achievement; demonstrated  ability to
    teach graduate students successfully.

    Review of  applications begins  10/31/00.  Send  letter of application,
    curriculum vitae, and names and addresses of three references to:

                           Search Committee Chair
                           Ph.D. Program in Computer Science
                           CUNY Graduate Center
                           365 Fifth Avenue
                           New York, NY 10016

                           EO/AA/IRCA/ADA Employer