Subject: categories: FoSSaCS'01 deadline is Oct, 20

From: Furio Honsell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 13:04:43 +0200 (MET DST)

[Apologies for multiple copies]

 FoSSaCS 2001 - Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures
         An ETAPS 2001 conference - Genova, Italy, 2 - 6 April, 2001

                    *** DEADLINE: October 20, 2000 ***                     

Full call for papers and submission page at http://fossacs.dimi.uniud.it/
ETAPS page is at http://www.disi.unige.it/etaps2001/

FoSSaCS seeks papers which offer progress in foundational research with a
clear significance to Software Sciences. Central objects of interest are
the algebraic, categorical, logical, and geometric theories, models, and
methods which support the specification, synthesis, verification,
analysis, and transformation of sequential, concurrent, distributed, and
mobile programs and software systems.  Topics covered are in:

 Semantic foundations of Computation and Software Sciences: e.g., type
 theory, domain theory, category theory; Operational and syntactic
 foundations of Computation and Software Sciences: e.g.,
 - computation processes over discrete and continuous data,
 - techniques for their manipulation, and analysis of their algorithmic properties; 
 - formal descriptions of general frames for the integration of
   specification techniques; 
 - automata; 
 - techniques for proving properties of protocols; 
 - transition systems; 
 - models of concurrency interactive and reactive systems, and
   corresponding calculi, algebras, and logics.