Subject: categories: CFP : Book on Linear Logic

From: Paul RUET <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 17:42:02 +0200

CALL FOR PAPERS
Book on Linear Logic

On the occasion of its International Summer School

     http://linear.di.fc.ul.pt/

held in the Azores from August 30 to September 7, 2000, the TMR Linear
network

     http://iml.univ-mrs.fr/ldp/LINEAR/

wishes to edit a book devoted to recent advances in Linear Logic. This
book will consist of a few invited papers and some refereed
contributions (not necessarily written by people who gave a talk at the
School). All submitted contributions will be refereed. They must be in
English and may not exceed 25 pages, and the results must be unpublished
and not submitted for publication elsewhere, including the proceedings
of symposia or workshops. Submissions (in postscript format) must be
sent by E-mail to

     [email-masked]

by February 1st, 2001.

Suggested, but not exclusive, topics of interest for submissions
include:

   * Proof theory: proof-nets, ludics, non-commutative logic, proof
     theory of classical logic.
   * Complexity: polynomial and elementary linear logics, decision
     problems, feasible arithmetics.
   * Semantics: phase semantics, categorical semantics, denotational
     semantics, game semantics, geometry of interaction.
   * Concurrency: categorical models for concurrency, interaction nets.
   * Applications: sharing reductions in lambda-calculus and optimality,
     linear functional programming, linear constraint logic programming,
     proof search and focalisation.

Submission deadline: February 1st, 2001.

Tentative publisher:
Cambridge University Press, in the "London Mathematical Society Lecture
Note Series".

Editorial board:
Thomas Ehrhard
Jean-Yves Girard
Paul Ruet
Phil Scott