Subject: categories: Book: "Network Algebra"

From: Gheorghe Stefanescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:33:16 +0300 (EEST)

New book! 
   G. Stefanescu, Network Algebra, 
   Springer-Verlag, London/Berlin/...

   ISBN: 1-85233-195-X; XVI+402pp; 
   GBP 37.50; softcover; April 2000
   See also:
   http://funinf.cs.unibuc.ro/~ghstef/na/myAdv.html

   Network Algebra considers the algebraic study of networks
   and their behaviour. It contains general results on the
   algebraic theory of networks, recent results on the
   algebraic theory of models for parallel programs, as well as
   results on the algebraic theory of classical control
   structures. The results are presented in a unified framework
   of the calculus of flownomials, leading to a sound
   understanding of the algebraic fundamentals of the network
   theory. Network Algebra will be of interest to anyone
   interested in network theory or its applications and
   provides them with the results needed to put their work on a
   firm basis. Graduate students will also find the material
   within this book useful for their studies.

   Contents: 
   An Introduction to Network Algebra: 
	   Short Overview on the key results. 
	   (http://funinf.cs.unibuc.ro/~ghstef/na/naIntr.ps.gz)
	   Network Algebra and its applications.
   Relations, Flownomials and Abstract Networks:
	   Networks modulo graph isomorphism. 
	   Algebraic models for branching constants. 
	   Network behaviour. 
	   Elgot theories. 
	   Kleene theories.
   Algebraic Theory of Special Networks:
	   Flowchart schemes. 
	   Automata. 
	   Process Algebra. 
	   Dataflow Networks. 
	   Petri Nets.
   Towards an Algebraic Theory for Software Components:
	   Mixed Network Algebra. 
	   Related Calculi, Closing Remarks.
   Appendices.
   Bibliography.
   (http://funinf.cs.unibuc.ro/~ghstef/na/naRef.ps.gz)
   List of Tables.
   List of Figures.
   Index. 

   Stefanescu, G., University of Bucharest, Romania
   Publication date: April 12, 2000; 
   DM 119,- Recommended List Price
   Written for: Graduates, practitioners 
   Book category: Graduate Textbook
   Publication language: English
   Series: Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science.
   Last update: 08.04.2000